Alabama Bathroom Bill

Rynn

Talk about repulsive.

All this shit for shit and urine and washing up. I certainly hope they don't intend to check up little girl's skirts or anything. 

Edit: is this an actual legal thing now, or are they just talking about it?

2 minutes ago, Moophie said:

I certainly hope they don't intend to check up little girl's skirts or anything.

Haha, then they'd be the perverted 'anti-pervert' police. Kind of beats the point, hm?

1 minute ago, Laurann said:

Haha, then they'd be the perverted 'anti-pervert' police. Kind of beats the point, hm?

I'd say it's all pretty perverse by mere concept. 

What if you're a woman who has a masculine-typical facial structure? Or vice versa for a man? Would they check before fining you? Or would you be subjected to some kind of search first? Would you have to make sure you carry ID around just to take a fucking piss?

12 minutes ago, Moophie said:

What if you're a woman who has a masculine-typical facial structure? Or vice versa for a man? Would they check before fining you? Or would you be subjected to some kind of search first? Would you have to make sure you carry ID around just to take a fucking piss?

That's the big problem. Some cis people don't pass. So they are bound to get someone who doesn't fit in the gender norms. What does that mean for little girls or boys then? Because given all the different variety's a child can look like are they going to say. "sorry child but we need to check you first"

Southeast America is messed up

14 minutes ago, Moophie said:

And it's all so unnecessary. There's no reason to have separate male and female bathrooms. All that would have to happen to get neutral ones is just get rid of urinals and have separate stalls for everyone. Done.

To be honest, I think in a hundred years people are going to think of this as similar to when black people couldn't pee in white people's bathrooms. It's equally irrational.

Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet
13 minutes ago, SapphireDelvai said:

That's the big problem. Some cis people don't pass. So they are bound to get someone who doesn't fit in the gender norms. What does that mean for little girls or boys then? Because given all the different variety's a child can look like are they going to say. "sorry child but we need to check you first"

yaar.gif

33 minutes ago, Moophie said:

Edit: is this an actual legal thing now, or are they just talking about it?

It's in the process of becoming an actual legal thing. He says so in the first bit of the video.  

I think it will unfortunately pass, seeing as Republicans basically own the US' political system now.:(

Apparently seven other states are doing the same thing.

7 minutes ago, Laurann said:

It's in the process of becoming an actual legal thing. He says so in the first bit of the video.  

I think it will unfortunately pass, seeing as Republicans basically own the US' political system now.:(

Apparently seven other states are doing the same thing.

Ayayayayayay.

Weird, stupid people. Weird, stupid. Stupid and weird.

31 minutes ago, SapphireDelvai said:

Right? How much you want to bet that, for the vast majority, they'll wind up stopping and fining people who are the 'correct' gender? 

Bet you fucking anything! And would they actually try to fine children?

Edit: actually, that would be the most hilarious thing. People in support of this moronic drivel wind up getting stopped the most.

Hermit Advocate

I can't believe this is a real thing. Why are people so stupid? 

Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet
16 minutes ago, CakeSpadeAce said:

Who cares who uses what bathroom? Let people just shit in peace.

Agreed.

Z5mwOa.gif

NerotheReaper

How are they going to check your gender, ask you to take off your pants so they can see if you have a willy or not? 

If people are so concerned about who is using the bathroom next to them, how about they just don't use public bathrooms. I rarely use public bathrooms mainly for the fact they are usually dirty.

2 minutes ago, NerotheReaper said:

I rarely use public bathrooms mainly for the fact they are usually dirty.

You haven't seen dirty bathrooms until you've been to the ones in rural China, I swear.

Poop and urine is all over the floor. It's sometimes literally just a hole in the ground.

No flushing, no doors, no privacy, no nothing. Hell, not even a toilet.

yeah off topic, i know.

• 1 month later...
Nico-Nico Friendo

Trans people have been using public bathrooms just like everyone else for forever. This was never an issue at all until the GOP decided to make it so back around 2015. I'm so mad about this! Just let people pee and poop in peace!!! Stupid politicians and their potty police. UGH!

Oh yeah, and in states that have tried this anti-trans bathroom bill crap, both cis and trans people have been harassed for not being gender-conforming enough, such as a cis-woman with short hair and a baseball cap or a cis-woman who had a double mastectomy due to breast cancer. But these government men are REALLY protecting women with these ridiculous laws! [/sarcasm]

On 15/1/2017 at 3:50 PM, SapphireDelvai said:

while the laws are targeted, even outside of the southeast ciswomen have been subject to such, though the difference in alabama like is that the legislature is legalising such.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2016/05/18/this-cis-woman-experienced-transphobia-in-a-target-bathroom-and-she-was-shaken-to-the-core-video/

http://www.advocate.com/business/2015/06/17/detroit-woman-kicked-out-restaurant-bathroom-looking-man-sues

https://worldnewsdailyreport.com/north-carolina-woman-kicked-out-of-ladies-bathroom-by-police-after-being-mistaken-for-transgender/

The party of "small government -- we get out of your way and don't interfere in your lives" strikes again! :D

Oh dear. Glad I don't live there. As an androgenous female who regularly gets mistaken for a male, I'd run the risk of a fine for entering either bathroom! It'd be cheaper and less stressful to p'ss my pants. Seriously though, who exactly is this protecting? As if there aren't perverts out there who target their own sex too! Separate stalls would solve everything. It'd certainly make things easier too for ie Dads taking their young daughters to the toilet, who have to choose between being chased out of the womens' or dragging their girls past a line of peeing men lol!

:o

WTF?? How exactly r they planning to enforce this? They have no way of knowing what people's parts look like. Are they going to make people strip before they use the restroom?

10 hours ago, helana12_03 said:

:o

WTF?? How exactly r they planning to enforce this? They have no way of knowing what people's parts look like. Are they going to make people strip before they use the restroom?

Laugh at such a thought, people at Funny or Die did and make a joke video about toliets having specalist police to ensure people used the "correct" toilet. Apparently on of the 7 states doing one of these laws actually want that now!

Glad that the closest I've heard of that kind of thing where I am was a trans person went to use a bathroom in a bar, staff assumed cis gender, person identified themself as trans. They got an apology(which got accepted)and were allowed to continue. The bar invited a trans group to educate the staff shortly afterwards, along with a further apology to the individual involved (again accepted). Only know it cause other people demanded a public apology (bar refusing as it affected only 1 person who got an apology, so fair enough).

Archived