Myers–Briggs Personalities! (also known as 16 presonalities)

TheCatBehind

All about the MBTI  

227 members have voted

1. 1. What is your personality "type"?

• INTJ
    • INTP
    • ENTJ
    • ENTP
    • INFJ
    • INFP
    • ENFJ
    • ENFP
    • ISTJ
    • ISFJ
    • ESTJ
    • ESFJ
    • ISTP
    • ISFP
    • ESTP
    • ESFP
  2. 2. Assertive or Turbulent?

• Assertive
    • Turbulent
  3. 3. Do you feel like it was accurate? (1-5, where 1 is not accurate at all and 5 is incredibly accurate)

• 5 - Freakishly so!
    • 4 - Really accurate, yeah.
    • 3 - Yeah, kinda.
    • 2 - Not exactly...
    • 1 - Not at all.
  4. 4. ARE YOU OBSESSED???????

• YES!!!!!!!
    • No.
    • You're scaring me...
    • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • New to this.

This poll is closed to new votes

The results are pretty close, it's 80-90% accurate.

I don't put much weight on myers-briggs types, however I do find them interesting.

I recently had to take one of these for career placement counselling at school and I scored practically null in all categories (if I remember correctly, +1% I, +1% N, +1% F, and +2% J), which I find funny because I just retook the test now and got ESTJ O.0

Idk man, all I know is that I agree with the -A at the end

I think INTP describes me best, though I got INTJ-T on that test. 

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 2:00 PM, CBC said:

There are approximately 2,387 existing threads on this topic, but I'm lazy so you'll have to find 'em yourself.

I'm likely INTP. I've tested as several other things over the years (mostly INTJ and sometimes INFP, rarely ISTJ), but if you get fully into the theories behind it, like Jungian cognitive functions and stuff, you can usually figure out your type more clearly. But yeah, I'm fairly certain I'm INTP. (And the turbulent/assertive thing is just some nonsense that one particular online test -- 16 Personalities -- tacks on to their formula, and it has nothing to do with MBTI whatsoever.)

None of this is real science though, and it's not recognised as having any true validity in psychology. It's best taken with a grain of salt. Fun and interesting, but not something to take too seriously. That said, I've been interested in personality analysis for many years. Borrowed my first book on MBTI from the public library when I was about eight or nine haha.

What, you're telling me that employers are possibly rejecting me based on a test that isn't recognized in the world of psychology?!

4 minutes ago, Bob32 said:

What, you're telling me that employers are possibly rejecting me based on a test that isn't recognized in the world of psychology?!

What kind of crooked employers ask for MBTI?

3 minutes ago, borkfork said:

What kind of crooked employers ask for MBTI?

Quite a few actually. So far the only employer I didn't need to take the test for is the hospital network I currently work for.

4 minutes ago, Bob32 said:

Quite a few actually. So far the only employer I didn't need to take the test for is the hospital network I currently work for.

Ooooh actually. The only time I had to take "personality tests" for jobs was back when I was working retail in college. :lol: Supposedly those weed out people who show up late and steal. I'm curious, do they also ask for things like marital status, if you have children, and your specific age? 

INTP.

For being one of the "rarest" types, this forum truly is full of INTPs.

INTP,yep that's me alright.

INTP

Diamond Ace of Hearts

INFP-T The Mediator

Mediator personalities are true idealists, always looking for the hint of good in even the worst of people and events, searching for ways to make things better. While they may be perceived as calm, reserved, or even shy, Mediators have an inner flame and passion that can truly shine. Comprising just 4% of the population, the risk of feeling misunderstood is unfortunately high for the Mediator personality type – but when they find like-minded people to spend their time with, the harmony they feel will be a fountain of joy and inspiration.

Being a part of the Diplomat Role group, Mediators are guided by their principles, rather than by logic (Analysts), excitement (Explorers), or practicality (Sentinels). When deciding how to move forward, they will look to honor, beauty, morality and virtue – Mediators are led by the purity of their intent, not rewards and punishments. People who share the Mediator personality type are proud of this quality, and rightly so, but not everyone understands the drive behind these feelings, and it can lead to isolation.

Daaamn. I answered the questions as honestly as I could but that sounds like my idealised version of me, not actually me. Or maybe it's me sans imposter syndrome.

I recognise a lot of myself in the "weaknesses" of the mediator personality, but from my reading of it, that sort of view of the self is a trait of the mediator, so I guess it fits.

INTJ- A Is my most common test result.

It is fairly accurate, though my I/E and A/T are at 50% so they sometimes change depending on my bipolar affected mood. 

INTJ-A, which I already knew but retook the test anyway. What's actually rather interesting about this poll is just how disproportionately represented the introverted-intuitive folks are. The types that begin with IN are each estimated to be 5% or less of the population.

20 hours ago, Tofu God said:

INTJ- A Is my most common test result.

Why am I not surprised? Will you be my queerplatonic arch nemesis?

3 minutes ago, Xenobot said:

INTJ-A, which I already knew but retook the test anyway. What's actually rather interesting about this poll is just how disproportionately represented the introverted-intuitive folks are. The types that begin with IN are each estimated to be 5% or less of the population.

Why am I not surprised? Will you be my queerplatonic arch nemesis?

Sure, I have many rivals. You can join them :twisted:

“THE MEDIATOR” (INFP-T)

That's what I got. I am also turbulent, non-assertive (which I agree is accurate).

Yep. This test is pretty accurate :D 

Divide By Zero

This is very timely and relevant for me. At work, we have access to online training courses and I'm currently taking a course on personality types and the impact on work, such as communication, working relationships, etc. I've gone to several sites on the Internet to take free MBTI tests, including 16 Personalities. On most of the tests I scored ISTJ but on a few I scored INTJ. Each dimension is a sliding scale and some tests show where you land on the scale. For the I, T, and J, I scored around 70% so there's no doubt about those ones (and I definitely identify with being I, T, and J). For S vs N, though, I usually scored just over 50% and I identify with both, although maybe a little more with S than N. When I read the descriptions for ISTJ, it definitely sounds like me, but when I read the descriptions for INTJ, it also sounds a lot like me. It's interesting how the different dimensions are not black and white but are more of a scale and sometimes people will be in the middle and sometimes at one end or the other (this is a point that's been emphasized a lot in the course - people don't often neatly fit into one single box).

Divide By Zero

I forgot to mention that I recently read the book Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain. If you find the subject of personalities interesting, I'm sure you'll enjoy reading the book.

INTJ -- everything I've seen related to this personality type has been spookily accurate in describing me. It's nice to see "IN" personality types so disproportionately represented here (when compared to larger society)! :D

I, also, agree with @Mr E on Susan Cain's book - super interesting read. There's also a TEDtalk pertaining to the material from this book from a few years back: https://www.ted.com/talks/susan_cain_the_power_of_introverts

• 3 weeks later...
SamwiseLovesLife

It's very interesting to me how the vast majority are Introverts! I got a major on the E element of my ENFJ :)

On 5.02.2017 at 8:44 PM, Starscream said:

I've taken this test so many times, got different results (INTP, INFP, INFJ, INTJ). I'm starting to think it all depends on how I'm feeling at a certain point in my life. At least I got Introversion and Intuition down. 

INxJ / INxP :ph34r:

ME too. First time I got ENFP later IFSJ and right now I have INFP.  I think that te last one is accurate right now 

I got Defender (ISFJ-T). Pretty accurate, although I don't have "robust social relationships". In fact, I have no social relationships, robust or otherwise.

On 3/19/2017 at 5:46 AM, mari123 said:

ME too. First time I got ENFP later IFSJ and right now I have INFP.  I think that te last one is accurate right now 

I got bored today so I took some different quizzes (from Similar Minds, Human Metrics, Celebrity Types, etc). Apparently now I'm an ISTP, who wants to be an ESTP, with Enneagram 549. Hahaha!! Ok. I guess I can see it. :P

I forget which test it was, but one of them made me feel like a heartless bitch because I got 100% Thinking and 0% Feeling. :lol:
dragon_nerd

I like how only 3% of people are supposed to be INTP but 20.16% selected it (at the time of this post). 

• 2 months later...
J. van Deijck

I'm an INTJ/INFJ hybrid it seems, most tests say Turbulent, no idea why.

Screenshot_20170607-125545.png

Screenshot_20170607-132215.png

Screenshot_20170607-132239.png

Archived