Myers–Briggs Personalities! (also known as 16 presonalities)

TheCatBehind

All about the MBTI  

227 members have voted

1. 1. What is your personality "type"?

• INTJ
    • INTP
    • ENTJ
    • ENTP
    • INFJ
    • INFP
    • ENFJ
    • ENFP
    • ISTJ
    • ISFJ
    • ESTJ
    • ESFJ
    • ISTP
    • ISFP
    • ESTP
    • ESFP
  2. 2. Assertive or Turbulent?

• Assertive
    • Turbulent
  3. 3. Do you feel like it was accurate? (1-5, where 1 is not accurate at all and 5 is incredibly accurate)

• 5 - Freakishly so!
    • 4 - Really accurate, yeah.
    • 3 - Yeah, kinda.
    • 2 - Not exactly...
    • 1 - Not at all.
  4. 4. ARE YOU OBSESSED???????

• YES!!!!!!!
    • No.
    • You're scaring me...
    • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • New to this.

This poll is closed to new votes

Ever since I took the test on 16Personalities (and it was really accurate and it still baffles me) I kinda became obsessed with this stuff. So it got me wondering: how do the folks of AVEN pan out across the types?

If you haven't taken the test, this link takes you directly to their home page, from there you can easily find the test. It will take a bit of your time though.

I'm an ISFP-A "The Adventurer" and, like I said, it was really accurate.

What's your "type"?

Do you think this test was accurate? If not, in what regard is it not?

ARE YOU ALSO OBSESSED WITH THIS STUFF?

*I should stress that all of your results should be taken with a pinch of salt. None of this should be considered as absolute truth.

NerotheReaper

INTJ right here, it was spot on like perfectly. 

Kind of interesting I share the same personality as Moriarty :o   

I'm always INTJ-A (Perceiver) in these tests. Took it again and received the same result. c:

I'm ISFJ-T, I'm a defender. :D

And it's very accurate though.

1 hour ago, CBC said:

There are approximately 2,387 existing threads on this topic, but I'm lazy so you'll have to find 'em yourself.

I'm likely INTP. I've tested as several other things over the years (mostly INTJ and sometimes INFP, rarely ISTJ), but if you get fully into the theories behind it, like Jungian cognitive functions and stuff, you can usually figure out your type more clearly. But yeah, I'm fairly certain I'm INTP. (And the turbulent/assertive thing is just some nonsense that one particular online test -- 16 Personalities -- tacks on to their formula, and it has nothing to do with MBTI whatsoever.)

None of this is real science though, and it's not recognised as having any true validity in psychology. It's best taken with a grain of salt. Fun and interesting, but not something to take too seriously. That said, I've been interested in personality analysis for many years. Borrowed my first book on MBTI from the public library when I was about eight or nine haha.

Guess my quick search was too quick, oh well... OTL

I like it a lot cause it got me really spot on and it's fun to read about, but yeah, I should stress that this is not to take as absolute... gotta edit that post yo!

What does assertive or turbulant mean? like what does that have to do with mbpt?

I've taken this test multiple times and I'm either an ESFP or an ENFP.  When I took the official Myers Briggs test in high school I was an INFP.  One year later I was an INFJ.  I feel like ESFP or ENFP fit me the the best however.

7 minutes ago, Vicky Angel said:

What does assertive or turbulant mean? like what does that have to do with mbpt?

It's a classification that comes secondary to the main MBTI types, I believe. There's a page describing it here.

INFJ-T every single time =P Not all of it matches perfectly, but it sounded accurate enough that I got concerned for a few minutes, haha.

Mine actually changed since the last time I took it, which makes sense since I've changed a lot since then. I'm INFJ-A now, apparently.

Perissodactyla

If you take this test at different points in your life, you MAY find that you get a different type for yourself.

Bear in mind always that we are social beings and our 'typology' is strongly influenced by how we interact within a social structure such as relationships, a family, a group, a community, an institution.

In Other Words.... each of us do not reaaaallly have a type that is wholly independent our of preferred social structure (which is part of us!). ha

The first time I took this test, I was INTJ, when I was in a relationship with a highly introverted goal-oriented person.

Later I took it and retook it periodically and now Know that I am for myself an ENFP type.

My point is that each of us is highly influenced by our social interactions. And if you happen to be very influenced by OTHERS, then maybe your OWN type 'might' be different than what the test tells you.

As someone has said, this topic of personality type DISCUSSION THREAD comes up very very very VERY frequently on AVEN, so if you're really into the revelation that it brings to you personally... please search on what has been said about this.

Overall, it appears that AVENites claim to be mostly variations of INTROVERTED. .. ... .... which is what I take away from the typology as it's relevant to asexualities/AVEN.

But if you really find this method of self-description interesting/enlightening (which it IS!), then I highly recommend that you study astrology through an online course. Astrology is a thousand times more developed thant Myers-Briggs.  MB gives you 4 binary-pairs.

Astrology gives you 12x12x12 combinations. So do the math, Aces! <3.141592653589793238462643...

Mychemicalqpr

Supposedly your type does not change, but rather how you use it might change as you develop or as situations change.  It's common for the tertiary and inferior functions to become better developed as you mature, and then you might become more conscious of those functions than you were before, which can seem like changing type. 

Now that I've found sources to explain the functions and how it actually works, yeah, I'm in a phase of obsession.  

@euco Agreed about astrology being more detailed and individualized.    

3 minutes ago, twilightstarr said:

Supposedly your type does not change, but rather how you use it might change as you develop or as situations change.  It's common for the tertiary and inferior functions to become better developed as you mature, and then you might become more conscious of those functions than you were before, which can seem like changing type. 

Now that I've found sources to explain the functions and how it actually works, yeah, I'm in a phase of obsession.  

@euco Agreed about astrology being more detailed and individualized.    

This describes me quite well. Even though I'm an INTJ, sometimes I'm able to masquerade as an INFJ if the situation requires - for instance, if someone needs emotional support. But all the while, it's just a mask. I'm simply reiterating what I've learned about how to behave in certain situations that an INTJ would otherwise bungle. Moreover, I might not be able to actually emphasize with someone as much as I'm expressing to them in the situation; I might not be able to fully grasp what they're feeling. I can't really sense other peoples' feelings like other types can. However, I can understand why the person is upset, and how this causes them to react the way they are. That, in turn, allows me to lend support. But I'm still INTJ.

Perissodactyla

It's very useful to consider what MBTI is used for in practice.

It's very often used to understand how one relates to others that have often quite different MTBI values.

I first became of aware of MBTI when I was a political activist. Someone recommended a book called "PLease Understand Me" which applied MBTI to helping people understand both Themselves and their Audience.

If you're an INTJ trying to get a point across, chances are you will fail, until you take into account what your audience's type is.

That's the topic of that book.

A lot of people including aces assume that everyone understand reality similar to how they do, when in fact this is totally wrong in most cases. On AVEN probably people are more similar to you than in other social settings. But if you want to try to dialogue with people who are really outside your comfort zone of processing reality, then it's very useful to develop your compassion by considering the other possible MBTI types that your audience could well be described as.

This is what MBTI is FOR. It's used in the work place in team dynamics, and it's fun to find out what your co-workers MTBI type is!

It's almost always NOT surprising! LOL!

And this realization within a work or other social dynamic team brings a lot of humor, and also acceptance of each person's way. :)

I've done the test 3 times. Twice I was INFP-T, once INTP-T. So probably INFP

The test tells me I'm a Debater or an ENTP-A. I just read Debater and I didn't think it really fit but I read the explanation (after voting above) and I realized it does fit me pretty well. Maybe not an exact fit but still super accurate. It's cool

MBTI, also known as the non-scientific personality test, which somehow is still popular and has no support in academic circles. At least doing these tests can sometimes be fun and they're better than horoscopes:P. But maybe if we'd start to use proper tests?

I'm an INFP-T

• 3 weeks later...

INTP and i'M FREAKING OBSESSED WITH THIS MBTI THING. I'VE ALREADY BEEN ON IT FOR 2 YEARS HAHAAHA and it maY BE MY RELIGION hahahaha. it's really spot on for me. :) Though of course, i know that this is not based on scientific studies or anything,

I am an archetypal INFP.  Although apparently in recent times I have become more rational. I am passionate about introspection. I analyze my feelings and the feelings of others constantly.

I have always gotten INTP, when I've taken it before, and it seems accurate... but what was that turbulent/assertive thing about? Is there also a test for that, or should the results of the personality test show those tendencies as well? (I didn't re-take that test, I feel like I've taken it before, but should I? :o ) I picked "assertive" out of wishful thinking, but "turbulent" kind of sounds like me as well...

EDIT: I took it, got INTP again, but apparently I'm 60% turbulent. oops.

Blueberry Pie

I'm INFJ-A. It's pretty darn accurate! A lot of my friends are in the "Diplomat" class too, including my brother. I really like to to look around the 16 Personalities site and read about all the different types.

I've taken this test so many times, got different results (INTP, INFP, INFJ, INTJ). I'm starting to think it all depends on how I'm feeling at a certain point in my life. At least I got Introversion and Intuition down. 

INxJ / INxP :ph34r:

I got the Virtuoso or ISTP-T. I'm still reading through it, I'm sure I've taken it before but I don't remember the results. I don't like agree/disagree tests they're not the best gauge. Or when doctors ask you to rate your pain on a scale of 1 to 10...

In that one personality test with people getting assigned colors, I was always a green.

Archived