Myers–Briggs Personalities! (also known as 16 presonalities)

TheCatBehind

All about the MBTI  

227 members have voted

1. 1. What is your personality "type"?

• INTJ
    • INTP
    • ENTJ
    • ENTP
    • INFJ
    • INFP
    • ENFJ
    • ENFP
    • ISTJ
    • ISFJ
    • ESTJ
    • ESFJ
    • ISTP
    • ISFP
    • ESTP
    • ESFP
  2. 2. Assertive or Turbulent?

• Assertive
    • Turbulent
  3. 3. Do you feel like it was accurate? (1-5, where 1 is not accurate at all and 5 is incredibly accurate)

• 5 - Freakishly so!
    • 4 - Really accurate, yeah.
    • 3 - Yeah, kinda.
    • 2 - Not exactly...
    • 1 - Not at all.
  4. 4. ARE YOU OBSESSED???????

• YES!!!!!!!
    • No.
    • You're scaring me...
    • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • New to this.

This poll is closed to new votes

Diamond Ace of Hearts
3 hours ago, sea-lemon said:

Screenshot_20170607-125545.png

Hide contents

Screenshot_20170607-132215.png

Screenshot_20170607-132239.png

that looks a lot like my result, though you're even more turbulent than me, which I didn't think was possible, and less introverted, which was practically certain.

Your Results

infj.png

84% Introverted
64% Intuitive
80% Feeling
56% Judging
51% Turbulent
  • 6 months later...

INFJs are supposed to be one percent of the population, but I meet them EVERYWHERE. Harumph! I'm starting to feel like I'm not so special :mad: 

Interesting though, that INFJs are a whopping 14 percent of the people who took this poll! I wonder what that means...

I'm ISFJ-T. I agree with this to an extent, I kind of see where it's coming from. I totally agree with some of the strengths e.g. being reliable and patient and supportive, and even some of the weaknesses like being shy and humble (to an extent), repressing feelings, and being overloading with work. However, one is being reluctant to change, I love change, so that doesn't really suit me, per se. 

The romantic relationship section made me laugh, as it's a bit too accurate for my liking "the trouble is, these are the benefits of an established long-term relationship, and Defenders’ unbearable shyness means it can take a long time to reach this point ... Relationships built on established familiarity are a warm prospect for Defenders – they take dating seriously and only enter into relationships that have a real chance of lasting a lifetime."

It might be important to note that the psychological community as a whole is largely moving away from the Myers-Briggs test. Human personality is largely fluid, and multi-faceted that personality tests don't really tell us much more than a "palm reading" or any other form of the good chance guess.
That being said, it's a little fun.
I still read my horoscope sometimes, just for fun.

Uh huh, this my shit.

Peep my type in my signature. I've been a personality typology enthusiast for roughly 5 years now. People shit on MBTI (despite at least 2/4 letters having direct correlations to Big 5, which is scientifically valid...), but I find it to be quite accurate in describing my own cognition.

I appreciate Big 5 and other supported trait theories, but to me, type theories like MBTI and Enneagram are far more applicable for understanding oneself: it's way easier to say "I'm an introvert, so I generally think like ___" than to reason through "I'm 61% introverted, so 61% of the time I think like ___". In my opinion, typology is best used as a means for introspection and personal discovery. Those who use it for important things like job interviews and whatnot are wholly misled. However, there is much to be gained from MBTI, etc. as a tool for understanding styles of cognition and paths to personal growth, and I think the scientific community is too quick to entirely invalidate it.

/rant

somethingartsy
15 hours ago, Pramana said:

I'm still trying to determine why this topic is so popular on the Internet.

Me too. Still fun though

I've been into MBTI for years, but I can't accurately type myself. I've studied the functions thoroughly, and I can type others perfectly fine, but when it comes to myself, I'm clueless. I think I'm ISFJ, but honestly, I don't know anymore. I've considered myself so many types these past 4 years, I don't know what I am anymore. I sort of took a step back from MBTI about a year ago because I was getting frustrated not being able to type myself, and it was making my mental health worse. I'll stick with ISFJ for now, though. 

• 4 weeks later...

I've done this test 3 times on different sites now and I always get the Architect INTJ-T (not sure if that's a good thing, especially considering it's the same as Putin and Littlefinger, but at least I'm consistent?) Tbh I know people don't like the test, but I think INTJ describes me extremely well, whereas I haven't seen another personality type that seems right for me? And I suppose I should be 'proud' of being one of 0.8% of the population.

edit: Just noticed that one of my weaknesses is 'clueless in romance', thought that was especially fitting xD

On 12/12/2017 at 12:58 PM, OldSoul said:

It might be important to note that the psychological community as a whole is largely moving away from the Myers-Briggs test. Human personality is largely fluid, and multi-faceted that personality tests don't really tell us much more than a "palm reading" or any other form of the good chance guess.
That being said, it's a little fun.
I still read my horoscope sometimes, just for fun.

I agree with that to some extent, but I wouldn't go as far as saying that Myers-Briggs is like palm reading or a horoscope. My Meyers-Briggs result is quite to really accurate and has been fairly stable over the years. I don't think personality is as fluid as suggested in some parts of modern psychology either. There are a lot of things that can influence personality, including biochemicals and brain conditions, but that doesn't mean that personality as a concept that offers longer term tendencies and characteristics in a person is not valid. I think as per usual, the truth will be somewhere in the middle.

Having said all this, it's easy to either read too much into the Meyers-Briggs test and to assign qualities to the result that make it more horoscope like, but then it's no longer the Meyers-Briggs test. Some of the tests on some of the websites are like that.

ENFJ! :) 

I personally feel it was pretty Spot on..  but best used as a guide rather than a definitive exclusive reference.    

I believe we are all capable of growing past any preset patterns and conditions through experience.. As we have free will.

13 hours ago, thora said:

I've done this test 3 times on different sites now and I always get the Architect INTJ-T (not sure if that's a good thing, especially considering it's the same as Putin and Littlefinger, but at least I'm consistent?) 

I got infj and googling the list of some people, the list included someone far worse than those (Hitler)

But also the list for infj also included jesus, mahatma Gandhi, martin Luther king, nelson Mandela as well as one of my favourite musicians, sufjan stevens so these can be mixed so there are those that use it good and those who use it for very very bad.

INTP

Interesting how all the IN-- types are the most common types here

INTP-T but was 46% extraverted ^^

• 2 weeks later...

@Maks9090

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived