• Announcements

• Kisa the Cat

World Watch Archiving Project

Hello everyone, Please read this thread before posting to World Watch Thank you.
    • Kisa the Cat

Avenues May/June   05/09/17

Hello AVENites! The newest edition of AVENues is now ready! Our theme this time was "ace connections".  May/June
scarletlatitude

Little Mentions 2017

10 posts in this topic

This thread is for any ace related stories that might not deserve their own thread. 

1 person likes this

It is not from 2017 but I was watching a Mock the Week rerun and was surprised to discover a joke as regards asexuality on season 6 episode 9. Don't think it was really that helpful for asexuality representation though.

1 person likes this

This is an unusual statement in Danish from a male who has not had sex for 10 years due to a cancer operation.

He feels like a pressure has been taken off him, he has gained personal development, and it has improved his relations to especially women. Instead of destroying his life, he actually think his life is better now, and he has written a book about it - I'm curious to read it :cake: and see if it relates to asexuality.

http://livsstil.tv2.dk/sundhed/2017-04-06-har-ikke-haft-sex-i-10-aar-det-lettede

1 person likes this

The word "asexuals" is used in a Danish online paper. The title translated is "Why don't you see old people making out in public?"

The author is writing about how society tends to hide away older peoples sexuality and states that "Ældre mennesker er ikke aseksuelle, (...)" ie. older people are not per default asexual .

http://politiken.dk/debat/arkiv_debattoerer/graugaard/art5399826/Hvorfor-ser-man-aldrig-gamle-mennesker-snave-i-det-offentlige-rum

1 person likes this