I think I'm not asexual

I've been thinking about it for a long time. First I was considered myself as aro, then sex repulsed, finally gray A but now I think I'm rather sexual than asexual. I realized I don't like modern sex expression, its presence in culture and they way they use to say about it. Maybe it's a reason I use to have crushes on historical figures. So I think I can be sexual who is fed up with nowadays sexual culture.

NerotheReaper

Are you saying you have more of that 'classic' preference? As in you think the way society does sex and romance now is silly, like in the old days there was a lot of class to things.

If that is what you're saying I agree, I think the way sex and relationships work/the rules these days aren't tasteful. 

On 1/14/2017 at 10:02 PM, Hayley_me said:

So I think I can be sexual who is fed up with nowadays sexual culture.

Not that this'd help you to make up your mind if you're an Ace or not, but just wanted to say I identify as gray-A (at least for now) and definitely feel the same way...

On 1/14/2017 at 11:17 PM, CBC said:

There are plenty of sexual people who feel the same way.

That makes me wonder why things then keep going the same way... Because powers that be that control the media etc. want to keep it that way...?

It's totally fine to identify as ace and then realize you're not. As far as not liking the way sex is represented or talked about openly, I think that's pretty understandable and makes sense why you would think you're asexual.

i think one of the most important things that can come from asexual awareness it opening up the discussion that people can be in relationships that are not focused around sex, controlled by religious values, or part of someones coming of age story.  sex used to be a taboo topic and now it is embraced which i think is wonderful!  I would love to see that level of acceptance and pride extend to all faucets of the spectrum.  regardless of whether someone is allo or ace, i think having the ability to voice what suits you best, without expectations, is an incredibly healthy concept.

Archived