What is physical attraction?

What exactly is physical attraction? I hear a lot of different forms of attraction, often times I get them confused with each other or feel they are synonymous of each other; but I take it that isn't so. So, I'm thinking it's what it sounds like. . . Attraction toward. . . a person's physical appearance? Or is it more than this? It perplexes me because I feel it's closely related to sexual attraction, but if it is not, then I would presume it leans toward aesthetic attraction. . . See, now I'm confused! What is the difference? 

NerotheReaper

I think it is basically being attracted to someone's appearance, you might not want to have sex with them. Some celebrities I think are attractive but I don't want to have sex with them maybe just a hug from them. 

I think it is a bit like magnetism! It is like your bodies are being dragged towards eachother. Sometimes, if the moment is rigth and you are also atrracted to their personality, then the mere touch of skin can feel magical!  If both are, in that mental place, then maybe step by step leads to mindblowing sex, where you connect to your primal instincts, the meaning of the universe and true love flows through your connected bodies!

...or atleast a bit like magnets! 

Mychemicalqpr

I used to use physical attraction as a synonym for sexual attraction when I was so sex-repulsed I went out of my way to avoid the syllable. For people who have sexual and aesthetic attraction usually overlap, they would probably use "physical attraction" for that, if they don't just call it sexual. 

4 minutes ago, MrDane said:

I think it is a bit like magnetism! It is like your bodies are being dragged towards eachother. Sometimes, if the moment is rigth and you are also atrracted to their personality, then the mere touch of skin can feel magical!  If both are, in that mental place, then maybe step by step leads to mindblowing sex, where you connect to your primal instincts, the meaning of the universe and true love flows through your connected bodies!

...or atleast a bit like magnets! 

All I can say is, "wow." o.o *heart eyes* 

I assume that when sexual people get aroused to someone else, their are just subconsciously dragged to the other person. Just like someone who has not eaten the whole day will be dragged to the buffet table.