What would you call me?

Arztwolf

I was born biologicaly female, but have thought of myself as male since I can remember. I can't have any kind of trans surgery due to health issues, so am stuck with my body.

I'm romantically attracted to effeminant, gay, men and identify as a gay male, if that makes any sense.

I'm ok with "touching", but dont want anything else.

Is there even a term for this?

scarletlatitude

Hmm... you do sound non binary for sure. Have you consulted AVEN's lists of orientations? I have the links in my signature. Whatever label you choose is completely up to you. All are welcome on AVEN. :)

Arztwolf, there are terms for it!  You might self-report as homoromantic, sensual asexual man, and trans but medically limited in transition options.  A bit off on a tangent, we hope you've found a supportive doctor and discussed HRT with them, because for many of us it's a much more important measure than any surgery. 

Scarletlatitude, how does the OP sound nonbinary?  From the OP, he comes across as a man, at least to us, and at time of this reply, the gender & pronouns info under his username support this.  Were those data different earlier? 

We can't speak for the OP, but it is very important to us that we feel supported in our conviction that being trans is a birth defect, an expression of sex diversity rather than gender diversity, and does not make us nonbinary by default.  If he doesn't show sign of being genderfluid, on the agender spectrum, of some third gender off the masculine-feminine axes, bigender/polygender/etc. or any other wonderful expression of gender diversity, then classifying him as nonbinary purely on basis of his alleged plumbing not matching his wiring is actively promoting the notion that his self-reported experience of gender is not the sole authority on what his gender is.  IOW, we make a point of keeping sex out of people's gender unless they specifically indicate that they want it involved. 

• 1 month later...

My name is Ben and I'm 18 from the Lehigh Valley in PA. Lately I have been examining my gender identity with scrutiny. I've always accepted the term "he" when I was talked about, never really questioning what other people made me out to be. But as I examined myself I realized I've never really seen myself as anything but a person. I am Ben and that's no doubt, but I look at myself and I don't see myself ever matching either gender roles. I used to believe gender was a social construct with gender roles being nothing but sexist. But I don't fit in any category and as I look at being agender and as I look at "they/their" pronouns it feels kind of right. And going into the men's bathroom doesn't feel right. And while using the women's has even liberating it isn't right. Being called a boyfriend doesn't feel right. I'm very confused if anyone could please reply it would be much appreciated 

Archived