The Anti Hot Box thread/club/whatever (Is this the right forum for it?)

Guest And Peggy

Guest And Peggy

I have been spending a crapton of time in The Box That Must Not Be Named lately and I do not like it. I posted a topic with an unpopular opinion and people keep arguing with me and it's annoying and I regret it. I have decided to abstain from said box until it becomes more civil/less annoying (if it ever does) 

Sometimes I feel like ranting about it and there's probably some other AVENites who feel that way too.

(But remember, this is an ANTI The Box That Shall Not Be Named thread, so keep it civil)

(Mods, move this thread if it fits better in another forum)

I agree

Saw some posts stating they don't like terms for people who fit in the inbetween spaces between broad terms.  As a demiromantic I like that there is a term for my romantic identity.

#coldbox

Im fine with like debating stuff, even stuff that's important to me. like I'd totally debate what's a more viable system, communism vs. capitalism (fyi im a HARDCORE anarchocommunist but thats something that id be willing to hear the other side's view on) 

but i absolutely refuse to debate stuff in which the other side straight up invalidates my or someone's identity. like i've seen entire threads of cis people saying that nonbinary genders aren't real. that's not a point of view i'm willing to even consider because I am nonbinary. 

I'll leave yall this

Facebook-ae84ff.png

Having an opinion on the internet requires too much energy. It's really not worth it. 

#lazybox

I've been in HB a couple times, but I've since sworn off it. There were too many confrontational posts for me. Too many ring-around-the-rosie arguments that went nowhere, and random posts that people made just so they could post in the thread - posts didn't take the subject matter seriously (or were flat-out offensive), nor sometimes even responded to the topic at all. I don't think those kind of posts should happen in a subforum that promotes discussion of "hot box"-esque topics, so... Yeah. No Hot Box for me. Sometimes there are educational posts in HB and I learn a thing or two, but it's gotten to the point where entering a thread feels like jumping out of an airplane without knowing if one's parachute will work.

Anthracite_Impreza

Well I mean... that is what the hot box is for...

Guest And Peggy
9 minutes ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

Well I mean... that is what the hot box is for...

Yeah, and we don't like it. That's what this thread/club/whatever is about:P 

All meaningful conflicts are irresolvable. It's a fact.

The corollary is that either you enter into a conflict with the intention of having it last forever, or you don't enter into that conflict at all. Both are valid choices.

Extricating yourself from a conflict in which you're already stuck can be done, but it takes roughly the energy of a supernova, which nobody has on a personal level. I therefore consider it impossible by any means except death from old age.

This episode of The Bubblegum Philosopher has been brought to you by serendipity.

if you would like to hold a sword, understand that the simple action of doing so will get you wounded. own your opinions. or don't, but then don't complain about your nose getting bloodied after asking others to give you their best punch.

10 minutes ago, gisiebob said:

if you would like to hold a sword, understand that the simple action of doing so will get you wounded. own your options. or don't, but then don't complain about your nose getting bloodied after asking others to give you their best punch.

Pretty much what I said in my more abstract and less evocative words.

I've only looked in "that place" a few times, and every time after I had to watch cute videos of animals on YouTube so I wouldn't get too mad :lol: I've learned my lesson.

Honestly, trying to have an orderly argument on the Internet, esp. on the subsection of a forum, is almost always an exercise in futility. Sure, some people will post reasoned arguments and keep their emotions under control. However, in the end, some people will believe what they want to believe, and some random person on the Internet will not change their mind. Add in the fact that relative anonymity enables bad behavior and it's a recipe for disaster. Not to mention that the topic of asexuality itself is a magnet for controversy sometimes. Enter "The Box" at your own peril.

So what is the general topic of discussion on this thread?

Hmm, I'm not quite sure if this thread is about what I think it's about, and I have as of yet not much experience with the "Hot Box" area, but...

...By the experience I do have, I found it very annoying that in a thread I participated ("Will society ever stop being hypersexual?"), there were instantly some non-asexuals coming to claim my comments were somehow "elitist" (?!), and that opinions like that make sexulas feel unwelcome in this forum... I mean, WTF? This happens to be an asexual forum (including greys), and those who don't like it are free to stay away, aren't they?! There's probably no other forum existing where the views of those who the forum is actually for are allowed to be looked down on and harshly criticised, although the forum does exist (among other things) to celebrate and defend said group's points of view, doesn't it...? (This is not exclusive to Hot Box, though...)

1. Travel back in time to 1942 United States.

2. Buy some Real Spam.

3. Travel forward in time to the present day.

4. Sell the Real Spam instead of the Shitty Spam we have had since the 1950s.

5. Retire to a private island on the proceeds of your sales.

6. Keep coming back to AVEN regularly. Rich people can be asexual too!

Luftschlosseule

In the Hot Box I had the kind of feeling that loads of users are.. don't know if this translates well: I have my opinion, don't irritate me with facts!
(Ich habe meine Meinung. Bitte verwirren Sie mich nicht mit Tatsachen!)

I've seen some posts arguing that JFF should be removed, but in my opinion literally nothing of value would be lost if Hot Box went away.

53 minutes ago, Still said:

I've seen some posts arguing that JFF should be removed, but in my opinion literally nothing of value would be lost if Hot Box went away.

hot box is a containment board

if you got rid of it all of its shit would spread everywhere else

Archived