HELP NEEDED PLEASE #2

Cory aleksanda

Cory aleksanda

I am transgender and I have only just came out I would appreciate it if other people who are trans could reach out to me so that i could get some advice/help about some things thanks Cory

*many hugs Cory*

I'm sorry you're having trouble. I don't consider myself trans (I'm genderfluid, and sometimes I use the label genderqueer, but I don't tend to feel like trans is the right word for me). So I may not be in a good place to help you, but I hope others come here who can. If you feel comfortable letting us know a bit more about what you need help with, perhaps the right people will find it easier to find you? Only if you're comfortable, of course. And if you think I may be able to help, then please feel free to PM me, my inbox is always open.

:cake:

Cory aleksanda
9 hours ago, Heart said:

*many hugs Cory*

I'm sorry you're having trouble. I don't consider myself trans (I'm genderfluid, and sometimes I use the label genderqueer, but I don't tend to feel like trans is the right word for me). So I may not be in a good place to help you, but I hope others come here who can. If you feel comfortable letting us know a bit more about what you need help with, perhaps the right people will find it easier to find you? Only if you're comfortable, of course. And if you think I may be able to help, then please feel free to PM me, my inbox is always open.

:cake:

Thanks *huge hugs* I just need help on some queries I'm having for when I do go thru with the surgery like how long is testosterone,  would i be able to start testosterone at 16 and some questions about testosterone and thanks I sure will message you if I need anything else

38 minutes ago, Agenderbitchass said:

Thanks *huge hugs* I just need help on some queries I'm having for when I do go thru with the surgery like how long is testosterone,  would i be able to start testosterone at 16 and some questions about testosterone and thanks I sure will message you if I need anything else

That's going to be very dependent on where you live. 

Cory aleksanda
37 minutes ago, Simowl said:

That's going to be very dependent on where you live. 

Uk

49 minutes ago, Agenderbitchass said:

Uk

(Speaking about England here, Scotland and Wales are different, not too sure about Northern Ireland)

You can't be on T at 16(or under 18)  in the UK (except Scotland, I think?) unless you've been on hormone blockers for a year. This is a good blog with information regarding transitioning in the UK, which, unfortunately has very long waiting lists. Here's how you would transition on the NHS (if you have the money, you can go private, but I think you'd have to wait till you're 18), but I'm not sure what would be the best way as you're 16...

There's Tavistock and Portman, the clinic for young people, and that's generally the best place I think to be referred to if you're 16 (waiting list is around 9 months I think), and when you turn 18 you'd have to transfer to an adult clinic.

Nottingham also allow referrals from the age of 16 who will be 17 at the time of their appointment, but their waiting list is 18-24 months.

A lot of information here, hope it doesn't overwhelm you haha.

Cory aleksanda
1 hour ago, Simowl said:

(Speaking about England here, Scotland and Wales are different, not too sure about Northern Ireland)

You can't be on T at 16(or under 18)  in the UK (except Scotland, I think?) unless you've been on hormone blockers for a year. This is a good blog with information regarding transitioning in the UK, which, unfortunately has very long waiting lists. Here's how you would transition on the NHS (if you have the money, you can go private, but I think you'd have to wait till you're 18), but I'm not sure what would be the best way as you're 16...

There's Tavistock and Portman, the clinic for young people, and that's generally the best place I think to be referred to if you're 16 (waiting list is around 9 months I think), and when you turn 18 you'd have to transfer to an adult clinic.

Nottingham also allow referrals from the age of 16 who will be 17 at the time of their appointment, but their waiting list is 18-24 months.

A lot of information here, hope it doesn't overwhelm you haha.

Haha I'm 15 in 2 months that's the only issue hah 

1 minute ago, Agenderbitchass said:

Haha I'm 15 in 2 months that's the only issue hah 

Ah, sorry, thought you were 16. In that case, you'd have to go through Tavistock and Portman. After the waiting list and probably another 6-12 months, you could probably get on hormone blockers at least, then a year of being on them before going on T.

Cory aleksanda
3 minutes ago, Simowl said:

Ah, sorry, thought you were 16. In that case, you'd have to go through Tavistock and Portman. After the waiting list and probably another 6-12 months, you could probably get on hormone blockers at least, then a year of being on them before going on T.

Right so I couldn't talk to my psychologist to see if she could put me on them?

24 minutes ago, Agenderbitchass said:

Right so I couldn't talk to my psychologist to see if she could put me on them?

I think your psychologist needs to be with the NHS, not private. But I think that'd be fine? Most people are referred by their GP but I'm pretty sure CAMHS can do it as well. If they're not experienced with referrals to a GIC then you may want to show them this.

Cory aleksanda
21 minutes ago, Simowl said:

I think your psychologist needs to be with the NHS, not private. But I think that'd be fine? Most people are referred by their GP but I'm pretty sure CAMHS can do it as well. If they're not experienced with referrals to a GIC then you may want to show them this.

Thanks ill try it and see what they say but would i be able t just make a doctors appointment and say I have gender dysphoria and see what they say? And I am with CAHMS

18 minutes ago, Agenderbitchass said:

Thanks ill try it and see what they say but would i be able t just make a doctors appointment and say I have gender dysphoria and see what they say? And I am with CAHMS

Something along those lines, saying you're trans/have gender dysphoria, and saying you want to be referred to a Gender Identity Clinic (Tavistock and Portman). It may take a few appointments as most GP's/psychologists/etc are generally inexperienced with referring people, hopefully won't be the case with you. This could be helpful for them.

Cory aleksanda
35 minutes ago, Simowl said:

Something along those lines, saying you're trans/have gender dysphoria, and saying you want to be referred to a Gender Identity Clinic (Tavistock and Portman). It may take a few appointments as most GP's/psychologists/etc are generally inexperienced with referring people, hopefully won't be the case with you. This could be helpful for them.

Thanks I'll see what she says I guess but would I have to pay for the gender reassignment surgery an top surgery??

4 minutes ago, Agenderbitchass said:

Thanks I'll see what she says I guess but would I have to pay for the gender reassignment surgery an top surgery??

If you stuck with the NHS, no, it'd all be covered.

Cory aleksanda
2 minutes ago, Simowl said:

If you stuck with the NHS, no, it'd all be covered.

What u mean stuck with NHS

7 minutes ago, Agenderbitchass said:

What u mean stuck with NHS

I mean, if you stay with the gender clinic(s), and don't go privately.

Cory aleksanda
13 minutes ago, Simowl said:

I mean, if you stay with the gender clinic(s), and don't go privately.

Oh I'll just do that then but its the assessment that we have t go through at the clinic first

Cory aleksanda

@Simowl I have emailed the tavistock and portman place for more answers thanks for telling me about them they r really helpful :) -feels a bit more happier-

1 minute ago, Agenderbitchass said:

@Simowl I have emailed the tavistock and portman place for more answers thanks for telling me about them they r really helpful :) -feels a bit more happier-

Good idea :) I hope they can help you out.

Cory aleksanda
4 minutes ago, Simowl said:

Good idea :) I hope they can help you out.

They are helping so far and I am getting professional help so that nothing bad happens to me mentally emotionally or physically by a charity called Samaritans xx

I'm so glad things are going well so far. Big hugs, and I hope they continue to be positive!! :cake:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived