Are asexual who divorced a sexual person happier after divorce.

Private

I really felt as if a huge weight was lifted from me after divorcing my sexual ex-husband.

I loved him and respected him and really enjoyed spending time together with him except for the constant sexual tension.

Since the divorce I feel so happy and light.   I was always a very independent person and I lived alone for awhile prior to marrying so being on my own was not a shock and I really find I enjoy it.

It makes me wonder why I simply did not throw the towel in sooner.

I am no longer stressed out about having to have sex. I am no longer having to argue about it. Or not wear comfortable clothing to avoid sparking his interest. I now have a partner who does not expect me to have sex with them. 

So... yes, happier. :D

18 hours ago, Owly McOwlFace said:

I am no longer stressed out about having to have sex. I am no longer having to argue about it. Or not wear comfortable clothing to avoid sparking his interest. I now have a partner who does not expect me to have sex with them. 

So... yes, happier. :D

Hi Owlymcowelface:

I love that screen name.   I have hoot owls living in a tree outside my bedroom window and at night they call to each other.  It's so cute.

I am glad to hear you are happy, too. 

1 hour ago, Just like Jughead said:

I am, but that doesn't mean anyone else would be too

Hi jughead.

That is most likely very true.  I am glad you are happy, though

I enjoyed being married, at least the companion/social aspect of it.  However, the sexual tension ruined both of my marriages.  It was such a center of contention, that my husbands grew very angry and resentful toward me, and even to the point of verbal abuse.  So YES, I am much happier now that I'm single again.  It was also a relief to discover the asexual community and to know the I wasn't alone.:)  

Divorced twice- you would have thought I would have learned the first time. And, yes, much freer without the expectation/dread of having sex hanging there in a relationship. I think on the whole I am getting used to being alone, but happier? I'm not sure. I really liked having another person around, in spite of the expectations.

1 hour ago, Mocha Jo said:

Divorced twice- you would have thought I would have learned the first time. And, yes, much freer without the expectation/dread of having sex hanging there in a relationship. I think on the whole I am getting used to being alone, but happier? I'm not sure. I really liked having another person around, in spite of the expectations.

I can totally understand not wanting another person around after being alone for some time.

I think it really depends on the person and the relationship that they have with their partner. They may not want the divorce but the sexual spouse couldn't handle not having sex or other things.

Archived