• Announcements

• Kisa the Cat

World Watch Archiving Project

Hello everyone, Please read this thread before posting to World Watch Thank you.
    • Kelly

New Moderator needed: Voting   04/27/17

Voting has started. See:   http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/158397-new-moderator-needed-for-announcements-and-qa-co-mod-voting/  
    • Kisa the Cat

Avenues May/June   05/09/17

Hello AVENites! The newest edition of AVENues is now ready! Our theme this time was "ace connections".  May/June
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
allesgut

30 and scared about the future

4 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, this is my first post here. I've just realised at the age of 30 that I am asexual. It's all still very confusing: I had heard about asexuality (vaguely) before but I had dismissed the idea that I could fall within this orientation without properly researching it.

I've recently discovered that my husband of 6 years had been having extramarital affairs. He claims to still love me but he's also in love with a new person who seems to satisfy more of his needs than I could. There's so much pain I can't put into words, also because I don't really feel like there's anyone outside this forum I can talk to about being asexual in a marriage.

Now we're separated and I'm in the process of rebuilding my life from the ground up, albeit with shattered self-confidence.

Thanks for reading...

It may seem dim right now but you will get through it. Being asexual involved with a sexual is difficult. I failed at it more than once and the friends I now in similar relationships make it work by allowing their sexual partner have sex with someone else. I could never do that but it works for them. Just know that you are not alone, 

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, AspieAngel said:

It may seem dim right now but you will get through it. Being asexual involved with a sexual is difficult. I failed at it more than once and the friends I now in similar relationships make it work by allowing their sexual partner have sex with someone else. I could never do that but it works for them. Just know that you are not alone, 

Thanks for your response AspieAngel. I'm trying to take it one day at a time.

It does help to know I'm not alone.

1 person likes this

it's the beginning of your journey to your true self which will attract like-minded and like-hearted individuals... in my experience sexual and asexual has never worked and has been quite painful.....

1 person likes this