Back to AVEN

will123

I re-upped on the site today. I signed up several years ago and lurked but I wasn't able to find my old account.

I'm in my fifties and have never been interested in sex. I've had a lot of female friends over the years, but that's all I was interested in being friends. I've never had any desire to have sex.

Welcome back to AVEN! :cake: I'm glad you decided to sign up again. If you have any clue about your previous account, you can contact an Admin about it. : ) Thanks for your intro! You'll find many people that can relate to you!! I hope you enjoy being a member~

Related image

19 hours ago, kelico said:

Welcome back to AVEN! :cake: I'm glad you decided to sign up again. If you have any clue about your previous account, you can contact an Admin about it. : ) Thanks for your intro! You'll find many people that can relate to you!! I hope you enjoy being a member~

Kelico, I don't think I'm losing much by restarting because I think I just lurked around a bit. I think it was during a hectic time in my life and my visits to the site declined. Not sure how I found out about the site ('08 to '11), but I'm thinking it was a mention in a newspaper.

Thanks folks for the welcome wishes. I've enjoyed reading other members' experiences & glad to find out that feeling asexual is nothing to be upset about.

One more thing, I hope folks aren't bothered by me posting all over. I guess I'm just releasing a lot of pent up feelings that I've kept a lid on over the years. Having a place like this is a wonderful place to put things to "paper" even if nobody reads it ;-) (At least for me).

As I've surfed around AVEN, I've noticed some people are very explicit and descriptive in their identity while others only identify as asexual. Up to this point I've only mentioned that I was asexual as I wasn't quite sure/familiar with some of the terminology.

Well now I feel comfortable expanding on my profile. In this dialogue, I'll add a number corresponding to how I feel about that characteristic/identity. One being weak/low up to 10 being strong/high.

Asexual - 10 (nothing to add)

Aromantic - 1 At times I might entertain thoughts of being friendls with a female, but under very guarded conditions

Autosexual (using a definition here on AVEN):

" A person who is sexually attracted to oneself" 0 - .5 These thoughts may/may have occurred at certain times

"A person who can experience sexual satisfaction mainly through masturbation" 10 As any of you that have read my content are                                  probably well aware.

• 3 months later...

Checking out the archives and I'm pretty sure it was around '05 when I found out about asexuality. I was able to find the link to the article that I had probably read which included the mention of AVEN.

Archived