can u tell me wat queer does

jason geiger

hi guys im sorry for asking a whole bunch of stuff but wat does queer do or attract to as in denoting or relating to a person that does not correspond to the ideas of sex esp hetro norms and if im queer and transgender at the same time can i be gender neutral and can i have sex 

Queer can refer to anything that isn't heterosexual, heteromantic or cisgender. Some people don't like the word because it was used as a slur in the past, but a lot of people (like myself) actively call themselves queer as an identifier, and to take away its power as an insult. It's a personal decision to whether you want to call yourself that or no.

12 minutes ago, ChillaKilla said:

Queer can refer to anything that isn't heterosexual, heteromantic or cisgender. Some people don't like the word because it was used as a slur in the past, but a lot of people (like myself) actively call themselves queer as an identifier, and to take away its power as an insult. It's a personal decision to whether you want to call yourself that or no.

Queer (debatably offensive)  is a person who isn't heterosexual or heteroromantic or cisgender or cissexual or endosex.

"The opposite of straight."

People who aren't hetero-sexual/romantic can also identify as pomo-sexual/romantic as an option bc the negative stigma of queer.

Anyone can have sex, regardless gender.

13 hours ago, AVEN #1 fan said:

Queer (debatably offensive)  is a person who isn't heterosexual or heteroromantic or cisgender or cissexual or endosex.

"The opposite of straight."

People who aren't hetero-sexual/romantic can also identify as pomo-sexual/romantic as an option bc the negative stigma of queer.

Anyone can have sex, regardless gender.

pomosexual??? where did you get that one from?

48 minutes ago, Mystic Maya said:

I never heard of it but it does seem to be an actual word on at least two sources:

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/pomosexual

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/pomosexual

It sounds pretentious and hipster-y IMHO, but that's just me. Not to mention contradictory; why have a label for someone who hates labels?

1 hour ago, ChillaKilla said:

It sounds pretentious and hipster-y IMHO, but that's just me. Not to mention contradictory; why have a label for someone who hates labels?

I don't personally like it also >_<

also yeah, that is contradictory >_>

2 hours ago, Jayce said:

pomosexual??? where did you get that one from?

Some LGBT+ glossary out there,  probably from an Tumblrina.

3 minutes ago, AVEN #1 fan said:

Some LGBT+ glossary out there,  probably from an Tumblrina.

See, what I don't get is you make comments about "tumblrinas" and strange labels, but you also give legitimacy to other unconventional identities like neurogenders and stuff. Where do you draw the line personally? I've noticed this trend and have to ask.

1 minute ago, ChillaKilla said:

See, what I don't get is you make comments about "tumblrinas" and strange labels, but you also give legitimacy to other unconventional identities like neurogenders and stuff. Where do you draw the line personally? I've noticed this trend and have to ask.

Well, first I'm not an SJW, second I don't make labels, I just research on them, third I don't believe in every label invented. *Shrug*

12 minutes ago, AVEN #1 fan said:

Well, first I'm not an SJW, second I don't make labels, I just research on them, third I don't believe in every label invented. *Shrug*

I never called you an SJW. 

Just now, ChillaKilla said:

I never called you an SJW. 

People assume Tumblrinas are SJWs, I just assumed you assumed, I also forgot to mention that I don't have an Tumblr acc to begin with. Lol

11 minutes ago, AVEN #1 fan said:

People assume Tumblrinas are SJWs, I just assumed you assumed, I also forgot to mention that I don't have an Tumblr acc to begin with. Lol

Me either and I get called those all the time.

1 hour ago, AVEN #1 fan said:

Just out of curiosity then: If you claim you don't believe in every label you research, why do you think it's justified to label someone with one of those labels that you say come from a "Tumblrina" ???

I'm curious to find the answer because i don't really understand the reasoning behind the logic of the earlier reaponse you gave me on my previous question.

I get that you don't make the labels, that's one thing but you said the OP could possibly be "pomosexual" i find that strange for someone who dislikes labels if i read you correctly my apologies if i didn't.

OP: Maybe it helps if you would make it a bit clearer but you can be queer and asexual if i understand you correctly

5 minutes ago, Jayce said:

Just out of curiosity then: If you claim you don't believe in every label you research, why do you think it's justified to label someone with one of those labels that you say come from a "Tumblrina" ???

I'm curious to find the answer because i don't really understand the reasoning behind the logic of the earlier reaponse you gave me on my previous question.

I get that you don't make the labels, that's one thing but you said the OP could possibly be "pomosexual" i find that strange for someone who dislikes labels if i read you correctly my apologies if i didn't.

OP: Maybe it helps if you would make it a bit clearer but you can be queer and asexual if i understand you correctly

I found it on a Tumblrina blog, this doesn't mean this word made up there (the word asexual is in many Tumblr related blogs and people are fine with it)

And so I believed it and Googled it to see the veracity of such word, it's on the Wikipedia in a post above.

I'm just a curious person that likes studying human feelings, I'm not trying to be a SJW or doxx anyone.

Tumblrina is a negative word akin to "special snowflake", maybe you have a different meaning for it then?

Tumblrina is a negative word akin to "special snowflake", maybe you have a different meaning for it then?

Idk what's the point of this, but I believe it's someone who's either an SJW or has an highly questionable identity among minorities.

1 minute ago, AVEN #1 fan said:

Idk what's the point of this, but I believe it's someone who's either an SJW or has an highly questionable identity among minorities.

I know, it just seems you're using it to have a less negative meaning. It feels contradictory.

I know, it just seems you're using it to have a less negative meaning. It feels contradictory.

Yeah, forget it.

OP can use queer as synonymous for ace.

Or pomosexual if they don't like fitting label standards.

18 hours ago, ChillaKilla said:

can u give me some histery of queer and why it is a slur and thanks for helping me make decisions in the long run such as being queer

51 minutes ago, jason geiger said:

can u give me some histery of queer and why it is a slur and thanks for helping me make decisions in the long run such as being queer

Do you know how to google?  Feel free to do so rather than make others do your work.

This is a ridiculous thread.  

Just now, Sally said:

Do you know how to google?  Feel free to do so rather than make others do your work.

Dude this is so mean.

51 minutes ago, jason geiger said:

It is used as an LGBT+phobic slur by straight people, bc queer means "weird."

14 minutes ago, Sally said:

Unnecessarily rude, Sally. People come here asking questions all the time.

35 minutes ago, ChillaKilla said:

Unnecessarily rude, Sally. People come here asking questions all the time.

i agree sally needs to have the mods talk to him or her

Just now, jason geiger said:

I I think,  they just need to chill.

39 minutes ago, jason geiger said:

Hold on, I didn't say that. Sally's been here far longer than me or you and that action isn't necessary.

On 1/12/2017 at 2:32 PM, ChillaKilla said:

Hold on, I didn't say that. Sally's been here far longer than me or you and that action isn't necessary.

i understand its that if sally said rude things like "instead of making others do the work" then i need one of the mods involved in case plus i did not do anything to sally

Jason, if you wish a mod involved, there's a report button at the top of the post box.  

I stand by what I said, rude though it is.

Archived