What should I do?

Minh

I've known a guy on the Internet for months. I did not remember exactly how we had known each other, but he left me good feelings about him. He is a nice, sweet and kind guy, and a romantic type. We havent met in real life yet, but he is the first man ever that has gotten into my mind and my thoughts. Sometimes I found myself thinking about him, and sometimes I thanked God that he'd given me such a good friend like him. But I had no ideal that... he did not feel the same thing. He just didnt want us to be just friends. And I was shocked when he asked me if I was in love with someone else, and if he could be my boyfriend. If I was like other girls, I'd agree and be happy to be his girlfriend. But that's the problem. I am not a normal girl. What would happen if I told him I was an asexual, and it was too hard, so hard for me to go for a date or even, just have a crush on a boy? That if we went to meet in real life (if it'd happen one day), there would be no... sex at all? We all know what every men want nowaday. Sometimes I wondered, if sex without love exists, why cant people understand that love without sex exists too? I feel totally comfortable about our relationship now, just chat and talk through the Internet, and he's so nice that I can not bring myself hurting him telling the truth. If it broke our friendship forever? If it made him hate me? But if I agreed, it would lead to the fact that he would insist on seeing me in real life and he would do it (I know he would. He is a very stubborn one), and then things would go worse. I dont know what to do now

Tell him about yourself, if he rejects you after that, you can move on. it will hurt sure, but better than being scared of it.

PurveyorOfBadPuns

I second talking to him about it.  I met my last girlfriend online and I was too chicken shit to tell her that I'm ace.  It led to so many problems.  If he still wants to date you and you decide you want to date him, great!  If not, you guys may still be able to be friends!  If you don't tell him, though, that will lead to heartache for both of you.

Archived