Middle names

just an owl

The full name I go by has two middle names; Valenti and Scott. Valenti I chose, Scott I was born with. When I change my name legally to the one I go by I'll have those two along with my preferred first name (which is a modified, masc/neutral version of my dead name) and my family name. I considered just swapping my middle and first names, but Scott Tyra doesn't roll off the tongue like Tyran Valenti Scott does.

J. van Deijck

I'm still glad to be Jonas Austin. 

J. van Deijck
8 hours ago, CandyBuddhist said:

MIddle names

If not married. (If mom and dad are both under eighteen. Parents over eighteen, living in but not married)
The child will use the surname of mom. No middle name required.

First name: Cara

Middle name:
Last name: Las Pinas

Mom: Caroline Las Pinas

Dad: Arnold Dela Torre

If married. (Even if parents have been annulled)
The child will have the middle name (which is mom's surname before married.)

First name: Cara
Middle name: Las Pinas
Last name: Dela torre

Cara L.P. Dela Torre

if Cara L.P. Dela Torre. is married
She can have her surname, and the husband's surname
Name of Wife: Cara Dela Torre
Name of Husband: Jayson Tan
Cara Dela Torre-Tan (informal)
But usually it is
Cara D.T. Tan (formal)

it totally doesn't work this way where I live. You'd never find a person here whose middle name would be their mother's maiden name or whatever that has anything to do either surnames.

On 8.1.2017 at 8:25 PM, Mystic Maya said:

Nero isn't your real name 0_0

On 8.1.2017 at 8:27 PM, UVB-76 said:

It's not! But it's the best nickname of all I've ever had :wub:

What? Nero isn’t your real name. That’s shocking! What hidden truths will be revealed next? That you can’t play the fiddle? That you don’t think of yourself as the greatest artist? That you never burned a city down, not even a village or something?  I don’t know what to believe anymore ;):lol:

You’ll still get Nero pictures though xD

Nero_Rome_burning.jpg

Logo_of_Nero_Burning_ROM_from_Nero_AG.jp

I'm my father's junior even though I'm DFAB. I love my first and middle name for that reason, and because my full-blood siblings and I all have similar names. Sadly, though, sometimes my names sound very feminine to me and I think of changing them, partly because people who knew me before might always associate my names with a girl. I'm fortunate enough that my first name is a somewhat popular for boys and my middle name is the stage name of a male singer, but I do worry that they lean more to the girly side anyway.

I don't think I'll change anything, but when I consider it, I try to look for ones with close definitions or ones that share letters. Right now, the name that seems the most like my other names and rolls off the tongue for me is Makai. I'd be fine having it as my first or middle name, but if I had it as my first name I would probably change my middle name to the way my dad's is spelled so I don't have too many of the same letters in there, haha.

I feel you. My middle name was also a family name (my great-great grandmother's name), but it's ultra-feminine (Grace) and I just couldn't do it and I've since changed it.

J. van Deijck
10 hours ago, Antihero. said:

What? Nero isn’t your real name. That’s shocking! What hidden truths will be revealed next? That you can’t play the fiddle? That you don’t think of yourself as the greatest artist? That you never burned a city down, not even a village or something?  I don’t know what to believe anymore ;):lol:

You’ll still get Nero pictures though xD

Nero_Rome_burning.jpg

Logo_of_Nero_Burning_ROM_from_Nero_AG.jp

:D that post has made my day XD

On 2017-03-25 at 7:23 AM, Emery. said:

Is it not necrothreading?

On 2017-03-25 at 8:42 AM, ChillaKilla said:

Nah, necro would be like, 6 months to a year

There's no hard and fast rule for necro threading. My rule of thumb has always been to treat it on a case by case basis. So, if someone is asking for advice for an event happening in a week, for example, and then the thread lies dead for a month or two and gets necro'ed after that with advice, I'll lock it as a necro because the advice is now far out of date. But otherwise, I let them go for four to six months before calling it a necro.

It's all subjective really.

Also, wow. I have left this post open in a tab for three whole days without hitting "post" :P I guess my brain has some sleep to catch up on, sorry for the late advice there :cake:

<No longer active>

My old middle name is Anne, my new one is currently Angus.

my family has a Scottish surname, and my dad always said that if they (my parents) had had a son, they would've called him Angus. Certainly, If I'd been AMAB I would've been called that.  

It was just kind of the obvious solution, considering I wanted to keep my initials. It's my first name I'm having trouble with... I went by Rio for a while but it's not really 'me' anymore...

unisex 'r' names anyone?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm genderfluid, so sometimes my birth name (I actually go by my middle name, that being Jeff or Jeffrey) bothers me, sometimes not. That said, I've come up with a nickname that I prefer and usually use online- 'Jas' or 'Jassie', depending on how I feel.

My parents once mentioned that, had I been born female, my first and middle names would be Arianna Melynn. Sometimes I mentally refer to myself that way on particularly feminine days.

I've been known to sign into places with any combination of the above names.

I also tend to use more than one 'Hello, my name is...' sticker.

My middle name is Hope and it's always felt more me than my first name but not enough that I wanted it as my first name so I became Seth-Hope with Alexander as my middle name because I've always loved the name Alexander. Unfortunately that made my initials SHAT so I've been doing some thinking and I might go with Mikey Seth-Hope instead (MSHT doesn't spell anything bad does it? Hopefully not). I kind of want to include Alexander in there but five names is really a bit much in my opinion. If I do ever change my name legally I may change my surname to Hope or Alexander (if I did that my intials could be MASH...that'd be pretty cool)

• 3 weeks later...
LuckofTheChuck
On 1/8/2017 at 1:12 PM, UVB-76 said:

I think I haven't had that situation. My parents chose two names for me, too, and both are utterly feminine (and I hate both with passion). When I grew older, I have chosen two names for myself on my own: Jonas Austin. Neither of them is an equivalent of any of my birth names. I didn't want a name that would link to that boy from the past who has been mistaken as a girl.

The problem is that my chosen names are not legal yet and using my ID still causes pain and distress. 

I feel the same way, except for the fact that I have conservative christian parents who hate the LGBT community. I HAD to be born with the name "Leilani" "Grace". I hate it.... I don't really like the unisex names similar to Leilani, it's really ugly to me. Right now, I just go with Glen, plain old glen. (No middle name, I'm still looking for one)

Archived