Caucasian-blooded AVENites - What are you?

Joe the Stoic

Caucasian-blooded AVENites  

291 members have voted

1. 1. What ethnicities are in your blood? Select all that apply.

• Baltic (Estonian, Lithuanian, Latvian)
    • Celtic (Irish, Scottish, Welsh, Basque)
    • English
    • East Slavic (Russian, Ukrainian, Belarussian)
    • Finnish
    • French
    • German/Austrian
    • Greek
    • Hungarian
    • Italian
    • Low Countries (Dutch, Belgian, Luxembourgian)
    • Nordic (Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, Icelandic)
    • Portuguese
    • Romanian
    • South Slavic (Slovenian, Croatian, Bosnian, Serbian, Macedonian, Bulgarian, Montenegrin)
    • Spanish
    • Swiss
    • West Slavic (Polish, Czech, Slovakian)
    • Something else (other caucasian)
    • I don't know all of my white ancestry

This poll is closed to new votes

My aunt(my mom's sister) did one of those DNA tests and apparently I'm also Scandinavian from her side of the family. The results also showed 1% for Finland/Northwest Russia, Iberian Peninsula, and Italy/Greece.

I really want to take a ancestry test at some point, I know that I'm mostly German (a large chunk of i want to say celtic) and just random other stuff

• 1 month later...

Most to least: Irish, Scottish, English, German

(I also have Cherokee and Choctaw Native American)

• 3 weeks later...
elbow_macaroni

I did one of the ancestry services and it said I was a VERY small portion of Oceanian.  I don't know if that's considered "Caucasian" or Oceanian is separate.

French-Irish here! Specifically French-Canadian because I know some Francophiles who are particular about that sort of thing lol

English for the last couple of hundred years, prior to that IDK 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm half English/ half Portuguese for sure! But my last name is German/ something similar, so there's likely some of that blood on my mum's side? (Which I would love, I was born in Germany and love it there!) My dad also has a lot of family from Angola, but I don't really know what's going on on that side!

One thing for sure is that's I'm pale af xD

Quintus Crinis

In terms of ancestry, I can trace Yorkshire (coastal so probably some Nordic) and Scottish (Aberdeen), but it's been suggested that my skin tone and general look suggest that there must be some Italian or Spanish connection. Keep meaning to do a family tree to trace things properly and never getting round to it.

Mostly Italian. Almost everyone on my dad's side is from Italy, primarily from around Naples. Although my father's maternal grandmother was German. My mother's side is a lot fuzzier because I don't know her family very well. My mom also never knew her father. There are a lot of people in her family with Irish surnames. Her maternal grandparents were from England and Scotland. 

J. van Deijck

I also have really pale and freckled skin and pretty dark hair and eyes, which is an unusual combination - my complexion would suggest I'm a natural redhead (which I am rather not), and it usually goes with green, blue or grey eyes. my hair is some kind of reddish brown by nature and my eyes are hazel. :P

I've heard it's a typically Hungarian trait, but I can't say for sure :lol:

Russian, Polish, Irish, English, Jewish, and Czech are the main ones. I look really Polish and then I have some Asian features that I would guess come from a Mongolian ancestor way back, because Russia was invaded by Mongolia at one point.

J. van Deijck
23 minutes ago, Wish Bear 🌠 said:

I look really Polish

now I'm curious as a person who actually lives in Poland. :P

J. van Deijck
2 hours ago, Wish Bear 🌠 said:

@[noize:injekktion] Look at the person standing closest to you. That is what I look like. :P

he's not Polish, though :P

• 2 weeks later...

@Joe Parrish

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived