Caucasian-blooded AVENites - What are you?

Joe the Stoic

Caucasian-blooded AVENites  

291 members have voted

1. 1. What ethnicities are in your blood? Select all that apply.

• Baltic (Estonian, Lithuanian, Latvian)
    • Celtic (Irish, Scottish, Welsh, Basque)
    • English
    • East Slavic (Russian, Ukrainian, Belarussian)
    • Finnish
    • French
    • German/Austrian
    • Greek
    • Hungarian
    • Italian
    • Low Countries (Dutch, Belgian, Luxembourgian)
    • Nordic (Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, Icelandic)
    • Portuguese
    • Romanian
    • South Slavic (Slovenian, Croatian, Bosnian, Serbian, Macedonian, Bulgarian, Montenegrin)
    • Spanish
    • Swiss
    • West Slavic (Polish, Czech, Slovakian)
    • Something else (other caucasian)
    • I don't know all of my white ancestry

This poll is closed to new votes

Joe the Stoic

I'll make ones for other racial groups at some point.  For now, I'm starting with white people.  If you have any blood that traces back to Europe, this poll applies to you.

I had to combine a lot of these, but I tried to cover as much of the Continent as possible.

Anthracite_Impreza

As far as I know I'm all English with Celtic heritage, purely by the number of gingers in our family :| Definitely no other races within the last 4 generations.

Rare Aztec Whstling Chickn

I'm quarter Dutch, the rest being some sort of British mix.

I picked Russian/Slavic. I'm from Russia and I speak Russian. But more specifically, I'm a volga tatar (Kazan). 

I don't even know if I count. :'D I'm mixed with some white, not much really. I'm not too sure with what exactly, but I do know that I just so happen to have very very very veryx12 little Irish in me, due to a DNA test my grandma had taken from ancestry.

Grumpy Alien

I answered the poll but I don't think it's important so I won't elaborate. My "something else" is Mongolian, which isn't "Caucasian."

Joe the Stoic
20 minutes ago, Graceful said:

I answered the poll but I don't think it's important so I won't elaborate. My "something else" is Mongolian, which isn't "Caucasian."

Well, that's not the idea.  "Something else" would be for caucasian groups that I did not mention, like people in Malta, Lichtenstein, Armenia, and so on.

Grumpy Alien
14 minutes ago, Joe Parrish said:

Well, that's not the idea.  "Something else" would be for caucasian groups that I did not mention, like people in Malta, Lichtenstein, Armenia, and so on.

Sorry. It asked what ethnicities are in my blood. It didn't say which caucasian ethnicities. 

Joe the Stoic
19 minutes ago, Graceful said:

Sorry. It asked what ethnicities are in my blood. It didn't say which caucasian ethnicities. 

Well, I clarified it now.

I am a bit of everything, but I haven't been able to completly trace my ancestry. I do know that I am Irish and Scottish (mostly), Polish, German, Native (blackfoot) and African. Based on bone structure, I am also probably some sort of mediterranean/middle eastern as well. My family has a ton of varied traits, and just fucked like rabbits with everyone so we are all quite mutts on my dad's side. My mom's side is super irish/scottish and everyone is redhead, or blond.  My mom's side is also full of giants (So they are def strong blooded Celt). Like, my uncle is like 7 feet tall, and I am also 6 feet tall myself. I also have incredibly dense bones, and am very lanky. 

https://www.amren.com/news/2008/02/race_and_physic_1/

Ya might find this interesting to read. IT just lists known predispositions for each race, and medical and physical differences in bone structure, health, etc. (Please note that this is not intended to make a point of anything. It is just interesting to learn about, and is very medical orientated) 

As far as I know my European ancestries Irish/Celtic, English, French, Czech(my mom's maiden name is a Czech surname in fact), German, Dutch, and possibly Polish.

I'm half white: British, Welsh and Irish

Half Cape Verdean: Portuguese and African

I don't know all of it, but the main two are Welsh and German/Austrian (some from Germany, some from Austria). My oma was Austrian, and one of her grandmothers was Russian; one of her grandfathers was also ethnically Italian. The other side of the family has some Scottish and Irish as well, and there's apparently some distant Greek ancestry in my opa's family somewhere.

So yeah, that's about all I know.

I'm mostly Italian with a small amount of Irish (though apparently I don't look especially like either).  I also have a tiny bit of bunch of other random European ethinicities, but don't know my ancestry well enough to list all of those.

I actually got it tested with 23andme and these are my results(at 50% confidence level anyway): 

French & German28.3%

British & Irish28.1%

Scandinavian7.9%

Broadly Northwestern European26.5%

Southern European4.9%

Italian0.5%

Balkan< 0.1%

Broadly Southern European4.3%

Eastern European0.7%

Broadly European3.7%

I know that I'm German, Irish, English and Dutch. One of my ancestors was Penelope Van Princis which is where I got the dutch from. 

Simplified: Russian, German and Romanian on dad's side. Chinese, Japanese and Filipino on mum's.

Real: don't ask :3

Polish (and maybe Russian?) on one side; German, Scottish, Irish, Ukrainian, Romanian on the other. At least as far as we know.

Joe the Stoic

The Celts are making a strong showing.  Could this be why the redheads have such strong numbers in my other poll?

Edit: See here.

Mom: Nordic and Sami.

Dad: Czech and German. 

Finnish and Nordic=Western Finnish. But Finns aren't even Caucasians, so umm...:mellow:

20 hours ago, Joe Parrish said:

The Celts are making a strong showing.  Could this be why the redheads have such strong numbers in my other poll?

Edit: See here.

I think that redheads would be a lot more likely than anyone else to click on the that thread in the first place. I'm part celtic but I don't have red hair. 

Luftschlosseule

Caucasian europeans? :'D
Sorry, it's just... I often forget that AVEN is so us-centric.

Can't answer fully. I am from Germany, yes. A great part of my family lives in Germany, yes. But a guy - I don't know how we are related, only that it was on my father's side of the family - was able to trace us back in the 15th century in the baltic area, which wasn't easy. My last name means song or melody, they were minstrels and constantly travelling, changing their name every few generations to fit their surroundings. He only got to the 15th century because it was so much work and he died before he could get farther and nobody knows what happened to his papers.

I don't know how familiar you are with medieval minstrels: Either you were living somewhere as the musicians or you were travelling. Everybody wanted to hear your music, your stories, the news, but the group consisted of rightless people seen as honourless. Now and then somebody would join or leave the group. I think of having the whole eastern Europe in my blood.

When I hear my last name used for another person I know that we are related, so rare is this name.
One day I will take this DNA ancenstry test.

Archived