is boob sagging something to get worried about?

AVEN #1 fan

All boobs sag, sonner or later, but are there any problems related to it? Should I worry about my health if my boobs are saggy?

I would only worry if you become asymmetrical. Just one doing that might be a problem.

Anybody knows how a binder or sports bra can cause sagging? How to avoid it?

15 minutes ago, AVEN #1 fan said:

Anybody knows how a binder or sports bra can cause sagging? How to avoid it?

They don't cause sagging. Sagging mostly comes with age. Everything butt, boobs, etc.

Just now, Spiritus55 said:

They don't cause sagging. Sagging mostly comes with age. Everything butt, boobs, etc.

I heard from FTMs that after a daily binder usage they acquired breast sagging.

Sagging= why I don't wear bras unless I have to. I'm small chested anyway so I can get away with it. 

Though- for special occasions, I have a sports bra I got a Target that provides a fair amount of compression. 

Bras and binders directly cause sagging, it's been medically proven as they weaken the connective tissues that keep breasts firm and naturally, er, "held up". In saying that, if you have naturally large breasts they will sag due to gravity, and some beasts are just naturally saggy no matter how small they are if they are "pendulous" (that's a totally natural breast-type)

I am an M cup (US sizing) on a small frame so gravity has obviously had a massive impact on my breasts but there is nothing bad or unhealthy about it, and I personally think sagging breasts are just a sign of natural beauty ^_^

17 minutes ago, ℃å℞t☉☧hℹĿẹ• said:

Bras and binders directly cause sagging, it's been medically proven as they weaken the connective tissues that keep breasts firm and naturally, er, "held up". In saying that, if you have naturally large breasts they will sag due to gravity, and some beasts are just naturally saggy no matter how small they are if they are "pendulous" (that's a totally natural breast-type)

I am an M cup (US sizing) on a small frame so gravity has obviously had a massive impact on my breasts but there is nothing bad or unhealthy about it, and I personally think sagging breasts are just a sign of natural beauty ^_^

I find anything but cone pointy boobs pleasing to the view. XD

18 hours ago, ℃å℞t☉☧hℹĿẹ• said:

Off topic but Jesus Christ Pan, mad respect for you dealing with that size :o 

No problem with sagging, it's perfectly natural and healthy for boobs to sag a bit as you get older. It's just that our society considers saggy boobs unattractive, and plus large saggy boobs can be a bit painful at times.

And yes, anything that provides support also increases sagging, because your body decides to get rid of some of the connective tissue since it's not really needed. Just like not exercising makes your muscles atrophy.          

44 minutes ago, ChillaKilla said:

I would consider a beast reduction if that were my case. Lord.

nerdperson777

One guy told me that he had I cups and he lost 10 pounds from top surgery so I can't imagine how much heavier M cups are. 

nanogretchen4

The cup size is based on the size of the breasts relative to the circumference of the chest right below the breasts, not on the absolute size of the breasts. So a 38 D bra has much larger cups than a 28 D. Bras with equal cup sizes have different letters depending on the size of the band. Women with small frames can get up to some pretty impressive letters of the alphabet and are more likely to need custom made bras. Bras with equal cup sizes but unequal band sizes are known as sister sizes. Free bra fitting tip of the day.

On 06/01/2017 at 10:29 AM, nerdperson777 said:

One guy told me that he had I cups and he lost 10 pounds from top surgery so I can't imagine how much heavier M cups are. 

On 05/01/2017 at 9:46 AM, AVEN #1 fan said:

I would consider a beast reduction if that were my case. Lord.

http://www.curvykate.com/blog/boob_weight_you_wont_believe_what_yours_are/

I'm not sure how accurate that chart is to be honest haha but yeah they're pretty heavy. They cover my entire torso and end at my belly button, each boob is bigger than my babies when they were newborn (but babies are quite small when they're just born). I don't drive so the amount of walking I do prevents me from getting a sore back. Mainly the only pain I experience is from actually wearing bras haha. I always used to want a reduction (I was an F cup by 14 despite being very thin, and I had severe gender/body dysphoria which didn't help) but thankfully by about 26ish I became fully accepting of my body and no longer would wish to risk surgery when exercise and a healthy lifestyle keeps me naturally pain-free :)

On 05/01/2017 at 9:00 AM, ChillaKilla said:

Haha thanks! ^_^

On 06/01/2017 at 10:53 AM, nanogretchen4 said:

The cup size is based on the size of the breasts relative to the circumference of the chest right below the breasts, not on the absolute size of the breasts. So a 38 D bra has much larger cups than a 28 D. Bras with equal cup sizes have different letters depending on the size of the band. Women with small frames can get up to some pretty impressive letters of the alphabet and are more likely to need custom made bras. Bras with equal cup sizes but unequal band sizes are known as sister sizes. Free bra fitting tip of the day.

Yes that's true. A very large woman with say C cup breasts has much larger breasts than a skinny women with C cup breasts due to the difference in band size. I used to be like a 30 band size when I was 17, I've put on weight recently so am about a 36 band now. Size conversions also vary greatly from country to county. I'm a J in the UK and an M in the US. So a 36 M UK is much bigger than a 36 M US. Also that really popular big breast size "DD" is actually only in US sizes, it's an E in the UK. haha so complicated!

Older women tend to sag more because lack of estrogen compromises tissue integrity (everywhere in the body).   That's something you really can't avoid, unless you want to take hormone replacements forever and look forward to a much higher risk of breast and uterine cancer.  

I've heard that binders and super tight sports bras could potentially cause sagging if you wear them for years because they break down tissues inside the breast.

Just now, helana12_03 said:

I've heard that binders and super tight sports bras could potentially cause sagging if you wear them for years because they break down tissues inside the breast.

Is wearing a binder for years  dangerous  for one's health?

It could be if you do it wrong or get a binder that's too tight.

http://www.ftmtopsurgery.ca/blog/ftm-faq/health-consequences-chest-binding/ 

I would try the sports bra solution or simply wear an unpadded bra with a tank top over it and get a binder only if safer solutions don't work. If you do decide to get a binder you probably want to make sure to research the risks or how to use it safely and make sure it isn't too small.

On 1/3/2017 at 6:48 PM, AVEN #1 fan said:

I heard from FTMs that after a daily binder usage they acquired breast sagging.

After time it breaks down breast tissue, but we're taking 3-4 years. Most people get top surgery before then.

39 minutes ago, Chardog said:

After time it breaks down breast tissue, but we're taking 3-4 years. Most people get top surgery before then.

So I don't plan on getting top surgery and I'm probably wearing a binder every time I leave home for the rest of my life . Is there any other warnings I should know about?

3 hours ago, AVEN #1 fan said:

So I don't plan on getting top surgery and I'm probably wearing a binder every time I leave home for the rest of my life . Is there any other warnings I should know about?

Binders aren't designed to be worn lifelong. It could eventually cause issues with your ribs and lungs down the road..

2 minutes ago, Chardog said:

Binders aren't designed to be worn lifelong. It could eventually cause issues with your ribs and lungs down the road..

Okay... then I'm wearing double sports bra for the rest of my life.

Just now, ℃å℞t☉☧hℹĿẹ• said:

What about like, a bullet proof vest? They seem really hard and flat looking, then you'd have a flat looking chest and you'd be bulletproof which is definitely a bonus.

I totally would but I don't think I can take it to college or to work. Lol

On 08/01/2017 at 6:51 AM, ℃å℞t☉☧hℹĿẹ• said:

Also that really popular big breast size "DD" is actually only in US sizes, it's an E in the UK. haha so complicated!

You do get DD cups in UK and Ireland - DDDs are an E in US sizes. 

4 hours ago, Lacybi said:

You do get DD cups in UK and Ireland - DDDs are an E in US sizes. 

Oh really? I was comparing cups with some girls in other countries on FetLife when I was on there and we thought DD was E and DDD was F?  Haha regardless, it's super confusing trying to buy bras when you can't work out which country one was made in to work out the size conversion! Then of course they all fit differently anyway - such a nightmare T_T I've pretty much given up wearing them now, so much easier :D

• 4 weeks later...
On 16/01/2017 at 4:22 AM, ℃å℞t☉☧hℹĿẹ• said:

Ah here we go, you're right: http://sophisticatedpair.com/blog/uk-vs-us-bra-sizing/

So confusing T_T lol

Edit! Oh wait we were both right :P "In fact, some US brands (and many European brands) will label a DD as an E and a DDD as an F" that's from under the chart. That's where I got that from then just the wrong way around.. or something.. haha.

To be honest I actually know very little about bras except that I'm a 32DD and that's higher than average (naturally). I knew there's DDs in Ireland/England for that reason (I've bought bras in both countries) but googled the rest so yeah. 

On 1/3/2017 at 3:08 PM, AVEN #1 fan said:

All boobs sag, sonner or later, but are there any problems related to it? Should I worry about my health if my boobs are saggy?

Boobs sag with age kind of like the rest of you, What is considered something to be concerned about is changing in size. If your boobs change in size or if you have firm painful spots in your boob that might be breast cancer. Below is an illustration of breast symptom changes that indicate cancer. 

Symptoms-of-Breast-Cancer.jpg

So boob sagging is pretty normal as far as health is concerned. 

40 minutes ago, Sherlocks said:

Boobs sag with age kind of like the rest of you,

So boob sagging is pretty normal as far as health is concerned. 

bigger breasts sag naturaIIy due to their weight even if you're onIy Iike 14, and penduIous breasts sag even if they're Iike an A cup. It's not just an age thing but it's definiteIy normaI regardIess!

58 minutes ago, Lacybi said:

To be honest I actually know very little about bras except that I'm a 32DD and that's higher than average (naturally). I knew there's DDs in Ireland/England for that reason (I've bought bras in both countries) but googled the rest so yeah. 

Yeah I'm a 34J UK and an 34M US haha so I aIways have to doubIe check where it's from or I can end up with a bra that's waaaaay too smaII (a J US is Iike a GG UK) ..Even then, bras made for bigger cup sizes (Iike H and above) are rareIy comfortabIe. Side-note, I thought I was stiII a 36 band but remeasured the other day, I'm pretty happy to have Iost weight without trying :D 

Archived