Is it ok to be on this site and identify as Demisexual

Stew879

I'm not entirely sure, but I think I'm Demisexual because I want to have a sexual experience, but it just has to be with the "right person." 

There are countless people on here who have no clue how to identify, some who find out that they've "mis-identified" themselves all along and some more who simply refuse to put a label on themselves (*waves* :)). I have yet to see someone get kicked out because of their orientation.

Welcome :) 

Hi. I am in the same situation. By the looks of it it seems that Demisexuals are also accepted here (as I think anyone with an open mind is).

Nice to meet you

Anthracite_Impreza

You'd be welcome if you identified as a toaster :)

1 hour ago, Stew879 said:

I'm not entirely sure, but I think I'm Demisexual because I want to have a sexual experience, but it just has to be with the "right person." 

Hi!

Some people on this site are 100% sexual. There's no rule. Everyone is welcome!

Yes, because not only are all sexualities welcome, but demisexual people can provide valuable insight and life experience for others who are questioning their a/sexuality. :)

Though if you want to have sex but aren't in the right circumstances to have it (ie not with someone right now), that's common among sexual people who don't identify as demi. But in any case, your perspective is valued.

WhenSummersGone

Yes Demisexuals are welcome here, but I would argue that Demisexuals aren't just waiting for the right person. They just have no desire to be sexual until an emotional bond has been made first.

Lana Overland

demi is part of the gray spectrum which is under the ace umbrella so yes.

scarletlatitude

All are welcome on AVEN! :):cake:

Welcome to AVEN 🎂 🎂 

Yes, I would agree that being demi is more than about waiting for the right person to have sex with. For people who believe that demis are just half sexual or have low sex drive, I like to illustrate it this way speaking for myself: I know I have a strong and healthy sex drive. It's like a running engine. I am aware it's there, but it's not directed towards anyone and does not respond to anyone. It's just there, running. If an emotional bond is formed with someone that leads to something more, then I'm driving lol. And I'm not a demi that takes months or years to develop the attraction though some do. Once that emotional connection has formed, the sexual attraction soon follows and becomes that all encompassing thing. That said, I don't really have the desire to have sex with anyone unless I happen to find a person with whom I form the emotional and mental bond. If I went my whole life without sex I'd be just fine. 

Welcome, welcome!

Of course!

Everyone is welcome, regardless of (a)sexual orientation, even aliens would be… I guess. We're very open here. :)

I have to agree with darkpoetess though. I don't know it yet with 100% certainity for myself, but I'm definitely somewhere on the A-side of things. If it's completely A, gray or demi in my case, I guess only more reading and experience in life will tell. Need to spend some time observing because of having been unknowing and not having paid that much attention in the past. ;)

Beware, extremely bad computer comparison:

If I had to explain it very crudely, demisexuality is basically a sexuality process/task running in the background that listens until the right criteria are being met (knowing someone for long enough, emotional bond established, some sort of deep/close relationship) and then sends a signal to the body that says "Hey there, now I make you feel this kind of attraction directed at <source of criteria>!"*. If the (individual) criteria are not met, nothing happens and it just keeps "listening"/waiting for the right one.

*doesn't necessarily exclude more than one case at a time.

Yours sounds more like a conscious decision, but even if that's the case, don't worry, you're definitely welcome here! It's great to have insight from all kinds of orientations and "cases"! :D

And have some cake! :cake:

Archived