Aces of the Round Table YouTube Channel

Joe the Stoic

Joe the Stoic

Okay, so the channel is official now.  It is run by both myself and @Robin L.

Official Channel

Main Ideas:

- Everyone is ace

- Rotating panel

- Mix of conservative, liberal, and moderate views

- Discuss politics, current events, philosophy

- Mic, no cams (unless we can get four who are willing)

- No minors

Episodes:

Episode 1: Aces and LGBTQ

Episode 2: How Trump Won

Episode 3: The ACA and Health Care

I want to make a few things clear, since this will be a collaboration, and this is to everyone.

Whatever the topic may be, we have to be patient with points of view that we may not like.  I feel a large lesson from 2016 is that various political groups have shut each other out and become less cooperative.  We need to work to break that.  It's what's causing us to live in a so-called post-facts society.

would it be okay for me to do this but with MS sam

Joe the Stoic
35 minutes ago, sculapius said:

would it be okay for me to do this but with MS sam

No, the point is for it be people talking normally.

I like the idea. Three or four people sounds good, lively discussion.

Joe the Stoic
9 minutes ago, borkfork said:

I like the idea. Three or four people sounds good.

Would you be involved for one of the recordings?

2 hours ago, Joe Parrish said:

Would you be involved for one of the recordings?

That would depend on a few factors. 

13 minutes ago, Joe Parrish said:

Like?

Some personal (my mother is nuts), some professional reservations with having my name out there. I feel like I'm pushing it with what I do in meatspace already.

Joe the Stoic
5 minutes ago, borkfork said:

Some personal (my mother is nuts), some professional reservations with having my name out there. I feel like I'm pushing it with what I do in meatspace already.

Well, if you want to go by your AVEN alias, I do not see a problem with that.  Same goes for anyone else.

You know what? I'll do it, but only if you can't find anyone else to fill your 4 out.

Also depending on timezone. I'm Australian, so recording might be hard for me to sync up times.

Perissodactyla

Everything you do is interesting, Joe. But my opinions are too controversial, I think. But keep me in your loop as a sort of confidant or potential sounding-board or something. I'm always willing to give my honest feedback and crazed responses. This will certainly be a totally crazy year, and I'm trying my best to prepare for being authentic and take a stand for the planet and life on it. :)

Joe the Stoic
7 minutes ago, euco said:

Everything you do is interesting, Joe. But my opinions are too controversial, I think. But keep me in your loop as a sort of confidant or potential sounding-board or something. I'm always willing to give my honest feedback and crazed responses. This will certainly be a totally crazy year, and I'm trying my best to prepare for being authentic and take a stand for the planet and life on it. :)

If there is no controversy, how can this be interesting?

8 hours ago, Joe Parrish said:

Would you participate or merely spectate?

I'd love to participate, but i have weird reservations about being on camera / recorded. And I don't really have a whole lot of free time, so I wouldn't want to commit to this and let others down. Also, I'm not out to a lot of people, so I don't feel comfortable with having my name/face/voice associated with asexuality online just yet.  So for the moment, I'd have to say no to participating. But, this sounds like a super rad concept and I'll definitely watch it. I loved Hot Pieces of Ace while that lasted and this seems to be in a similar vein, yet different enough to remain interesting.

SorryNotSorry

My input??? Surely you have me confused with someone else.

I would love to join this as well!

There are definitely still kinks we have to work out, like recording, scheduling, but these could certainly be worked out.

Joe the Stoic

@Robin L, glad to hear it!

Anyway, here are some topics that could be covered on the first episode.  Let me know how you feel about each one in terms of your own opinion on that matter, briefly, and also tell me which one you think would make for good first episode:

- 2016: Trump, Brexit, and similar political happenings

- Tolerance and Political Correctness

- Should asexuals be considered LGBTQ?

Joe the Stoic
51 minutes ago, Joe Parrish said:

Anyway, here are some topics that could be covered on the first episode.  Let me know how you feel about each one in terms of your own opinion on that matter, briefly, and also tell me which one you think would make for good first episode:

- 2016: Trump, Brexit, and similar political happenings

- Tolerance and Political Correctness

- Should asexuals be considered LGBTQ?

@Akui++

since it's an ace roundtable and such let's just go with the last one /shrug

I like the sound of it. I would be willing to contribute if there is room. 

Archived