Fluid sexuality/romance?

A-ok

I now identify as asexual femme-romantic/homo-romantic, but I previously had a boyfriend, whom I really did have feelings for. I'm now stuck believing that:

1. I am really pan-romantic( but only like guys like 1% of the time)

2. I only felt platonically for him, but misunderstood my own feelings

3. My romantic attraction is fluid. 

I accepted the thought of fluid attraction pretty fast, but I'm having my doubts now. The LGBTQ+ community have fought so much for the fact that love isn't a choice it's genetic, however fluid attraction might go against this? By saying my sexuality/romantic attraction changes, I also say that I was not born with this.

I'm just confused and want to know what you guys think :) 

TheyCallMeMiles

I see how it seems to contradicts one another. But the fluidity in itself is also involuntary and still not a choice is what I personally think.. Not being born with it doesn't equal choosing it.

Did that even make any sense? :blink:

27 minutes ago, TheyCallMeMiles said:

I see how it seems to contradicts one another. But the fluidity in itself is also involuntary and still not a choice is what I personally think.. Not being born with it doesn't equal choosing it.

probably not, or my English just sucks.

• 9 months later...
A Kangaroo Rat
On 01/01/2017 at 3:20 PM, TheyCallMeMiles said:

I’ve been trying to pay attention to my various fluidities for a little while now and one thing I can say is that I have no control over the changes and they have most likely been changing even when I wasn’t aware of them. My interest in romance/romantic activities/reading romance stories varies between none and I feel like I’m missing something because I sometimes have an interest in these things and find them pleasing.

That sentence was confusing.

Basically, what I’m trying to say is I believe fluidity of romantic orientation is definitely a thing, even though it still confuses me, and can occur over different timescales. I use months as a unit of measurement, but years or decades are also valid scales.

Archived