Family experiences of single sexual minority women from the baby boom generation

michaeld

Erin Lavender-Stott from Virginia Tech has contacted AVEN about the following project:

My name is Erin Lavender-Stott and I am a doctoral candidate in the department of Human Development at Virginia Tech. I am working on a research project to understand the lived experiences of single sexual minority women aged 52-70 and their future plans. I am currently looking for women who are not in a romantic relationship and have not been in a committed relationship for the last five years, who identify as a sexual minority (LGBQ+) and were born between 1946 and 1964 for a qualitative study.

The study includes a 60-90 minute audio-recorded interview to take place in-person, on the phone, or via Skype/Google Hangout, etc. as appropriate. There are questions about your family and friends across your life, singlehood, and communities. Following the interview, any demographic information that was not gathered during the interview may be asked for. All information will be kept confidential and any data collected will be used only for the purposes of this study. Each person who participates in the interview will receive a $25 gift card. The study is being supervised by my advisor, Dr. Katherine Allen.

If you are interested in taking part in this study, please contact Erin Lavener-Stott at the following email address: erinsls@vt.edu

This research request has been approved by the Research Approval Board for advertising on AVEN.

michaeld (AVEN PT)

Archived