Comments made by sexual people

Guest And Peggy

Elliot-loves-cookies

"But sex is fun!!!" - yeah... and so is jogging (people told me so) but I hate it anyway. 

"Why do you say that person is hot?? I thought you were asexual!" - I am but I ain't blind.

"I'm soooo in love!! I wanna kiss him/her and my tummy feels soo weird but soo good! Aw I can only think about her/him!!" - ok.. are you alright or.. I dunno... 

And the list go on and go...

Enne Kristin

Roleplaying is fun, I am a natural born dice-roller... I had many relationships in D&D ;) and in my fantasy...

I tell people that I really like the sublimity of classical music, and that it takes me to places that are bliss.  I used to think that relationships with people were like this too.  When I told people that I'd like to recreate this dynamic in an intimate relationship, people got really confused.  "You can't really do that with a person."  Then I sort of got confused too.  This isn't really an annoying thing that sexuals say per say, but...still a miscommunication of sorts.

As for annoying things, it's bothersome when people try to do conversion therapy on me.  Not working.  No awareness either.  

On 12/31/2016 at 0:31 PM, yourcaptaiin said:

[After explaining that I'm heteroromantic]

"But how can you be straight and asexual?"

TOTALLY.........

winchester.kaz2y5
On 6/15/2017 at 7:52 AM, Elliot-loves-cookies said:

"Why do you say that person is hot?? I thought you were asexual!" - I am but I ain't blind.

OMG this happens to me ALL THE TIME!!! soooo annoying

TheCatBehind

I was rolling my eyes so hard when I was watching a movie with my bestie. There was such a sexually packed scene and I was so exasperated. Then she asked "Isn't that guy handsome?"

"Nah, I don't see it."

"C'mon. You can't tell me he isn't!"

"I'm not saying he isn't, I'm saying I can't personally see it, but I know why you think he's hot, besides, I was too taken by the fact of just HOW extremely sexual this scene was–"

"Says the ace."

Shame I didn't say anything ablut how "I'm ace not dumb" or somesuch... I was too annoyed. Plus she was asking an asexual if the guy was hot. C'mon you, ffs!

• 2 weeks later...
Ace Spaceman

"Are you gay?"    -usually from ignorant straight men 

"You'll meet someone"    -followed by my assurance that I'm not worried if or when I "meet someone"

"You're a good looking guy, why don't you have a girlfriend?"    -This one is flattering I admit, but still annoying to hear

"Asexual?! What a shame, because you're SO sexy..."

Hermit Advocate
5 hours ago, InariYana said:

"Asexual?! What a shame, because you're SO sexy..."

Vomit. 

This is title change that's supposed to combat negative content that ppl were making a fuss about? *sighs* :mellow:

Anyway I've gotten:

"Haha so you're a nun!"

"We need to put you in a convent."

"So you don't like sex? I'm sorry for you."

• 2 weeks later...

"Were you abused or something?"

"You're a disappointment."

"Don't limit yourself."

"Everyone loves sex."

"Are you sure you're human?"

"How can you be in/have a relationship?"

"Don't knock it 'til you try it."

"Why can't you be more like your brother?"

"That's not a thing."

"So you're a virgin?"

Member119102

You are not normal

But sex is too wonderful! You will go crazy with pleasure.

How do you hate it if you've never had it?

You will want it with the right person

You're too hot to not have any interest in sex

So no procreation?

Are you a virgin?

Ah, got it. It must be cause you are religious..(bitch what)

Member119102
On 3/7/2017 at 0:02 AM, Hey you in the corner said:

"Asexual?! What a shame, because you're so sexy..."

Vomit

Lost the count of how many times guys have said this to me. And I cannot even stand the word "sexy"..lol.

Member119102
On 5/2/2017 at 2:28 AM, AsexualMemeTrash said:

"You can't be asexual because in order to feel pleasure, you need to feel attraction."  ~dickhole of a friend. 

What about you tell your friend romantic and sexual attraction are not the same thing xD..And the former gives pleasure as well. No need to have someone's privates jamming between your twins to feel pleasure..jesus christ.

"That's called celibacy"

"This will change when you meet the right person"

"It's just a phase"

"That's not humanly possible"

"That's not what asexual means"

Guest Jetsun Milarepa

I know this isn't related to asexuality, but here's a conversation I heard yesterday evening on a late shift while the manager was at tea break.

R : 'That Caitlin Jenner ain't no woman, just a man dressed up'

M: 'Well clothes are just clothes , aren't they? Any man can put a dress on. What do you think, D'

D : 'I think it was a great publicity stunt - if you're connected with the Kardashians, you have to pull something rad like that to get noticed among them'.

I stepped in at that point, asking them if they would like their penises removed so that they could get some attention. It fairly shut them up. I hope they reflected on what they said. Prats.

Her rampant self-promotion and attention-seeking isn't helping.

She didn't deserve those rude comments but she shouldn't be surprised by them, either.

Demidemigod

"Oh I wouldn't have sex without knowing the person. I must be demisexual too!"

"A romantic relationship must have sex to work" - I can't even say anything about that anymore since hearing it from the same person all the time makes me so sad.

- "You just haven't found the right person yet" is really common.

To be fair to all the people who've told me that so far, they didn't know I'm asexual. Even I myself didn't know because I only recently found out about asexuality. Everytime someone asked me "Do you have bf? (amazing how no one ever asked about a gf or anything, but that's another issue)" or "Are you a virgin? (why is everyone so interested in others virginity anyway?)", I could only answer no. And then they would just say (often in a condescending tone, but not always) "Oh, don't worry you'll find the right person"

Now, for things specifically said to me when I came out to my sister:

- Basically the "It's just a phase". Long story about herself only starting to have sex 'late' and how that didn't make HER asexual.

- "That's just because of how mom raised us. As if every men would hurts us or rape us." - thank you very much, but I know that's not it. It's how I actually feel. And don't worry, I know that's not how the world and men work.

- (my favourite) "You should talk about that with a psychologist" - nice going. At least you refrained from saying psychiatrist. But, so, everything's in my head and I just need to put my ideas in order, right? Or do you think I just read that asexuality exists that day, and decided it would be so awesome to claim to be one? (ed: I just re-read my comment and found that this could sound bad. I didn't in any way mean to imply asexuality is something negative. I identify as asexual and am happy with my orientation. It's just that I think it's a bad thing when anyone claims to be something they're not and they know it, specially if it's just to follow a fad or be different. That isn't good for anyone.)

Willgracefan

From my sister: Well it's nice that you're just choosing to life your life to take care of mom and dad. 

Why just cause I'm the asexual sibling mean it's my responsibility to take care of the parents when they get to that age? Just because you have a family of your own, doesn't mean you can't take care of them as well. 

winchester.kaz2y5

I get "oh you know there's like a pill for that right?" a lot which is just super annoying, but I try to remind myself those people are just ignorant most of the time not blatantly rude.

winchester.kaz2y5

oh or "haha so what, you're like a plant?" which my usual response is going into a long biology lecture on how plants can be sexual or asexual and how if they can say I'm a plant for being asexual they must also be a plant for being sexual. 

embracetheace

"Maybe you haven't found the right person yet" x10000000000

"I'm just concerned that labeling yourself like this is closing doors on potential romantic relationships" aka "no one will want you if they know you don't want sex"

"You're still young!" aka "you'll want it when you're older"

"Well, you're just really focused on your studies, you don't even have time to think about that stuff"

"We just don't want you to be alone for the rest of your life"

"You don't find ANYONE attractive? Are you a robot?"

"I'm worried that you just don't have any feelings at all"

And most definitely more that don't come to mind right now

"yeah right" "for now" *laughter* 

People just straight up don't believe/ don't know and don't want to be informed

"can you make babies by yourself?"

"so you don't have feelings?"

"you want to die alone?"

"do you have romantic feelings for, like, trees or objects or something?"

Ace Spaceman

It's actually pretty sad reading some of these things said to people. People can be so ignorant and shallow.

Janus the Fox

"you have sex and in a romantic relationship, what's the difference?"

"I don't believe in 2 guys can have a relationship, there's no love without procreation"

"you're just sick and delusional about your relationships, its ok, its your autism and mental illness"

20 hours ago, zishaw said:

"you want to die alone?"

well, when the time eventually comes, of course I do! It is far more peaceful that way.

Archived