Comments made by sexual people

Guest And Peggy

Miss Anne Thrope
On 20/01/2017 at 10:15 PM, A-Scale said:

When your friend says they "understand asexuality" and then proceeds to ask you "which base would you go to if first base was kissing, second base was groping erogenous zones, and third base was sex"

im like

are bases still a THING? like wtf

I'm not even going up to bat.

On 1/20/2017 at 0:52 PM, James121 said:

I didn't realise that people are totally grossed out by sex. Yes ok my children would probably think it's disgusting but not an adult. I simply thought it was more a case of failing to have and wish or a desire to do it. 

Oh yeah, that common thinking (especially by males, but nowadays all-too-often females too) that all your problems are due to not having enough sex... :P   I mean seriously, what's up with that?!  (So many problems are caused by having sex, speaking from experience...)

On 1/21/2017 at 5:15 AM, A-Scale said:

That "bases" thing must be a US thing? As I've only ever heard that word used in that sense in an episode of Friends... ;)  

14 hours ago, Florenna said:
On 1/20/2017 at 8:15 PM, A-Scale said:

That "bases" thing must be a US thing? As I've only ever heard that word used in that sense in an episode of Friends... ;)

It's an allusion to baseball in which there are three bases (1st, 2nd, 3rd) that you run around to get to home base. When it comes to romantic stuff, each base refers to how far one got with a date - first base is, I think, cuddling? (not sure), and each subsequent base is the next step in the process of getting to home base (full out hanky-panky).

I've heard of it before but never really knew what they were. So I googled it.

1st base is kissing/making out

2nd base is feeling/touching (such as boob grab)

3rd base is oral sex

4th base/homerun is full on sex

"You're just wallowing in your misery from your breakup."

"You just need to get out there, you'll meet someone."

"You must have really low self-esteem/are depressed." This is something I've gotten from doctors and therapists. I believed it until I sat down and connected the dots. No real or sustained sexual desire during any period of my life, and I'm 49 and super-healthy? 

• 2 weeks later...
AsexualMemeTrash

"You can't be asexual because in order to feel pleasure, you need to feel attraction."  ~dickhole of a friend. 

Anthracite_Impreza
2 hours ago, AsexualMemeTrash said:

"You can't be asexual because in order to feel pleasure, you need to feel attraction."  ~dickhole of a friend. 

Guess I must be attracted to my nice, warm, snuggly blankets then.

On 12/26/2016 at 8:40 AM, CakeSpadeAce said:

1. How do you know if you've never tried it?

2.Its just a phase!

3. You're too young to know!

And many, many more.

Accurate 

Hermit Advocate

"Oh look, he's cute. You should ask him out." :mad:

SorryNotSorry
On January 8, 2017 at 5:46 AM, Florenna said:

These from a guy (man) I was really interested in, and stayed the night at his place but didn't want to have sex with him - his comments afterwards:

"Your behaviour is like women's liberation never happened." 

"When a woman comes to my bed, it's (or should be) obvious that sex will happen."

That whole "women's liberation" thing, like you're obviously somehow sexually repressed, like a Victorian puritan or something, if you just don't want to have sex, at any given time or place (or possibly never)... Jeez!

I totally never got the whole female promiscuity = women's lib thing. If anything, I'd think the more sex a person goes out and has for the sake of sex, the more potential loose ends that can come back to haunt them.  Pretty much the opposite of "liberation" as I understand it.

SorryNotSorry
On January 22, 2017 at 9:17 PM, Miss Anne Thrope said:

I'm not even going up to bat.

Heh... the umpire threw me out of the game long ago.

On 24.1.2017 at 0:35 AM, tgif said:

I've heard of it before but never really knew what they were. So I googled it.

1st base is kissing/making out

2nd base is feeling/touching (such as boob grab)

3rd base is oral sex

4th base/homerun is full on sex

Strange - what if someone is ready for groping before they're ready for kissing? Is every human supposed to proceed in that order?

Oh, and why does oral sex come before "full sex"? :/ I can imagine that for many, oral sex would be more uncomfortable. Those make no sense.

47 minutes ago, sindi said:

Strange - what if someone is ready for groping before they're ready for kissing? Is every human supposed to proceed in that order?

Oh, and why does oral sex come before "full sex"? :/ I can imagine that for many, oral sex would be more uncomfortable. Those make no sense.

I agree - I've definitely gone "out of order" before. I've done things further down on the list before open-mouth kissing, for instance. I also think cuddling can be just as great as sex, and I would gladly have a platonic cuddle buddy with no sex necessary. The idea of a pre-defined physical touch escalator is pretty silly, in my opinion. :P

5 hours ago, Woodworker1968 said:

Heh... the umpire threw me out of the game long ago.

Can't resist without mentioning getting wood 

Anthracite_Impreza
2 hours ago, sindi said:

I assume because #4 can make babies, which is a 'higher' level I suppose (women is pregnant, man has scored).

Waist of Thyme

I'm sure it's been mentioned in several threads like these since AVEN's creation, but in the past 2-3 years it seems like the snowflake comment has become more common. People associate certain sexualities and gender identities with Tumblr now because they haven't heard of them outside the context of Tumblr and thus assume they were made up on there.

I don't personally involve myself in those kind of conversations since I don't have the energy for it, but I once saw on Facebook someone mention asexuality on a photo and one of the comments was "Asexuality isn't a thing, go back to tumblr". Little do people like that know that asexuality has been known about as a concept since before Tumblr even existed. 

A sexual friend telling you about their exploits in detail like you want to know :blink:

Hermit Advocate
16 hours ago, Azrael said:

You really need to get laid 

The implication that you need to get laid by the person telling you "you really need to get laid" as if that will magically fix everything.

Anthracite_Impreza
4 hours ago, Hey you in the corner said:

The implication that you need to get laid by the person telling you "you really need to get laid" as if that will magically fix everything.

Magic wand ;)

4 hours ago, Hey you in the corner said:
21 hours ago, Azrael said:

You really need to get laid 

42 minutes ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

Magic wand ;)

The idea is that sex, being the work out it is, can be a great way to relieve tension and help people relax.

Everybody, can we all please remember the AVEN ToS clause on elitism. Fair enough saying that some things people say are annoying, but please make sure you avoid implying one orientation is better than another. Thank you, Skycaptain, moderator Musi-rants

When in video games like Mass Effect or Dragon Age people are all like "I want to bang everyone!!!!" and all I want is to just form friendships with the characters.

• 3 months later...
On 1/3/2017 at 6:20 AM, tgif said:

This happened to me recently

Her: So, do you have a boyfriend?

Me: Uh.. no..

Her: Oh okay, so you're like more academically driven. I'm the same way. 

In China, this is what people often presume about kids who do not want romance and sex at teenage years.

But as far as I know, these 'so called' heterosexual academically driven kids are much different from teen aces. These kids don't have that much desire to sexual stuff, but they certainly are not sex-indifferent. They don't talk about sex much, dislike oversexualisation, but DO experience attraction to the opposite gender (e.g. secret crushes.) They also DO have an interest in topics about romantic and sexual love. However, teenage aces are much different. We just don't care about sexual stuff and don't show any interest in it. As for me, I try to avoid topics like sex and I ignore those stuff people in my grade posted on social media about romance and sex. 

BTW: Some aces are also academically driven, but others are not. Ace is just a sexuality that has nothing to do with academic motivation. 

"If you're in a relationship and you don't want to have sex, then YOU'RE just being SELFISH!"

:blink: :angry:

"We're supposed to have sex.  IT'S IN THE BIBLE." 

:blink:

"Sex is a NEED.  I would "DIE"..."KILL MYSELF"..."GO INSANE"..."FEEL WORTHLESS"...if I didn't have sex."

"It's not HEALTHY (emotionally/physically or both) to not have sex." 

Friend: If you could have sex anyway you want, how would you do it?

Me: uhhhhhh, I don't know, never thought of it, besides, why are you even asking?!

Friend: Man you have to know, would you [insert long string of weird sexual stuff here], I know I would"

Me: That's weird dude, I dunno

^ I've had this, and many more, conversations like this with the same friend I used to have. But of course, he was a guy who would say something to intentionally "shock" a person or make them feel weird.

"I could have sex everyday...I can't understand why she always tells me no!" ~ another former friend

This said to me by my friend at the time who was angry at the fact that his then girlfriend stopped putting out for him because he was working her too hard to give it to him.

Skycaptain

Everyone, can we make sure to avoid elitism when posting here. Thanks Skycaptain moderator musi-rants 

• 2 weeks later...

"You're too pretty to be single"

"When you find "the one" you'll have kids and know what it's like to be "happily ever after"

"Are you sure you're not a robot?"

"Are you a nun?" 

"Grow up and be responsible, Peter Pan. You can't stay single forever"

"You're no fun, you don't even get the references!"

I personally don't know how they think that everyone has "the one" person they're destined for somehow. That doesn't even make sense!!!

YoungMaddie

Always act as if they have to feel bad for mt partner

"You're doing an open relarionship then, right? Because you can't meet her needs?"

(Which would be fine, but I'm uncomfortable with that and my girlfriend remembers to tell me "i dont need sex, you arenr a burden dont worry" so i know she doesnt need it)

"Oh jeez, I feel so sorry for your gf"

"Oh, so did your girlfriend break up with you then?"

"How do you have sex if you don't like it??"

Then if an older person finds out they suddenly turn into my doctor.

"That's unhealthy"

"Oh sweetheart, THAT'S why you're stressed all the time"

"Just try it, your life will be a whole lot better"

One night with me and you'll forget all about asexuality.

Archived