What Is Your Temperament Type?

Crystal7

Four Temperaments   

46 members have voted

1. 1. What is your dominant temperament on the Four Temperament scale?

• Choleric
    • Sanguine
    • Phlegmatic
    • Melancholic
    • Unsure

You may have noticed that Aona created a really cool thread about how asexuality relates to the Myers Briggs personality scale:

And that got me interested in how asexuals identify on the Four Temperament scale. You can find an explanation of the Four Temperaments here: https://www.catholicmatch.com/institute/temperaments/

Please cast your votes. :)

Choleric. :D

J. van Deijck

Choleric.

Just now, cavalier080854 said:

Mix of Choleric and Phlegmatic.

That is very unique, as those two are pretty contrasting. Which is your dominant?

Phlegmatic/melancholic. Who would've thought... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Large me:

Spoiler

eeyore-quotes-hd-wallpaper-2.jpg

Melancholic to a T (its been in my profile for a while now). Although I can understand people very well that have other temperaments. Alas, I am the self reflecting type and I am usually very mellow in most situations. My patience is profound. 

If I had to pick a sub type, I would most def be phlegmatic. But thats in just an "if" situation. I don't fancy myself as phlegmatic, apart from being even-tempered. 

HeWhoSingsAmongTheStars

Melancholic as the dominate trait and choleric as a close second

cavalier080854
3 minutes ago, Crystal7 said:

That is very unique, as those two are pretty contrasting. Which is your dominant?

Being in the military, you have to react fast to changes of circumstances, usually alone. Now in civilian life, I have to balance my speed with a consensual approach with others and have developed a more laid back attitude. But choleric alone, phlegmatic with others are the dominant traits.

Phlegmatic 100% for me

I'm a "not falling for that load of cobblers" 

Siimo van der fietspad

Are any music lovers aware of this?: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symphony_No._2_(Nielsen)

The movements of the symphony are intended to describe the four temperaments - Nielsen saw an engraving in a pub personifying them and that gave him the idea. Does it succeed?

I'm mixed choleric and sanguine. Which are also my favourite movements of the symphony.

Definitely a mix of melancholic and phlegmatic (voted melancholic but I have traits of both); I've always been described as serious/cynical and analytical yet even-tempered and possessing a dry sense of humor. I'm not a super popular person, but some people appreciate having someone who'll say it how it is.

3 hours ago, Siimo said:

Are any music lovers aware of this?: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symphony_No._2_(Nielsen)

The movements of the symphony are intended to describe the four temperaments - Nielsen saw an engraving in a pub personifying them and that gave him the idea. Does it succeed?

I'm mixed choleric and sanguine. Which are also my favourite movements of the symphony.

That's really neat, I didn't know that!

J. van Deijck
6 hours ago, Laplace said:

I've always been described as serious/cynical and analytical yet even-tempered and possessing a dry sense of humor.

Me too (well, except for the even-tempered part). Yet my temperament is different than yours :o 

Phlegmatic describes me the best.

As expected, I see a majority of votes for the introverted temperament types, but I am surprised at how there are more extrovert temperament votes here than on the Myers Briggs thread.

Except for the part about having a neat desk Melancholic seems to describe me pretty well. 

bittersweet988

Melancholic/ choleric.

• 4 weeks later...

Melancholic fits me best and the test I took came out with that too, with phlegmatic also coming up quite high. I think I fit most of the melancholic traits, apart from the neat desk thing lol.

Archived