Welcome to the WorldPride 2017 Madrid planning forum!

michaeld

SithAzathoth WinterDragon

I wish I was able to go, however I'm in Yellowstone all summer. I look forward to others in the future and hope that I get to go.

SithAzathoth WinterDragon
On 4/30/2017 at 5:19 AM, Deus Ex Zero said:

Darn! I can't take off from work in July :/ Too bad.

Good luck next year....

Just to be clear, there is no WorldPride next year though I'm sure there will be other events (not necessarily an international meet, but who knows). In theory the next WorldPride is in 2019 in New York but I don't know yet if it will involve an international ace meet and conference (if so, I think someone else will have to organise it).

So yeah, please do come to Madrid if you can. :P

I already have the train tickets to madrid for July the 1st

Hi!!!! =) I'm Maria, from Madrid. I'm looking forward to the time to meet you! What an illusion! =) I wanted to tell you some things and make a summary of plans that we can do here when you come:

June 26: this day from 15:00 to 16:30 will address the issue of asexuality at the World Conference of Human Rights. There will be a sign language interpreter. Although asexuality will only be treated in this space this day, over the days 26, 27 and 28 there will be many interesting talks. There is an entrance fee. Right now it's at € 20 for the three days. I put the link for those you want to attend.
This is the schedule with the different talks and topics that will be discussed:  http://www.worldpridemadrid2017.com/en/summit/schedule
This is the link where to buy the ticket: http://www.worldpridemadrid2017.com/en/summit/register

June 28: In Madrid, although many people do not know, two marches of pride are celebrated. The one of July 1 is the most well-known and multitudinous but has also lost much of the political claim that had pride in its beginnings. The big brands sponsor it and during those days our identities are a little "sold", in the end people do business with sexual, gender and relational dissidents. The march of June 28 is not as crowded as the other, there are no big floats or it is so colorful but it has an important political load. It shows that not only do we exist the days of pride, that can not sell a city gayfriendly when in our day to day they continue giving aggressions to dissident groups and nobody does anything, that we are not money nor products to sell. It is up to each one to decide what marches you want to go, they are not exclusive, you can go to one, two or none. I am going to go to both, the one of July 1 gives us a lot of visibility but this one has a political background that also has to fight. If you fancy going we will organize a group to go all together and you can go with us.

July 1: Official World Pride. It sure is great! =)

July 2: Conferences at the Círculo de Bellas Artes. Much desire to share this great day with you too.

Well, for now this is the calendar. I know a lot of people come the days before. I would like you to comment what you would like to do and maybe the people of Madrid could organize some more extra plan to share moments together. Madrid has many things to see and to enjoy and what better than to do it with people of the community and that we take advantage of having us so close! =)

This is it for now! A hug!!

P.D: The translation has made the Google translator ... was very long ... I hope you understand ... :rolleyes: if there is something wrong or someone does not understand something, ask, please ;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hola!!! Soy María, de Madrid. Estoy deseando que llegue ya el momento de encontrarnos!!! Qué ilusión! =) Os quería comentar algunas cosas y hacer un resumen de planes que podemos hacer por aquí cuando vengais:

26 de junio: este día de 15:00 a 16:30 se tratará el tema de la asexualidad en la conferencia mundial de derechos humanos. Habrá intérprete de lengua de signos. Aunque la asexualidad solo se tratará el día 26, en este espacion a lo largo de los días 26, 27 y 28 habrá numerosas charlas muy interesantes. Hay que coger entrada. Ahora mismo está en 20€ por los tres días. Os pongo el link para lxs que querais asistir.
Este es el horario con las diferentes charlas y los temas que se tratarán: www.worldpridemadrid2017.com/summit/agenda
Este es el link donde comprar la entrada: www.worldpridemadrid2017.com/summit/registro

28 de junio: En Madrid, aunque mucha gente no lo sabe, se celebran dos marchas del orgullo. La del día 1 de julio es la más conocida y multitudinaria pero también ha perdido gran parte de la reivindicación política que tenía el orgullo en sus inicios. Las grandes marcas la patrocinan y durante esos días nuestras idéntidades quedan un poco "vendidas", al final se hace negocio con nuestras identidades. La marcha del día 28 de junio no es tan multitudinaria como la otra, no hay grandes carrozas ni es tan vistosa pero tiene una carga política importante. Visibiliza que no solo existimos los dias del orgullo, que no pueden vender una ciudad gayfriendly cuando en nuestro día a día se siguen dando agresiones a los colectivos disidentes y nadie hace nada, que no somos dinero ni productos que vender. Es cosa de cada unx decidir a qué marchas le apetece ir, no son excluyentes, se puede ir a una, a las dos o a ninguna. Yo voy a ir a ambas, la del día 1 de julio nos da mucha visibilidad pero esta tiene un transfondo político que también hay que pelear. Si os apetece ir organizaremos un grupo para ir todxs juntxs y se puede unir quien quiera.

1 de julio: World Pride oficial. Seguro que es genial! =)

2 de julio: Conferencias en el Círculo de Bellas Artes. Muchas ganas de compartir también este gran día con vosotrxs.

Bueno, por ahora este es el calendario. Sé que mucha gente venís los días anteriores. Me gustaría que comentaseis qué os apetecería hacer y quizá la gente de Madrid podríamos organizar algún plan más extra para compartir momentos juntos. Madrid tiene muchas cosas que ver y disfrutar y qué mejor que hacerlo con gente de la comunidad y que aprovechemos el tenernos tan cerca! =)

Esto es todo por ahora! Un abrazo!!

Cualquier duda no dudeis en preguntar!! =)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Jetsun Milarepa

daft question coming up....looking through the threads trying to find out what time the march starts. Can anyone help?

1 hour ago, chandrakirti said:

daft question coming up....looking through the threads trying to find out what time the march starts. Can anyone help?

According to http://www.worldpridemadrid2017.com/en/prideparade the march starts at 6pm. I don't know how in advance one should go.

similarly daft question. Are we participating in the parade , or just bystanders?

Guest Jetsun Milarepa

Oh! there's a thought! Never occurred that we might not be able to join in! That would be a shame, we need all the representation we can get!

We are definitely participating! In fact we have two groups! Asexuality.org and ACEs. But we're next to each other so it doesn't matter too much which one you're in!

Thanks and sorry for not posting more details yet - swamped with other aspects of planning. We'll have a thread up soon for the march itself. But given an 1800 start I would definitely aim to be there for 1700. Also one quick tip: bring lots of water and sun tan cream. Apparently even this late in the day, they're sorely needed!

• Like 1

Regarding to what @michaeld said, one should be aware of two things. The first one is that the march will be only 10 days after the solstice, so on one of the longest days of the year. The second one is that, though Greenwich meridian crosses Spain, our clocks follow Central European time, which means 2h in advance w.r.t. the Sun in the summer. This is the explanation of why our meal schedule is 2h late w.r.t. the rest of Euwww.asexuality.org/comunidad/rope: we follow the Sun. Therefore, I advise you to check the Sun rise/set times apart of the weather forecast.

I really want to come!

but I'm 100% sure that my mother wouldn't allow this, 1 because I am not out an dim still fully discovering my sexuality. 2) my mom is sooo overprotective she's against me flying out alone especially as a 14 year old woman. 3) my mother isn't the type of person to encourage me into some type of lgbtq+ pride celebration.

is this going to be available next year? Because I would make an effort to go :)

Everyone may want to look a the weather forecast. Even by British standards Friday and Saturday are only going to be mild (22-25°c,) (14-17°c) at night, so those who like hot weather may want to pack a sweater or some such 

• Like 2
  • 5 years later...

(Below is an official, green, mod message.)

Hi, everyone. This event has finished.

So, it's being locked, due to necromancy.

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator