What is Your Ideal Relationship?

Flyaway4me

Guest Deus Ex Infinity
On 17.12.2016 at 11:10 PM, Flyaway4me said:

My ideal relationship(s) would be to have one primary partner with whom I live with, without children. We would have our own jobs but spend time together doing shared interests such as going to museums, going to the theatre and traveling together.

Sounds pretty much like me although I would also be fine with a having serious VR relationship or RL long-distance relationship, just as long as there would be a daily intense exchange of thoughts and coversation (chat, text messages, phone calls etc..).

Rosendust

As for me personally, I desire a relationship where I can be open and be loved for my orientation. And we'd bond over music(classic rock especially) and I'd be able to have my boundaries respected and understood. I volunteer at a local museum so they have to visit there at least once. And cuddling, is a huge thing for me-as long as they didn't pressure me into sex. Because it seems that my ending mark of my relationships has always been three months-I'd hope that it would last longer than that.

mystique_lx

for me, an ideal relationship is when we both get to live together, he would understand me and help me out of panik attacks and feed me lots of food, where we live with our pets and our children speaking with sarcasm and his old cranky grandparents and of course, his mother and father. I have never wanted a relationship where my partner would have to leave his parents out, I am a family person, I love helping old people and I am a pacifist.

• 4 weeks later...
J. van Deijck
On 17/12/2016 at 11:10 PM, Flyaway4me said:

We would have our own jobs but spend time together doing shared interests

that's how my relationship looks like and I am the happiest ever. :D

we live together, though. and make a small family that is us both and our two cats. :3

999papercranes

My ideal QPR would include us living together and supporting each other financially, maybe having a few pets. We'd cuddle a lot while watching movies and talk a lot and do fun things together like mountain biking and hiking and seeing movies that we think look cool. Basically like a live-in best friend and cuddle buddy. 

Someone who has got my back and I've got theirs, now and forever.  I want an ally, a comrade in the trenches, someone worth fighting or dying for, who'd do the same for me.  Someone who won't give that up if the war ends, and who won't give me up just because they've found someone else--who can still love me even if they love someone else.  Someone capable of choosing a relationship with me that transcends circumstance--not one which is simply convenient.

SamwiseLovesLife
On 17/12/2016 at 10:10 PM, Flyaway4me said:

My ideal relationship(s) would be to have one primary partner with whom I live with, without children. We would have our own jobs but spend time together doing shared interests such as going to museums, going to the theatre and traveling together.

Would love this :) But non romo, like a QPR

BookishTabby
On 1/1/2017 at 8:25 AM, sindi said:

At this point I think it would be with another girl (well, woman, but I still feel like a girl myself!). We wouldn't have to have like... all of the things in common, but we would need to be deeply on the same wavelength. It would be very much like being BFFs, but maybe some romantic or even sensual things thrown in. So, we wouldn't necessarily even live together, let alone have kids together, but the difference to normal friendship would be commitment  - not commitment to some routines that might get tiring (for example seeing each other constantly - I still would need my alone-time!), but the commitment to keeping our connection a priority, instead of for example getting into a closer relationship with someone else or just moving towns because of less than necessary reasons.

On 12/31/2016 at 9:45 PM, NerotheReaper said:

Well someone who will be accepting of me, my issues, and will love even on my bad days. (That seems simple, but it really isn't).

I want someone who I can cuddle up with, eat pizza with and watch Disney movies on a Friday night.  Would also be nice to have someone I can have a deep conversation with and be interested in what I am thinking and have to say. But then someone, who will also have a Nerf gun war with me in the house us having snowball fights being kids together. 

I feel like both @NerotheReaper and @sindi put into words how I feel. Cuddles, shared time together, and a commitment to each other.

DebtheDemi

Yeah, you really can't beat those things.

My ideal relationship is with someone who listens and remembers my words, even if he's not interested in what I'm saying, lol. Just someone who gets me, basically, who I gel with near perfectly. Someone who can hang at the beach, stargaze, chase meteor showers in the summer, but is perfectly fine sitting at home watching Netflix or whatever movie is on tv for the millionth time. Someone who understands my need for space (but also someone I'd probably forgo needing space for). A Christian foundation is very important to me, also.

I feel like I've described my ideal partner instead of the relationship, but you can't have one without the other, right?

Not too much cuddling for me, just because I eventually get antsy and want space, but certainly a little bit and staying near each other, spending time together and just learning each other. I want to say marriage once we've reached that stage and know we're in it for the long haul. I am interested in sex (or sex-curious at this point lol) but don't need it to live. I wouldn't mind a baby or two (I love babies), but we would have to mold them into children I would actually like (I don't think I've ever liked children, even when I was a child lol). Oh, and video games lol.

Probably just a run-of-the mill romantic relationship. Which fricking sucks because I can't seem to fricking figure out whether or not I'm aro.

Ideally I'd love to live with my partner as a family unit. We would adopt kids and be mum and dad to them. We'd cuddle, cook and sleep together. Raise amazing kids who are free to be whoever they are.

He would be there to support me and I'd do the same for him, we would both work (either in the home or outside) and have a social life with lots of friends and mutual friends and activities we enjoy doing. 

We would be close to our families and go on amazing vacations together with parents grandparents and siblings as well as all of the kids.

he would be the person who makes me smile at the thought of seeing them and who's absence makes me sad. 

DebtheDemi
On 6/8/2017 at 0:52 AM, yourcaptaiin said:

Probably just a run-of-the mill romantic relationship. Which fricking sucks because I can't seem to fricking figure out whether or not I'm aro.

Hopefully an aro can speak up and determine how you know you're aro. 

Queer platonic, most likely. I am not entirely sure if I am lithromantic or aromantic, so I won't be rushing to join asexual dating sites.

But my favourite 'couples' are those that are fictionally portrayed (at least hinted at) as being more queer platonic in nature.

If I felt strongly for a person in real life in a similar way that a 'crush' expresses itself, then I would likely navigate towards queer platonic.

Monogamous romantic relationship (I'm panromantic), living together in a house or living close to each other but not in the same house/flat. They could have children and pets, I'd welcome them into the family :) I'd prefer an introverted person who doesn't need much social time but it's not totally averse to it. Could be someone on autistic spectrum as I'm mildly autistic myself, so maybe we would understand each other better. Fellow Buddhist would be great :) Quieter, gentle soul, not very emotionally intense.

I'd like cuddles and gentle kissing and little sensual pleasures - back massage, candle-lit baths together... and only very rarely - sex (would be fine if there was none at all, so it's mostly if they wanted it sometimes). I don't think I could handle someone clinging to me at all times, so we'd need to give each other space.  

Someone with a very low sex drive / someone who's okay with me rarely wanting to do more than cuddling and kissing. This destroyed a large percentage of my relationships so far.
We would hang out a lot, take walks in the park, talk about nerdy things, go to concerts, show each other some new songs which we stumbled across and just be adorable together.

Later in life: Living in the same house / flat. 2 kids, pet(s) (I don't really care what pets, but I think reptiles are fucking awesome), still talking about nerdy things and enjoying music together. I don't really like the system of "Man makes money, woman does kids and house stuff", so I would prefer her to have a job that she's very passionate about and us sharing all of the family and house things.

Not very religious would be good as well, since I'm an atheist and when I dated a very religious girl, it sometimes was a challenge for both of us.

My ideal partner and relationship is a good vpn so I can freakin get the US Netflix.

8 minutes ago, Saesha said:

My ideal partner and relationship is a good vpn so I can freakin get the US Netflix.

Checkout StackSocial. (Friendly reminder to read reviews some VPNs are shady)

GRexCarolinii

I'm incredibly fussy and particular, so this could get long and very specific...

I'm incredibly romantic; like sappy, cries-at-everything-lovey romantic. 
So would want someone at the very least understanding of that. 

I'm also an avid cuddler
so the main thing i want is some I can just... be on that level of comfort with all the time
Like just... casually sitting on each other, watching films curled up, playing games
Even better would being able to do the above in minimal clothing when the heat gets too warm, or underneath a fluffy blanket if it's not quite warm enough. I like skin-on-skin contact, but too often it has to be sexual, and that ruins my feeling of safety with a person. 
That said, I'd also wanted someone open to the very very rare sexual thing... not because I desire it per se, but I like the closeness it can form... 
A gray-ace/demi person would be ideal, and someone who understands how personal and emotional it is.

I'd want someone who I can spend the majority of moments with, but would still be encouraging of alone time on occasion (I have a tendency to isolate myself, so would be great to have someone who discourages that tendency). 

I'd like someone to share big romantic adventures and holidays with, to go on dates, and do exciting and unexpected things.
but also someone to share the boring times with too. Cooking together on an evening, waking up next to, taking a cheeky shower together. And being completely silly with. 
Someone who can put up with me and my excited nature, that I can share the things I love, and they'll like my passion for unimportant things. 

In the long-term, I want a wedding, no-kids (though could be talked into adopting), and at least 1 pet parrot.
Also a place to call home :3

Think it's all pretty much... an impossibility >.>

I'd say I just want everything involved in a 'typical' relationship minus the relationship.  I really want to be able to plan a wedding and get married and have kids (I'm thinking adoption but I may consider trying for 1 biological child) and either a cat or a dog :) 

• 2 weeks later...
Lonemathsytoothbrushthief

I guess the fact I now feel very specific about this speaks to me being clearly either grayromantic or demiromantic(honestly can't tell, I have had romantic attraction to people I got to know for a while but then it's vanished during the relationship so it's sort of like...both!?) haha ^_^

I am now very intense politically and can't tell if this will last because, well, aspie interests go by so quickly. But I think I will need a QPP most likely who isn't an intellectual(I've been at uni for ages but never really felt intelligent per se and seriously low on confidence here) but is serious about being active in a number of ways. whether that's activism, rock climbing, martial arts or fuck knows because I've only just discovered the part of myself which REEEEEALLY wants to do stuff like this! :D

But I don't know which gender they'll be. I kind of feel averse to being with anyone who feels they need sex and at least for the moment this makes me less inclined to trust men, I know it's not something to be generalised but for the moment that's how I feel, I don't know if this has been contributed to by some combination of icky flirty comments and me not thinking of myself as female(which is kind of awkward with things like sexting, even though I hate it anyway). I'll also need them to be okay with not having big groups of friends, because to be honest in that situation I'll probably shut down, have to walk away and feel horrid if they're still there. That might not stay the same though, I mean I feel more confident in being alone, independent and stuff already.

I think the best way to summarise it is, I feel like I need someone who lives fully in the present, and has as ever shifting a personality as I do :D I feel kind of unusual in this sense, I mean somehow I feel a much greater connection to the world around me than I do to myself from yesterday, or last week, or 3 years ago. I feel like my long term memory is actually seriously bad, and it can feel a little awkward-my mum told me about us riding horses in Turkey about 8yrs ago and I literally couldn't remember it ever happening. But I'm fine as I am, so I just would love to find someone who also has this feeling.

It's possible I'll just have loads of good friends in the end, but it would be nice to be able to cuddle, live together or nearby and work/do other stuff together, though I think to some extent I don't really want to do things like kissing unless I'm actually romantically attracted to them...and that can be awkward if the romance fades and I just want to cuddle -_-

...Actually, having thought it through, the fact that I feel like I change a lot quite regularly would suggest a very small scale polyamorous relationship...Maybe just three of us haha ^_^

Spannerlver

So, in the short term, until I have an actual house of my own and a full time job and all of those lovely after college things, I'm really not sure if I need a romantic partner. But I need more friends in college that will just let me lay on their shoulders, and get what I'm saying when I flail my arms wildly insdead of actually talking. If I find something romantic on my way through, I'll be the happiest campers, but right now I just need some friends in the same state.

For the long term, I would love for me and a romantic partner to live out on the edge of a little nowhere town, raising up a good handful of kids we adopted and a good herd of animals. Someone to hold me up when everything is falling down, someone to be that smile in the morning and a peck on the cheek on the way to work. My road trip navigator and someone to tell me to take it easy on the kids.

Friends would be close enough that they could come over and have sleepovers if they wanted to (my mom and her best friend did this up till they were 30 and I see no reason not to) I want us both to have those friends we can lean on close enough like a family, and that neither of us should treat them any differently from family. 

Speaking on that, I want it to be a place where family is always welcome, so that living room wrestling matches, 10people trying to fit on 1 couch with 5 dogs, all of that, that should be my ideal relationships.

These are the wishes, does anyone have a wishing fish?

I just want that the ,,weird,, beautiful boy that i like and he seems to not be interested in women to be asexual(and this will explain a lot why he doesn t flirt) .

I have the cute and nice and clever and thoughtful wife, who is good to our kids. Happy about cooking, good at it as well. Wants both of us to have our own private space. Loves me. 

This is what I have lost during our 10+ years:

Cuddles

kisses on a daily basis

hugs for more than two seconds

sexual desire from her

it may seem like only a few things, but it is what nourishes my "feeling-like-she-loves-me" and on bad days, this is what nourishes my depressionlike state of "...so, I guess I am not good enough!"

Guest Deus Ex Infinity

Honestly? I'm either gonna get married to myself (what a nightmare *lol) or fictional love. The world's changing faster and faster every day now. Solid monogamous relationships doesn't match social expectations anymore. It's an old fashioned concept, which shall be extinguished soon enough.

I'd want to be with someone who enjoys traveling and trying new things. I like going out and being spontaneous but my anxiety makes it very hard, I'd need someone outgoing to nudge me. They'd be okay with snuggling and kissing. Tbh I'm kinda picky and would prefer them to be an artist like me. Not necessarily as their profession but I'd love to be able to collaborate with them and challenge each other to be even greater. We'd live together with a couple cats and have our own rooms for some space.

drjohnhwatson

I want someone to be my best fried.  Someone I can turn to, in thick and thin.  Someone who is my partner in crime.  Someone who gets my humour.  Someone who shares at least a few of my hobbies.  Someone who enjoys staying home and not going out every night, but who enjoys going to a museum, or to the theatre, or to the cinema.  Someone who might be creative, or at least appreciates the arts.  Someone who likes to travel and someone who enjoys being around animals.

Just a quiet relationship.  Beginning to seem completely out of my grasp, however.  :/.

Anomaly Q3Xr

My ideal relationship would be with an asexual partner (gender irrelevant) who doesn't want sex, and who I will eventually live with.  With or without kids, I don't mind.  A monogamous relationship.

Someone I can spend time going to museums, or other day trips to random places with.

Someone who enjoys cuddles, but not kissing so much.  I don't mind the odd peck, but I'm not into passionate snogging.

Someone who doesn't have a dog, or at least not a big one, as I'm terrified.

Someone who will accept that I need some alone time to work on my own projects.

Someone loving and loyal, who I can trust and be open with.

If I don't live with them, someone who will be in contact daily, text, messenger, etc.

My ideal relationship is one based on respect, tolerance without romance and few contact. LMAO Basically a friendship.

Digs_Dead_People

My ideal (romantic) relationship would involve someone that I love and someone who understands my wants and needs.  We would be able to be together yet also have our own space.  I would be able to take baths alone and go to sleep in my own bed (excluding my pets).  We would cuddle, kiss, hug, etc. and the relationship would be entirely monogamous; I don't share my partners and it would make me highly uncomfortable if they wanted to see other people.  The relationship would also be built on trust and we would be able to do things together such as traveling and moving to a variety of places.

Overall, it would be a caring relationship where each of us has our needs met to the best of our abilities.

Archived