What is Your Ideal Relationship?

Flyaway4me

Hello Lovelies,

I am aromantic and demi-sexual. As of today, this is my ideal relationship(s). 

My ideal relationship(s) would be to have one primary partner with whom I live with, without children. We would have our own jobs but spend time together doing shared interests such as going to museums, going to the theatre and traveling together.

I also wish to have a small network of platonic non-sexual cuddle partners with whom I have dates once a week with. My partner would have the same privilege. I would not live with them, but they would hopefully live nearby. They are free to have their own partners as well. I would be best friends with all my cuddle partners, and we would emotionally support each other. My primary partner would know them, and hopefully be friends with them as well.

Best,

Em

Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet

My  ideal relationship:

QPR. In my ideal QPR, I would live with my platonic partner. I personally wouldn't have more then one QPR, but my platonic partner can have  more then 1 platonic partner if he or she wishes. NO KIDS. We ( me and my QPR)  would have our own jobs, but we'd always spend time together kissing and cuddling each other :redface: 

Technically, My ideal QPR would be a real life platonic version of  Ruby and sapphire's relationship (minus the fusion part lol)

su__rubysapphire_by_shounenraccoon-d8lgr

biancaboricua13

Hmmmm....well a cuddle partner would be ideal. Someone that understands that I show I care though actions and don't do cling. Someone that has their own activities and friends as well, but doesn't mind going out and exploring the world (or the town)(not really the cityscape but nature). 

My ideal relationship is like this one i have now. A deep close friendship with the guy i love most in the world. Love like a spiritual partner, a brotherly love. We've been close for years, we had good times, and a few arguments but this wonderful friendship overcame all of that. Cuddle, but naturally no kisses, no sex (eww), never ever. Our relationship is one of my dearest treasures in life. All these years we shared thoughts, so much common things, thoughts, moments, happiness, sorrow, we travelled, we supported each other in the hardest moments of life.

We wanted to share a house (each one with a own room - we need privacy as well) a small humble rural house with a yard, (even better if it was in the mountain/countryside), and hike in the mountains, take care of pets, play music and grow vegetables. More than obviously - NO children of course.

Simple and humble life, together, having the best time possible with the simple things in life, with the beauty of nature - but this would be all that we would need.

The problem is that we cannot be together anymore. Only maybe a couple of weeks/months per year. I am often working abroad because the sh*tty labour market here in Portugal is awful, huge unemployment, underpaid and precarious jobs, corruption, terrible salaries that dont allow to make a living. I cannot pay the basics of a living here.

My dearest friend is struggling with problems in the family and at work, his mother is ill, he is dealing with terrible hardships and me too, and we cannot even be together. We miss each other terribly and he is very depressed, i am afraid that one of these days something bad happens to him, i would be devastated, i dont know how would i live without him :(

Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet
3 minutes ago, Sibemarie said:

My ideal relationship is like this one i have now. A deep close friendship with the guy i love most in the world. Love like a spiritual partner, a brotherly love. We've been close for years, we had good times, and a few arguments but this wonderful friendship overcame all of that. Cuddle, but naturally no kisses, no sex (eww), never ever. Our relationship is one of my dearest treasures in life. All these years we shared thoughts, so much common things, thoughts, moments, happiness, sorrow, we travelled, we supported each other in the hardest moments of life.

We wanted to share a house (each one with a own room - we need privacy as well) a small humble rural house with a yard, (even better if it was in the mountain/countryside), and hike in the mountains, take care of pets, play music and grow vegetables. More than obviously - NO children of course.

Simple and humble life, together, having the best time possible with the simple things in life, with the beauty of nature - but this would be all that we would need.

The problem is that we cannot be together anymore. Only maybe a couple of weeks/months per year. I am often working abroad because the sh*tty labour market here in Portugal is awful, huge unemployment, underpaid and precarious jobs, corruption, terrible salaries that dont allow to make a living. I cannot pay the basics of a living here.

My dearest friend is struggling with problems in the family and at work, his mother is ill, he is dealing with terrible hardships and me too, and we cannot even be together. We miss each other terribly and he is very depressed, i am afraid that one of these days something bad happens to him, i would be devastated, i dont know how would i live without him :(

*giving you hugs*

My ideal relationship is one in which I have enough freedom to to have my space and to enter my partner's space, In which I could trust my partner and we had lots of stuff in common.
I'd love to have someone who understands me, have loads of patiene and know things I don't. I don't mind about genders but I would rly feel comfortable If we didn't have to had sex. All the other couple stuff is alright, I kiss, cuddle, marry, alright.

I wouldn't care also for where do we live a long as we are together. I don't mind children, as long as they are not biological. I also don't mind pets, and I wouldn't mind anything if I didn't have to watch them, I have dreams and can't let them go to be a housewife.

I just want somebody to love the real me unconditionally and til we die. But sometimes it feels like asking for too much.

Hey lovelies, new to AVEN. 

My ideal relationship is essentially just to have a best friend; someone open to spending time together exploring the city or doing nothing at all, willing to binge watch shitty movies (as well as epic space operas), someone who can make me laugh, is willing to be there to support and help me through rough moments, etc. Appreciation for art, writing, and music would be nice. Hopefully can handle spending time in the rain. Must be someone willing to take things slowly, and is alright with drawing the line at cuddles and kisses. Nothing more. Must not be clingy, and needs to have their own life and interests. Genuine as a person and with their love. Can deal with a scatterbrained novelist who constantly leaves books everywhere and listens to grunge at three in the morning while baking cookies. 
As well, I essentially have my ideal future planned out; will require alteration if a partner were to come into question, but it can be arranged if the person is someone I care about.    

36 minutes ago, AVEN #1 fan said:

My ideal relationship is one in which I have enough freedom to to have my space and to enter my partner's space, In which I could trust my partner and we had lots of stuff in common.
I'd love to have someone who understands me, have loads of patiene and know things I don't. I don't mind about genders but I would rly feel comfortable If we didn't have to had sex. All the other couple stuff is alright, I kiss, cuddle, marry, alright.

I wouldn't care also for where do we live a long as we are together. I don't mind children, as long as they are not biological. I also don't mind pets, and I wouldn't mind anything if I didn't have to watch them, I have dreams and can't let them go to be a housewife.

I just want somebody to love the real me unconditionally and til we die. But sometimes it feels like asking for too much.

Similar stuff to this really, though I wouldn't mind biological kids. Would have to be someone that could cope with my hyperactive moments, and my lethargy when it rears its head. A love of art would be nice, an eclectic music taste would also help though is by no means a requirement. Someone that I can sit up with cuddling and setting the world to rights, someone that has their own opinions and isn't shy about challenging me on mine.

Probably more but that's all I've got right now.

Scattered Ambitions

Really all I want is a best friend. No romantic stuff, like cuddling or kissing or anything, just a best friend. Hopefully I'd live with them, but if I didn't, as long as I could visit them all the time everything would be good.

I would have a mangomous romantic relationship with one person. I don't really want the trouble of involving others. Romantic is defintely different from platonic for me even when you subtract the sexual parts from it. 

I don't want children and we'd live alone together. I could probably be convinced to adopt children, but only after I'm 30 and more settled in my life. Gender is irrelevant since I'm pan-romantic.

I like getting out and doing things, but I also would need a lot of personal space. I don't like the feel of someone else on me too much. I don't do the cuddling or sleeping really close together very well. That just keeps me up at night and the rest likely to trigger my restlessness. 

I'm not super particular about interest since mine change with the seasons. Just appreciate science and video games with me. I get a bit political heavy and sometimes I just don't have much to say. We wouldn't spend every waking moment together either. That's just absurd. 

My career would be very seperate from my personal life. I don't really see where that would ever fit in well unless it was just the right cicrumstances. 

But despite all these little annoyances I'm a very romantic person. I'll do the fun little surprises. I like writing journals to my partners for example. I'd hope similar small thoughtful jesters would be returned. 

I think I expect too much and have too many odd spots that many don't take well though. 

Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet
31 minutes ago, Altroid said:

I don't really want the trouble of involving others. Romantic is defintely different from platonic for me even when you subtract the sexual parts from it. 

Very true. If I ever do get into a romantic relationship, it MUST be monogamous. It wouldn't bother me too much if,say in a QPR, my platonic partner finds another person she or he likes and wants to be in a QPR with that other person. For me, a QPR may be more then a friendship, but it isn't a romantic relationship,so I'd be willing to talk with my QPP and see what works well for the both of us. But when It comes to romantic relationships, I can see myself being very jealous.

If any one even wants to try to be in my romantic relationship I'd be like:

f_8c753d88b4.jpg

Ideal relationship would be:

Monogamous romantic relationship with few demands, I'm not a big fan of "you can't do that, this or that". Since we're saying ideal, they'd like to kiss (no tongue), cuddle and hug a lot. And never want sex from it. They'd also really love animals and be OK with how obsessive I can be with my pets. And not want kids, unless maybe one day adopting one.

Ideal relationship would be with someone with whom I could share quiet moments cuddling on the couch watching crap TV or movies, or have long conversations late into the night.

Tempered with bursts of spontaneity like going out to dinner somewhere fancy or just bumming off to the coast of a weekend to hang out and stare at the sea.

Someone to share interests with.

Essentially a traditional relationship but without the sex.

I'm pretty vanilla that way.

I've thought about, though, whether I could maintain this with a sexual person who occasionally indulges in their desire with other people. 

I think... I THINK I'd be okay with it to be honest. They have a desire that I don't experience and I'm not in the business of making people deny themselves what makes them feel good.

I suppose if these encounters began to impact on the relationship emotionally I'd be pretty sad about that but again, I'm not going to try to change someone. C'est la vie, if that happened one of us would end the relationship and I'd bury my sadness under going a touch mental for a while, running away from my life to somewhere odd and becoming a flower arranger or a bus conductor or something.

TL;DR: a traditional relationship minus the sex, possibly with allowances for a sexual partner to engage in meaningless casual encounters with others if they wanted.

STL;DRTE: Regular, hold the sex please.

My ideal relationship is monogamous and romantic. I'm heteroromantic so it would be with a guy. I'd like a relationship where we are truly equal partners with similar views on faith/ religion, children, morality, life goals, and sexual orientation. Differences are welcomed in less important areas. I don't think I could date a guy who was not ace because I'd only be interested in someone who would be faithful in a long-term relationship. Being a repulsed ace in such a relationship likely would not last. My S/O and I would have an accepting, loving relationship without sex.

I may have a predominant repulsion with romance and sex (specifically when it is abused and wrongfully influenced in more ways than one, though I am a bit positive and open-minded despite it), I have a bit of me desiring an ideal monogamous 'unusual non-traditional relationship'.

I'd love to meet a guy who is severely open-minded about everything: me being a gray-aroflux and gray-aceflux, religion, politics (which I'm repulsed with and hate discussing about), LGBT rights, single parenthood by choice, my repulsion and cynicism with the modern media and entertainment's 'influences', opposite likes and dislikes, opposite spaces and boundaries, opposite different hobbies and interests, a less to no-need of always be doing kissing and/or romantic and/or sexual activities, et cetera; others too many to mention. 

I'd start with as acquaintances, then take really small steps until we become friends until we're really close, then see where our entire friendly/platonic relationship takes us. If the dating and/or relationship phase doesn't happen or progress, we can just remain as close friends. If he agrees, we can raise children together as co-parents; whether biological (naturally conceived is possible, but with both of our well-thought-of agreed-upon consents, or through AI or IVF), foster or adopted. Have separate rooms if ever the whole 'moving in' phase happens.

If the dating and/or relationship phase happens, we'll still take it really slow. Like, really, really slow. Marriage may or may not be involved in the picture; and if it doesn't; a long-term/domestic partnership or a civil partnership (which I am hoping it'll be legalized along with LGBT marriage someday here). Kids are still in the picture; whether biological (still agreed-upon well-thought consent if natural, AI or IVF), foster or adopted.

I know a lot of the people in my life will not be happy, even more, unaccepting; about my plan and decision to not go the traditional route of relationships, family and marriage; but this is my decision. And I don't damn care if everyone will turn against me and hate me. This is my choice.

fatal flower-boy

I picture my ideal relationship with someone I'm really comfortable around, and who understands me, because I'm not comfortable around many people.  I think the only thing I would want is just hugging, and maybe holding hands, maybe. I picture this person to be my best best best friend.  They are someone I can laugh with, tell stupid jokes to, and travel everywhere with! Someone who doesn't take life so seriously. We would play video games together all day, go to concerts,  and go shopping! Because, I love shopping.

It's really nothing romantic that I want, but at the same time, I dont want them to see other people. 

If this doesn't happen

I'm okay with being single forever

.;'`* \(`u`  )/*`';.

Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet
12 minutes ago, fatal flower-boy said:

If this doesn't happen

.;'`* \(`u`  )/*`';.

Same here.

14 minutes ago, fatal flower-boy said:

If this doesn't happen

.;'`* \(`u`  )/*`';.

Same, too. If there's no relationship at all, whether be friendly-platonic or romantic, I'm still fine being single. More cake and ice cream for me xD

Sunflowerfield

Since I'm a sexual/romantic person, for a long time I assumed that a monogamous, heterosexual marriage (without kids) would be the pinnacle of relationships - especially since I'm a Christian, and in many church circles marriage is held up as the ultimate ideal. Also, I wouldn't feel right about having sex outside of marriage.

However, recently I've been realising that if I got into a monogamous marriage, most guys wouldn't be okay with me having intimate QPRs and cuddle buddy relationships... so I'm starting to question whether traditional marriage is the right path for me. I think I'd like to have a committed platonic partner (preferably someone ace or committed to celibacy for religious reasons), who gives lots of hugs and cuddles - and is okay with me having other cuddle buddies and close relationships.

I think I would be open to either - a monogamous, romantic/sexual marriage, or a committed queerplatonic life partner and housemate. Of course, if I could get married and keep my cuddle buddies/QPRs that would be ideal, but it seems like it's very difficult to find people who would tolerate that - especially people who share my faith.

Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet
8 hours ago, karnzter said:

Same, too. If there's no relationship at all, whether be friendly-platonic or romantic, I'm still fine being single. More cake and ice cream for me xD

You got that right!

raw

Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet
7 hours ago, Sunflowerfield said:

Since I'm a sexual/romantic person, for a long time I assumed that a monogamous, heterosexual marriage (without kids) would be the pinnacle of relationships - especially since I'm a Christian, and in many church circles marriage is held up as the ultimate ideal. Also, I wouldn't feel right about having sex outside of marriage.

However, recently I've been realising that if I got into a monogamous marriage, most guys wouldn't be okay with me having intimate QPRs and cuddle buddy relationships... so I'm starting to question whether traditional marriage is the right path for me. I think I'd like to have a committed platonic partner (preferably someone ace or committed to celibacy for religious reasons), who gives lots of hugs and cuddles - and is okay with me having other cuddle buddies and close relationships.

I think I would be open to either - a monogamous, romantic/sexual marriage, or a committed queerplatonic life partner and housemate. Of course, if I could get married and keep my cuddle buddies/QPRs that would be ideal, but it seems like it's very difficult to find people who would tolerate that - especially people who share my faith.

Yes, I have been thinking whether  marriage is for me as well. I'm not too big on romance. I can live with or without it. I honestly like the idea of having a QPR. And it would be ideal for me as well for me to be married and have a QPR as well,but the chances to find other folks that would tolerate it would be pretty slim :/

In fact, for me, the more I think about it, the more I realize QPRs maybe better for me then  Marriage.

A council of very close friends, like a carefully elected family. We could sit in silence amongst each other and take part in completely different activities, but at the same time we could start a conversation and be knee deep in any subject. Small talk would be unnecessary. We could call upon one another to celebrate successes or mourn dark days. Ideally we would live close to one another.

I already have a relationship like this, but we're separated by a few hundred miles due to unfortunate circumstances. :-(

Sunflowerfield

Just want to say I'm really enjoying this thread... it's fascinating to see what people's ideal relationship/s would be like. :)

On December 18, 2016 at 11:16 AM, Fortune said:

Ideal relationship would be with someone with whom I could share quiet moments cuddling on the couch watching crap TV or movies, or have long conversations late into the night.

Tempered with bursts of spontaneity like going out to dinner somewhere fancy or just bumming off to the coast of a weekend to hang out and stare at the sea.

Someone to share interests with.

^^^^^ THIS RIGHT HERE 

Archived