Zzzzzzz....

Snao Cone

AVENites and Sleep  

131 members have voted

1. 1. How much sleep do you get on an average night?

• 9+ hours
    • 7-8
    • 6-7
    • 4-6
    • 0-4
  2. 2. How much sleep do you need to feel your best?

• 9+ hours
    • 7-8
    • 6-7
    • 4-6
    • 0-4
  3. 3. How much sleep do you need, at minimum, to function properly?

• 9+ hours
    • 7-8
    • 6-7
    • 4-6
    • 0-4
  4. 4. Do you have a diagnosed sleeping disorder?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, but not officially diagnosed
  5. 5. Do your online habits affect your sleep (i.e. do you stay up late on AVEN or other websites)?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe/I can't tell

This poll is closed to new votes

My sleep pattern is all over the place and lately I have been struggling to get more than 6 hours. Hopefully a book my friend has lent to me will help me sleep better. I find getting lost in a good interesting book at night has helped in the past 😴💤

WhenSummersGone

I need lots of sleep so 9+ hours. I'm sure I have a disorder or it's just my depression. I do have a hard time putting down my phone.

I had horrific insomnia up until a few months ago. I used to sleep less than five hours a night and it was that way all through my teens and 20s. Now suddenly I feel like death if I don't sleep 10+ hours :rolleyes:

Hermit Advocate

I have 2 sleeping disorders, delayed sleep phase syndrome (DSPS) and Non-24. I was almost a middle school dropout because of them. 6 hours of sleep a night is like heaven to me.

I laugh at people who say they have insomnia, they no nothing of sleep deprivation. 

I sleep an average of 5-6hrs (not an option in the poll lol). I need 9+ to feel rested. My brain just needs more sleep due to my sleep disorders/mental disorders. If left alone, I can sleep up to 16hrs just fine. I've no idea why I can. I suffer from intense hypnagogic hallucinations and sleep anxiety/PTSD. If I get deprived (not getting at least 5 hours that night) they happen way more frequently. I also sleepwalk on occasion. I'm pron to frequent hyptnic twitches and jolts too. Which suck. XD I guess I have the most problems just getting to sleep to begin with. 

If I don't get at least 6 hours of sleep I can't do shit. Ideally I'd like at least 8, though 9 or 10 is best. I end up taking a lot of naps. 

Lately I've been having major problems falling asleep and/or waking up in the middle of the night and not being able to fall back asleep.  My mother says it's because I spend too much time on my phone. I ignore her.

I've tried melatonin supplements but almost every time I've taken them I've woken up in the middle of the night. And they make me groggy in the morning.

i try to get 7-8 but i am a bad sleeper

Whoops. Forgive me. I almost never notice the last options in polls... Pretend my 4-6s are actually 0-4s! I'll say what I voted anyway. 

1. 4-6. Insomnia all my life. It's always been rare that I get more than 4 hours. I have been getting a bit more lately. While my meds don't help me fall asleep like they should (quite pissed about that), they help me stay asleep.

2&3. 4-6. My body is used to the little amount of sleep. I'm a morning and night person, which is truly great! 

4. Yes, diagnosed insomnia. 

5. Yes but normally in a good way. It actually helps... I fall asleep using AVEN all the time XD 

It varies with me lately. I've been in a lot of pain for several months now, and it only seems to be getting worse. I can only get into one semi-ok position when I go to bed, and I naturally move around when I sleep. Every time I get into a really painful position, I wake up. Feels like I've been hit by a truck in the morning. I think I've ranged about 3 to 4 hours in total for sleep. I know I do sleep a bit, but not much. What I try to shoot for, normally, is 8 to 9 hours. I probably am at my best with that. Hopefully, my gastroenterologist will figure out this mystery pain soon, and I can finally sleep for a normal amount of time.

• 3 months later...
SithAzathoth WinterDragon

I  can only sleep up to 6 hours each night, if I go over 6 hours I will not feel very well the whole day. I'll be sore, I'll have a headache and be very tired or I'll not be able to sleep the next night.

Damn, I don't know. I wake up a lot during the night, like maybe 3-5 times. I guess on average I'd have to say 6-7 hours sleep. To feel my best, 9 hours sleep. Minimum to function, hmm maybe 7-8 hours. I haven't been diagnosed with a sleeping disorder, I just have a difficult time falling asleep mostly because I can't find the most comfortable position to sleep in or it's because my mind just won't shut the fuck up to let me sleep in peace. I can't tell if my online habits affect my sleep. It probably does in some ways since I'm usually looking at my iPad while I'm getting ready to go to sleep.

54 minutes ago, Starscream said:

Damn, I don't know. I wake up a lot during the night, like maybe 3-5 times. I guess on average I'd have to say 6-7 hours sleep. To feel my best, 9 hours sleep. Minimum to function, hmm maybe 7-8 hours. I haven't been diagnosed with a sleeping disorder, I just have a difficult time falling asleep mostly because I can't find the most comfortable position to sleep in or it's because my mind just won't shut the fuck up to let me sleep in peace. I can't tell if my online habits affect my sleep. It probably does in some ways since I'm usually looking at my iPad while I'm getting ready to go to sleep.

omg this is exactly like me!

12 minutes ago, Snow Cone said:

omg this is exactly like me!

First our hair, now this! :P

My body naturally wants 7hrs

About 3 times a year or less I tend to eat a night of insomnia, but it's usually before something I find really exciting. I'm not the best at calming the ol' brain down when I'm going to Disneyland or something the next day :lol:

SamwiseLovesLife

8 hours average, sometimes 7/9- and that's what I need :) Less than 5 for more than 2 nights makes me groggy

I always sleep 7-8 h no matter which time I go to bed. Sometimes when I must get up earlier for some reasons when I o back home in the evening I always have a short nap. Sometimes I stay late when I browse Internet or watch anime or tv-shows.

Hermit Advocate

I'm jealous of all of you who can get 7-9 hours of sleep on a regular basis. 

I most of the time, sleep only up to 6 hours. I have a biological clock that doesn't let me sleep more than that each night, except in weekends. 

But there are weeks I can't get more 3 hours of sleep for night and still function normally. 

I may feel like a zombie and look like one, but I still can work normally and act like I slept 8, which is what I think is the ideal. 

I don't have a diagnosed sleep disorder or I think I have one, but it takes me a long time to fall asleep, I strange always when I have to change beds or pillows and I have lots of bad dreams. I normally also wake up more than once at night and then can't fall asleep again. Other times I have so many dreams of deaths that I try to sleep the less possible, so I don't have more dreams. 

The Internet also has a role on it, but most of the time, its to tire me out, so I can sleep after. Or to occupy me when I can't or don't want to sleep when I'm feeling paranoid. 

Guest Jetsun Milarepa

I tend to go to bed at 10.30/11pm and manage till 06.30 when my living alarm clock, aka the cat wakes me up, usually with a song and a tap on the nose. Sometimes I'm happy about this, sometimes not, especially when she mistakes Saturday and Sunday for working days.

• 9 months later...

@Snao Cone

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived