AceCon America

scarletlatitude

scarletlatitude

** Copied from Facebook with permission **

Hi everyone! A month ago I had posted about some of the groups gathering for support in the LGBT+ community. Bouncing off of that, I wanted to bring your attention to the group AceCon America, which is a collection of people aiming to create the USA's very own AceCon! Plans are still being fleshed out and the location is currently unknown - but I am one of the board members so you better believe that if we can generate interest I will be aiming to make Philadelphia our location - and we can really use all the help we can get as far as planning, advertising, fundraising, etc. Even if you just join the group and turn off notifications, you're still helping a ton by making our group larger and more visible to those who may be willing to do a little more to contribute.

As far as I know, we are also actively looking for volunteers for either board or con-working positions. This is going to be a great way to reach out to other members of the asexual community plus will be a great community service/resume-builder opportunity, so please consider lending a hand! I am not the one calling the shots so I don't know for sure yet, but I am anticipating us needing a lot of help not only for day-of workers but also for artists, writers, and other promotional activities prior to the con. Plus, I am going to be in charge of vendors - if you or anyone you know is even vaguely interested (ace or not!), I will be happy to talk with you about potentially selling stuff at our con!

Here is their Facebook group page for more information: https://www.facebook.com/groups/222199948210427/

• 3 weeks later...

would this be open to Canadians too, and can it be the North American con?

scarletlatitude
17 hours ago, Vicky Angel said:

would this be open to Canadians too, and can it be the North American con?

You would have to go to their facebook page and ask them. I am just sharing the information. I'm not involved in the planning as of right now. ;) 

Archived