Am I fictosexual???

Moonstruck Dragon

Moonstruck Dragon

I'm new to all of this. I recently came to the conclusion that I am Ace. But I don't really understand masturbation/orgasams and sexual attraction. I've never wanted to have sex with a real person (though I did fantasize once), but I think I might have been sexually attracted to anime guys... Only anime/animated, no other fictional characters.

I'm really confused!!!! I'm almost 18, a virgin, and I never was given "the talk". There is so much I don't know or understand!!!

So you've wanted sex with fictional characters? And you've never masturbated or have tried and cant get aroused or orgasm? And sexual attraction is when something about someone triggers the impulse to have sex with them; it's predominantly a male experience; most females experience responsive sexual desire where arousal or foreplay/making out is required to trigger their desire for sex (every time).

Salted Karamel
28 minutes ago, Star Bit said:

So you've wanted sex with fictional characters? And you've never masturbated or have tried and cant get aroused or orgasm? And sexual attraction is when something about someone triggers the impulse to have sex with them; it's predominantly a male experience; most females experience responsive sexual desire where arousal or foreplay/making out is required to trigger their desire for sex (every time).

Can you back up that claim with some peer-reviewed science when you go around preaching it as gospel?

OP: If you find that the label helps you understand yourself, use it. Even if just privately. If you still feel like you're too inexperienced to know for sure, it's also fine to use a label privately (or publicly, for that matter) but remain open to the idea of later evidence changing your mind.

Edited by katydidd
to address OP

Yes. And it comes from sexologists. Just look up responsive desire and spontaneous desire.

Moonstruck Dragon
4 hours ago, Star Bit said:

It's not that I would want sex with them if they were real... I imagined it once with an anime guy, because I had recently had a lot of people talk about sex around me. I just sometimes feel like I wouldn't mind having sex with them, whereas I don't want sex with anyone irl. I'm okay with it in my mind, but not with it actually happening. I don't know if that made sense.

And I don't know if I've masturbated, had an oragsam, or been aroused, because I don't what they are... And I'm too cowardly to google it...

Not minding to have sex with someone is not the same as desiring to have sex with them (whether the desire for sex is mental or IRL).

And for women finding out how to masturbate isn't as simple as it is for many men; the female body can be complex, so it may take effort and exploring. (brief vid link) Arousal is either a throbbing or tickling sensation down there. The amount of time needed to reach orgasm differs (for some it's a few minutes and for others it's an hour) and orgasm intensity also differs by person (for some arousal is a 1 and orgasm is as weak as a 2 or 3). Some women who've never masturbated get vaginismus (the V clinches shut; it's a muscle) when introduced to sex with a partner, but once they masturbate they become normal sexual women. And if you already desire these things mentally then I'd say it's the most likely case for you. Some people may not want to do this exploration when it's not being highly requested of them, but once you get into a relationship (most people being sexual) it most likely will change that mindset.

Moonstruck Dragon
5 hours ago, Star Bit said:

Not minding to have sex with someone is not the same as desiring to have sex with them (even if the desire for sex is mental and not IRL).

And for women finding out how to masturbate isn't as simple as it is for many men; the female body can be complex, so it may take effort and exploring. (brief vid link) Arousal is either a throbbing or tickling sensation down there. The amount of time needed to reach orgasm differs (for some it's a few minutes and for others it's an hour) and orgasm intensity also differs by person (for some arousal is a 1 and orgasm is as weak as a 2 or 3). Some women who've never masturbated get vaginismus (the V clinches shut; it's a muscle) when introduced to sex with a partner, but once they masturbate they become normal sexual women. And if you already desire these things mentally then I'd say it's the most likely case for you. Some people may not want to do this exploration when it's not being highly requested of them, but once you get into a relationship (most people being sexual) it most likely will change that mindset.

okay. I think I get it now.