Flirting with a fellow ace

misswinchester

misswinchester

Hey everyone, I have this crush on a girl in my class and I haven't a clue how to flirt with her. She is ace (has some experience but it wasn't her thing) & has lesbionic tendencies too, so at least that isn't the issue lol.

I am someone who dislikes small talk and shows interest easily, because I don't see the point of the little human contact I need (terrible introvert :P) being tainted. By men, this way of speaking is often misinterpreted as flirting. With girls I find it's different... Even with sexual-girls-who-like-girls it's often difficult to determine whether they are flirting or just being friendly. And now I'm noticing how "actual" flirting is so sexual and neither of us want that so whyyy. Any ways of flirting that aren't just sexual innuendo? XD

p.s. Before any of you are going to point out that talking to her (EDIT: about my feelings) would do the trick - I'm simply not ready yet. I haven't known her for that long but she really could be one of the best friends I've ever had. And I'm not in love with her (yet) so being just friends really is still an option that I don't want to ruin.

EDIT: *awkward laughter* I probably should have mentioned that we are friends already lol. It's the difference between friendly conversation and flirting that's not sexual that I have trouble with...

So have you spoken to her at all?

I'm the first to admit that I'm an odd specimen of human, but when I can't talk to people, I find I'm able to pull faces at them if they make eye contact with me. Then they either assume I'm a complete nutjob and stay away from me, or they appreciate my sense of humour and often initiate the conversation, much to my relief. Also, simply smiling goes a long way...

Small talk can be frustrating, but I think it's easier than flirting, especially when we have so little reference for non-sexual flirting. Bad flirting can be off putting or creepy. You're already in a class together so that's something. Do you have any people in common?

Four sites about social skills. I read quite a bit of Succeed Socially when I was dealing with social anxiety.

misswinchester
12 hours ago, dissolved said:

So have you spoken to her at all?

I'm the first to admit that I'm an odd specimen of human, but when I can't talk to people, I find I'm able to pull faces at them if they make eye contact with me. Then they either assume I'm a complete nutjob and stay away from me, or they appreciate my sense of humour and often initiate the conversation, much to my relief. Also, simply smiling goes a long way...

11 hours ago, borkfork said:

Small talk can be frustrating, but I think it's easier than flirting, especially when we have so little reference for non-sexual flirting. Bad flirting can be off putting or creepy. You're already in a class together so that's something. Do you have any people in common?

Four sites about social skills. I read quite a bit of Succeed Socially when I was dealing with social anxiety.

*awkward laughter* I probably should have mentioned that we are friends already lol. It's the difference between friendly conversation and flirting that's not sexual that I have trouble with... Will check out the site!

Archived