How do you feel about Christmas?

Ace-TheTimelordsCompanion

How do you feel about Christmas?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Go by the brackets, the details are for fun :)

• I have been belting out Carols since October, I'm making biscuits, and my whole house is draped in tinsel! (adore it)
    • I am humming Christmas songs and decorating the tree (I enjoy it)
    • I will get presents for people I care about (it's okay)
    • If I close my eyes and wish really hard, maybe it will be December 26th (I don't like it)
    • Kidnap the Sandy Claws. I MUST STOP THIS CHRISTMAS FROM COMING, BUT HOW!!!!! Stop the music and singing, get me off this planet! (Loath entirely))
    • I will never tell, not even if you tie me up in tinsel and play Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer on repeat (other)
    • What's this? There's color everywhere. What's this? There's white things in the air. What's this? (I don't celebrate Christmas)

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm Jewish, and don't celebrate Christmas. I know some who are in interfaith families that celebrate both. To me, that's odd. I grew up in an interfaith family (Mom's side Jewish, Dad's side Catholic), and we only had a Hanukkah 'bush' until I was 2. My dad wasn't sure she wanted to stop celebrating it. (She hates it now.) After that, it was just Hanukkah stuff. I never understood (still don't) the 'dilemma' this time of year, and why some people would tell me that Christmas is better or comparing them. They're different holidays celebrated by different religions. Hanukkah is a very minor one for us. I like the warmth of it, though. We get to light candles, eat oily foods, sing, be with family, and play games. That ain't bad to me. 

I personally don't like Christmas, and it looks kind of scary. I'm bombarded with Christmas music, decorations, etc. for a couple of months beforehand. Kind of like having something you don't celebrate be shoved in your face every day until then. You can't escape it. It's on the radio, on TV, and we even have 'Santa' loudly come through our neighborhood on a fire engine. I don't mind the lights most of the time. Some people are very talented with it, and they can be pretty. I'm happy for my friends and family who celebrate it and love it. That's different. The public stuff just seems so over-the-top. I also don't like that some people are trying to turn Hanukkah into Christmas. I just recently saw that Wal-Mart is pushing a Hanukkah-themed gingerbread house that's already decorated. Also, the infamous Hanukkah ham. Ham's not kosher, so you can see why it's out there. Oh, and I love when people can't believe I don't celebrate Christmas. They look like I told them I don't eat or something. 

Oh, I love it normally. Go all out with the christmas decorations, start present hunting at the end of November, prepare food for having relatives over. 

Sometimes it's a bit tiring starting it in mid October (work in a school) but usually it's great.

I like decorating stuff, and I won't lie I'm kind of greedy so I like getting presents. I don't really like Christmas songs though. I did buy a few presents before Thanksgiving but only because I knew the stores would get more crowded after Black Friday and crowded places are the bane of my existence.

Deeply allergic to all the fuss. Crap TV,  yuck music,  everywhere is closed,  false cheeriness to people you'd ideally remove from your life 

Luftschlosseule

I just recieved good news regarding the christmas plans and am full of anticipation. <33

I like it, but this year I avoided everything remotely christmas-y so I'm not really in the mood yet...

Apparently I've perfected my hermit behavior to the point I haven't even heard Last Christmas yet.

I picked the "It's OK" option. Even though we have 2 days of Christmas in Poland (both Dec 25th and 26th) I hardly even notice that something is going on these days. The fact that the weather in the recent years has been consistently unChristmassy doesn't help either.

For me the hallmark is actually the New Year's Eve when my mother and I visit my aunt for the traditional supper https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wigilia In the recent years my cousin has moved out, though, so even that has become rather boring for me. 

ProtectorOfTheLight

I think the whole "spirit of Christmas" and "be nice and giving to other people" thing, I just currently can't stand the religious aspects of it that are shouted out from pretty much everywhere due to my very rocky relationship with religion right now.

• 2 months later...
SithAzathoth WinterDragon

I prefer Yule since I'm Norse Heathen/Pagan and wicca. The calendar itself has an older history, so I go by the original calendar. I've also been Heathen since age 9. So my celebration is on the 21st the first day of winter. Although I do like christmas as well but I just have to say Like @ChillaKilla do not decorate until after turkey and same with the music only on the first of December should I begin hearing it.

• 9 months later...

@Ace-TheTimelordsCompanion

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived