Is he hitting on me?

MC666

I have never been hit on (obsessively cuz I am butt ugly) so I am not sure. I don;t think he is but I don;t want to lead him on if that the case. So here the story:

We are exchanging email cuz we are need to study for final. We study for final in a study group and he finish early. He wait for me and even let me use his card to print a paper. He a really nice guy. He went to class and chat a bit. After class he walk me to my car and ask me if I wanna hang out since he don;t have many people to hang out with. I told him cool, email me. He was quite for a moment and maybe he was waiting for my phone #? I told him we could totally hangout if he email me. I left and he say bye. 

He park quite far away so that maybe a sign? The silent make me think he want my number which is another sign? Or maybe he just nice? I mean my school do have a history of female getting attack in parking lot so he could be nice. What do you think?

I am a aromantic asexural. So I can never return his feeling if he do. I do want to hang out and be friend but if he want more it better to cut this relationship early so I don;t lead him on.

finicky feminist

Since there is no explicit proof yet that he is hitting on you I think you can hang out with him.Also is there any other hint that makes you think that? Have you caught him staring at you or something or trying to hang around you a "lot".Maybe you are overanalysing?I think you should hang out,if there's something going on it will eventually be out.

Hey OP, I've been in a similar situation (but with girls) and the unfortunate reality is that people naturally are ambiguous (most of the time) about their feelings cause nobody likes being rejected. I'm really dense so I don't even know to this day if those girls just wanted to use me as a walking encyclopedia, wanted to be my friend, or were actually attracted to my intelligence (no to sound arrogant, but I was an honor student so :mellow:). Honestly, I just acted like my usually oblivious self and nothing ever came of anything. I mean, I'm terrible at picking up hints but some people are just friendly or want friends. Also, it's a good thing you're being cautious about your personal safety. Those sorts of crimes are disturbingly common in college especially. Lastly, as a friendly aside, don't criticize yourself too harshly about your looks. If it bothers you, just take little steps to improve yourself. I mean, my bro and I were overweight and flabby in HS but did what we could and now we're average looking and in decent shape at the very least.

You haven't exactly given us much to go on, but I vote for innocent friendliness. Unless he's terribly shy, he would've asked for your phone number if he wanted it.

Yea not a lot happen. It just not many people would wait for someone when they are done with their personal need. Most people wouldn;t also bother to walk someone to their car. Maybe I am overthinking it. He may just be friendly. I will keep him in contact and we can hang out and study together again.

Archived