Silly topic - made to make a point.

Clumsy Fairy

I did something silly to prove a point... 

No one asked me to remove this.. But I did... Because at the end of the day I don't see the point in offending anyone...

Enjoy your day!!! 

Oh... And I think it's time I came out.... I am trans... 

I just don't think my identity should ever be an issue.. 

I am here because I am asexual, not because of anything else...

Like me or don't I just don't care..

I REALLY like most of you... 

Thanks for giving me this platform...

And my logical response was to summon a moderator since it's not my place to explain to you the error of your ways. I've tried to tolerate you and your comments around this site, making unsolicited comments towards other AVENites which make them very uncomfortable, and generally acting like you own the place despite barely being a member for over a week, but this is the end of the line. Acting like you own the place. Disrespecting well-established members. This is out of my hands now. I leave it for moderator review.

Really? But why? Unsolicited comments?

It's a place for them! You might not like me. I don't care.

My opinions are as valid as yours. No matter how long I have been here.

I have not broken any of the rules.

I have not made any personal remarks about you..

My opinions do not align with yours (obviously)..

But I have the rights to my opinions as much as you do. 

I have no problem with you at all.. 

For any admins who want to review this: The former title of this thread was "Annoying things TRANS people say". Backpedaling here is near impossible.

Yes it was.... I have no problem in that being known... Really... 

What is your agenda here? 

Why can't the topic "Annoying things TRANS people say" be valid? This is the whole point.

Why are you generalising about CIS people, why is it so utterly important for us "Trans" people to generalise and mock CIS people.

It just escalates mistrust and leads to confrontation that would not have happened.

I think the thread title itself "Annoying things CIS people say" is offensive. 

And telling CIS people they are to paraphrase "unwelcome" on such a thread is just mind boggling. 

This is an asexuality forum.. not a bash the CIS forum.

4 minutes ago, Lord Grep said:

Yes it was.... I have no problem in that being known... Really... 

What is your agenda here? 

Why can't the topic "Annoying things TRANS people say" be valid? This is the whole point.

Why are you generalising about CIS people, why is it so utterly important for us "Trans" people to generalise and mock CIS people.

It just escalates mistrust and leads to confrontation that would not have happened.

I think the thread title itself "Annoying things CIS people say" is offensive. 

And telling CIS people they are to paraphrase "unwelcome" on such a thread is just mind boggling. 

This is an asexuality forum.. not a bash the CIS forum.

As said in the other forum: NOBODY WAS BASHING OR MOCKING CIS PEOPLE.

And the thread title has been ruled by moderators to be inoffensive. Don't just walk in here, a newbie, and expect everyone to bow to your superior ways, mmkay?

1 hour ago, Lord Grep said:

Any way get out this thread... only CIS people opinions matter here lol!

1 hour ago, Lord Grep said:

Oh... And I think it's time I came out.... I am trans... 

You said something. 

I gave me response...

you said:

4 hours ago, sam#2 said:

cis = oppressor?

Congratulations. You just said the most offensive thing in a thread about offensive things.

You must be new here. If people discussing their actual experiences with a group that historically has been responsible for a lot of misery, then this might be the wrong thread for you... Just a thought

I said:

Let me ask a question. What would you call a person who generalises in a negative way about someone who is Trans?

Now then.. A  person of colour, who calls a white person something generally negative about the colour of his / her / their skin is still racist right?

So generalising about CIS people is in my opinion as transphobic as someone insulting and generalising about trans people.

My or Sam's opinions are only valid if he is trans?

Thats pretty bold, and insulting.

You said: (and edited afterwards without telling anyone)

This is a thread about trans people's experiences with cis people. So yeah, if you're cis and trying to come in here with no background or context whatsoever and blindly criticize people here? No validity.

It's also funny you used a reference to racism because it actually works to my advantage in this argument. A person of color getting angry at white people has extremely different (and minimal) social consequences compared to systemic racism of white people against people of color. Individual racism hurts feelings. Systemic racism causes Jim Crow laws and the KKK. So, yeah. Us offending your feelings because "OMG ur mean to cis ppl" is nowhere near the scale of damage caused by bathroom bills, forced institutionalization, conversion therapy, societal rejection and ostracization, and general oppression faced by trans people at the hands of the cisgender majority.

If you don't like people complaining about cis people, why are you in a thread called "Annoying things cis people say"?

And if you try to start an "Annoying things trans people say" thread I will laugh. Go and see how well that turns out.

--------------------

I have not once told you what to do, or what not to do.

I have not insulted you.

I have not done anything but have an opinion.

I expect noone to bow.

I expect noone to agree with me.

My superior ways? 

Crumbs....

I am not the person telling the other how to behave here... 

Ok, I'm going to go ahead and lock this until Heart can look at it. Please don't carry on this discussion elsewhere in the meantime. 

sea-lemon

Archived