Describe The Perfect Romantic Date

Crystal7

What is your version of the perfect romantic date?

Luftschlosseule

A few years back there was an invitation to book speed dating at my local library: You bring one of your favourite books, so that you'll have somethingto talk about. I was a teenager with no interest, and I suppose to young to participate, but I liked the idea very much.

The perfect date, for me, would be going to an tiny bookstore and discovering books for each other with each other. So you get to know each other better, it's fun, and you can pick a book for each other if you like and if you have enough money. ...but I am not sure if I am a romantic type.
I could do this with friends, too.

I'm pretty open. - It should be a mixed thing, involving other hobbies / catering other interests on the side (without triggering conflicts though!). <- Relationship advice in general & "Plan B routine" from blind dating days.

What I like "settings" wise, might not suit everybody and if you were asking for a perfect partner it 's surely the same.

I recommend not going overly out of your natural way for a date. Yeah, if I saved up long enough I could afford a fancy restaurant once in a blue moon, but keeping the red "$$ alert" lamp in the back of my head silent makes me even comfier. Sharing a can of Ravioli followed by Espresso from the field stove feels better than spending fortunes at McD's or even Starbucks'... 

Apparently, I don't deal well with romantic gestures in relationships (ask all my previous "romantic" partners and my best friend, who claims that I am "the least romantic person" she knows...^^).

But I do like spending time outside, and I'm pretty active, so going on a hike, exploring a new part of the city, playing a sport, etc. would probably be good. I've never said no to a cup of coffee, either.

I agree with Busrider, it shouldn't be something too fancy or complicated.

The coolest date I ever had was with a girl studying Roman and Greek archaeology, who took me to her university's library and collection, showed me coins her friends had dug up and an amazing collection of black and white photographs from archaeological excavations. On the other hand, though - I remember the coins, but not her name, so it probably wasn't a terribly successful date. It was fun, though.

When I picture the perfect date I envision the two of us going to an amusement park or water park together, talking and being affectionate throughout the day, then going to a buffet afterwards and finally finding somewhere to spend the night, laughing, watching movies and cuddling late into the night. Of course sleeping in the next day would follow. ;)

Most romantic "date" I have been on so far was... a walk in the English countryside, with the guy's dog. Tall grass, no people around really, relaxed and just listening to history of the area while getting to see beautiful scenery. 

I am pretty simple. 

Anime Pancake

Hmm think of the Teen Titans going out together as friends. Something like that.

I wouldn't want a romantic date but if romance happens every now and then that's fine.

Fooooooooooooooood. I'm quite the foodie, so I would be ideal to have a date with someone who shared my adventure for food. 

Some excitement in general during the daytime, whether it involved going to a theme park, hiking, or just venturing off somewhere new. In the evening hours, definitely something more intimate, whether dining at a fancy restaurant or just cuddling together in an isolated place, depending on the current stage of the relationship. The most perfect one would be the one I would give my first kiss to...

But hands down, a food adventure would already be close to perfect. 

Just hanging out at either my or their place and having deep conversations - preferably also going for a walk at some point to get some fresh air, while still having deep conversations :D (okay, I realize that you can't have non stop deep conversations FOREVER, but when you're just getting to know someone, that's the best part).

Hmm...tough question. Going to a buffet, riff and make fun of bad movies Mystery Science Theater 3000 style, dance even if we both dance horribly (it doesn't have to be in public. In fact, I favor that it's not in public), or have a common hobby that we can do together, etc. As long as we're comfortable around each other, anything's fine.

Maybe it's because I'm woefully inexperienced with romantic stuff (no relationships, etc. as a 22 y.o. likely aro/ace dude), I can't really picture a romantic outing with someone else. Whenever I think of what I'd do, I just draw a blank. 🤔 It's just so alien to me that I can't envision what it'd be like. Honestly, my brain would probably just overload and short-circuit if anyone ended up asking me out.

An early dinner followed by a performance at the ballet or the symphony, then a relaxing stroll in a nearby public park.

Alternative: An afternoon spent walking through art galleries concluding at an ice cream shop.

It's gonna be cozy as heck. I like the idea of sitting on a big couch together on a winter day, wrapped in blankets and drinking tea or hot cocoa. We'd watch silly movies and play games throughout the day but mostly just talk or whatever.

I would love to go roller skating with them, come home and make dinner with them and then cuddle up and watch a movie :blush:

Is it odd that I don't really like the idea of going on "dates"? Like I dunno, it just doesn't feel natural to me. Too...forced.

I guess as relaxed as possible. Maybe going on a hike and then watching netflix or playing video games.

Archived