New Project Team member needed: Director of Social Media: Nominations

Kelly

We are now taking nominations for a PT member in for the office of Director of Social Media.

The Project Team is in charge of visibility projects on AVEN. For more information about what the Project Team does, please see this link:

http://avenpt.tumblr.com/projectteam

Possible Project Team activities include:
- dealing with AVEN's media and research requests,
- managing resources,
- giving help to others with their visibility projects.

All PT positions have a duration of 2 years. If anyone steps down in that time, a new election will be held and the replacement will have a new term of 2 years.

The office that we are presently in need of is:

Director of Social Media (Online media coordinator)

Responsibilities: The primary responsibilities of this role are to promote visibility and education projects on online media such as Tumblr and Facebook. This includes reblogging mainstream media requests and local visibility events, promoting campaigns, and sometimes posting researchers' calls for participants. This person should engage with the wider online community on discussions relating to asexuality and AVEN, and supporting the media contact's work as and when needed.

Requirements: This person should be familiar with how to use Tumblr, Twitter, and Facebook and have a feel for their social dynamics.

[edit]: Additional Requirements:

• Some familiarity with operating at least some of twitter, facebook, tumblr highly desirable. Google+, instagram bonus.
  • Able to respond in a reasonable time to requests to put things on social media (delegating where appropriate).

If you think that you would be an awesome AVEN Project Team Member, please throw you hat, turnip, whatever, in here.

Please make sure to specify which position you are running for, and be aware that you can't run for more than one position at the same time.

To run, a person must have been a member for at least 6 months, and have at least 100 posts that are not in the Just For Fun or Welcome Area forums. You also cannot run with an active, current, warning. The eligibility criteria for PT are precisely the same as that for an Admod. A bio is required by voting time. Election rules are here:

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/90514-rules-and-procedure-for-elections/

You can run for only one office at a time.

Nominations end Thursday, 8 December 2016

Good luck! :cake:

NerotheReaper

Sure, I will try!

The position I wish to run for is the Director of Social Media

Don't know what my chances are, but I want to try :happy:

Yay Nero! :cake:

I'm not going to run this time, but I do want to send out a message of encouragement to anybody on the fence about this. I have had wonderful experiences with members of the Project Team. timewarp actually PMed me to encourage me to run for this, because he thought I would do a good job. I'm not really familiar with Tumblr and I don't spend a lot of time on Facebook, so I don't know if I would be of much help for social media purposes. I also want to commend michaeld for his work and his friendliness when reporting to the AVEN community on all that he does. It seems like PT has some really great people to work with!

For any of you who are good at blogging or social media in general, I would highly recommend considering this. I have landed myself job interviews based on the limited social media experience I do have, so I can only imagine how far having this on your CV may take you if you ever want to work in a communications or media field.

Good luck Nero :cake:

I second what Snow Cone just said in the post above mine,Social Media is a fun thing to do and i can guarantee you won't be dissapointed: You get to work with an amazing team and you get to see how it's like to make a difference outside Aven. Social media is super important for Aven to reach out to others out there and you get to be the one to do this and it's a nice chance to get to know others out there and learn more and more about Asexuality and raising awareness! I'ts a very rewarding position and i'd  also like to reccomend anyone to go for it if they think about running!

Aaaaaargh I have no idea how to use tumblr or twitter :/  If you ever need someone just for Facebook/Instagram, though, hit me up.

4 minutes ago, emma-can said:

Aaaaaargh I have no idea how to use tumblr or twitter :/  If you ever need someone just for Facebook/Instagram, though, hit me up.

I have no idea about those myself, but I suppose it's possible to learn the technical aspect fairly quickly. As our requirement says, "Some familiarity with operating at least some of twitter, facebook, tumblr highly desirable. Google+, instagram bonus."

The important bit is that you're able to post regularly. If you're willing to learn tumblr / twitter, then go for it. :)

Alright, I'll try for it :)

I've really been thinking long and hard about this for a while. As much as I want to throw something in the ring for this, I'm honestly not sure if I would have enough time on my hands for this election since December is a very busy month with everything for me and that needs most of my attention.

That, and the intimidation. XD But even though I can't seem to take my own advice, I do encourage those who are thinking about it to run. :)

It may take a long while, but someday, I would love to have this position in PT in the far future. And yes, I'm pretty confident that I would be sticking around by then.

As I have mentioned, I have a lot that I need to do, so I'll say in advance wishing good luck to all candidates and those still considering! :cake::cake::cake: 

Just a little note on this, as someone who has had this position before it takes about 5 hours a week to do, if not less. Normally when I'd do things, almost all platforms (and you're missing Pinterest PT) you're able to do timed posts. Meaning that you can plan ahead. Let's say January is a SUPER busy month for you, spend 5 hours on a Saturday before the month and have the month timed out. My favourite scheme is every 3 days have something posted on SM. Twitter, Pinterest and Google+ are a little trickier because they don't really have this system, but Facebook is really what we get the most hits on. If kept consistent on, you're able to get about 10000 hits a week, if it's slower, it's around 2000. Tumblr, you'll get between 3-130 notes depending on the post. Research posts are really liked on Tumblr, but not so much on Facebook. Articles on "what it is like to be _______" are REALLY well received on Facebook, but normally poorly received on Tumblr.  (when did we get instagram?)

Remember this though: Do NOT get into social media fights. As much as they're tempting, and someone is REALLY getting on your nerves. It is NOT worth it. You're representing AVEN, not yourself. 

Fun Fact of the Week: I never thought about this until this position had made me respond to it a couple times. Apparently, people are offended that AVEN's logo is a triangle because the nazi's used them to identify homosexuals with them. 

Also, I'm going to step out of the ring. As much as I'd like to be part of the team, I also have things going on in real life that requires more attention. That being said I'm 100% open to helping whoever does get the position because it's a lot of fun. 

SithAzathoth WinterDragon

i'll like to help out, I'm going to be on more as much as possible now since it's been a while. I only have Facebook, Skype and can access here but to not have twitter,instgram and other fun sites. I think I've been here for 7 months not too sure though, however I'm willing to try out.

I've thought a lot about it and I'm honestly still a little bit on the fence, but I'd still really like to run and at least try. So, I'm setting this gently inside the ring.

Related image

On 12/5/2016 at 7:36 PM, CosineTheCat said:

Remember this though: Do NOT get into social media fights. As much as they're tempting, and someone is REALLY getting on your nerves. It is NOT worth it. You're representing AVEN, not yourself. 

Well that's me out then! :lol:

I'm not gonna run, but a massive good luck to all that do :)

On 12/5/2016 at 9:58 PM, Shieldmaiden Winterstar said:

i'll like to help out, I'm going to be on more as much as possible now since it's been a while. I only have Facebook, Skype and can access here but to not have twitter,instgram and other fun sites. I think I've been here for 7 months not too sure though, however I'm willing to try out.

Thanks.  That would be awesome.  But one of the requirements is that the candidate have at least 100 posts that are not in the Just For Fun or Welcome Area forum.

Archived