• Announcements

• Kelly

New Team members Needed--Moderator, Project Team, and Declass Team: Voting   12/10/13

See:   http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/164659-new-declass-team-member-needed-voting/   http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/164657-new-moderator-member-needed-qa-co-mod-and-world-watch-mod-voting/   http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/164656-new-project-team-member-needed-resources-and-education-director-voting/  
    • Kelly

AVENues Holiday Special Edition is now live   08/17/17

The new edition of AVENues is done!   See:        
    • Lady Girl

Ace Community Census   11/06/17

It’s time for the 2017 Ace Community Census!   see:   http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/162675-announcing-the-2017-ace-community-census/  
    • Heart

Help fund AVEN's servers!   11/06/17

AVEN is doing its annual fundraiser to raise donations for server costs! See http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/163251-aven-server-fundraiser/ for more details.  
michaeld

PT monthly bulletin

Aqua-ace

Drafted answers to several answering team emails ready for review, began drafting a section in The Definition Debate article in the wiki about the current definition debate. Once the first draft is more refined, I'll be ready to post it in the new wiki thread for more input before posting it to the wiki.

michaeld

Late response again sorry. It's all WorldPride for me (well apart from the usual answering media and speaker requests, and giving a talk on Tuesday at a bank!)

We're just about on course. Have insurance set and ready to be booked. Have many of the march materials either ready to go or nearly ready. A huge thank you to Kelico for help with that. They also helped us convert our logo into vector format, which allows us to appear on the main worldpride website - I'll send a link when I have it. Have translators in place - still some details to be worked out. Have a first draft of the timetable, which is being finalised next week. Have contacted people about their travel plans, accessibility arrangements and (some) invitations to panel - though some are still to come. Also working out how the conference will be videoed (and maybe even livestreamed - not sure we can do that yet though). And a load more stuff I forgot (though I've had help with all these things - you know who you are!) This is going to continue to be my life (outside work) for the next 3 weeks.....

michaeld

Well ... seems we're way behind with this update. Apologies for that.

The whole of June was taken up with WP for me. Organising the conference. And preparing materials for the march. For the latter I need to thank Kelico especially for all the work they did.l And our Spanish friends for helping translate our leaflets. Organising the conferene took most of the rest of my time - again I had help of course! I hope we can put up vids from the conference soon.

I also gave a talk at the WorldPride Human Rights conference - aka the WorldPride Summit - in Madrid, along with Pablo, a Spanish activist, and a Spanish psychologist ally. The summit declaration is well worth reading as it mentions asexuality explicitly!

I also took part in the Orgullo Critico march in Spain. And of course the WorldPride march. And a week later the Pride London march (thanks skycaptain for organising that!)

Since then I've been trying to get back into UK activism, which I've neglected for too long. I had another meeting with the Office of National Statistics about their Gender and Sexual Id question. (Also I arranged for a non-binary activist to attend one of their meetings while I was in Spain.) The upshot is that the sexual id question in the 2021 UK census will not include asexuality (sadly) but will include a write-in option. I think our efforts in part led to the latter outcome instead of a simple "other" tick box. Not sure how I feel about that. But maybe we can gather some data about UK asexuality. IT will require people actually taking the initiative to write the word asexual, so I would have much preferred a tick box as some may not even know the term. But oh well.

michaeld

Well this unfortunately seems to have become the bimonthly bulletin in my case (if that) and we need to change that. We are getting a lot of new members soon and I feel getting this out once a month should be the expectation.

The truth is, I've been last active since the WorldPride surge. This was a big undertaking that took a lot out of me, but as I've said before the PT position is one where you can work very hard at times and then drift along for other periods. That being said, I've kept the media and speaker requests we're getting ticking over. There are a number of student projects that requested interviews, as well as mainstream media. Most notably on the latter, I connected up one of the new PT, Sea-Lemon, for an interview on Scottish national radio last week. And there's more to come! You'll be seeing more details shortly, but brief: Sea-Lemon is appearing again on Monday on radio. And we should have a piece on the BBC site to mark AAW! I'm a little nervous about this one as my relatives read the BBC site. I'm out to them but it's still awkward!

We also have possible representation on a play put on by UCL next week on female sexuality - we found them an ace panelist for the discussion afterwards. I'm afraid though, we don't have confirmation it's actually going ahead so I'm loathe to post details at the moment. If you are interested please PM me.

Moving forward from WorldPride and now AAW, I wish to concentrate more on the UK as already mentioned. I'll be starting a project on this at the end of AAW so watch this space. :P