Any industrial music fans?

J. van Deijck

1 hour ago, EMPrise said:

I used to ride urban underground trains for 2 hours a day on average and liked the sound. Does this make me a fan of industrial? :D

I am apparently one of the freaks who actually enjoyed the noise from inside an MRI machine. They warned me that it can be very stressful and intrusive and not nice and so on - basically kept apologizing in advance for an eternity. And I found it so relaxing I almost fell asleep, even if it was really loud.

In comparison to that, trains sounds are normal. Also awesome. :D I love travelling by train but often get somewhat disappointed by the lack of noise those fancy Western European trains make.

• Like 3

I don't know if these guys are industrial but they are called Gulaggh/ Stallaggh. They used the sounds of screaming asylum inmates to make songs. They managed to make songs out of seeming cacophony. 

J. van Deijck
49 minutes ago, ABryonJ.maybe? said:

I don't know if these guys are industrial but they are called Gulaggh/ Stallaggh. They used the sounds of screaming asylum inmates to make songs. They managed to make songs out of seeming cacophony. 

thanks for reminding me of them, now I won't sleep at night XD

apparently their music is industrial black metal. still counts :P

Sage Raven Domino
1 hour ago, miau said:

I am apparently one of the freaks who actually enjoyed the noise from inside an MRI machine.

MRI noises are adorable!!! Some of them are almost ASMR triggers for me:

Spoiler

• Like 2
Sage Raven Domino

My upper neighbour is giving me a free and very loud industrial concert like he often does, and I have to admit that I dig his acts less than the free metal rehearsals by one of my lower neighbours.

As for actual music, upon a bit of listening, I still think that industrial metal and Neue Deutsche Härte are the only industrial-related subgenres that I dig (especially Rammstein, not surprisingly; actually, most other metal subgenres don't make me want to headbang as much).

But what I've learned from this thread is that Amy Lee actually wore cyberlox at some point :wub:

• Like 1
Sage Raven Domino

Speaking of, I'm now discovering Lindemann, who sing in English and are heavy too 8) (their lyrics are definitely not fit for sex-repulsed people, though :P )

TW: sexual allegories, nudes, blood, BDSM

Spoiler

That song is an obvious tribute to Rammstein's 'Pussy'. (The following video contains a brilliantly remastered instrumental version, so don't worry about the lyrics - they're absent from there.)

• Like 1
J. van Deijck
51 minutes ago, EMPrise said:

industrial metal and Neue Deutsche Härte

both count in this thread. :3 :D

• Like 1
Sage Raven Domino

Inspiration for those who're breaking out of their chains; a blend of NDH and gothic metal by Omega Lithium...

Spoiler

Many of their other songs are highly romantic, so I'm not going to listen to those songs, but some of you may want to check them out too; darklyrics.com does have their lyrics.

I'd love to see this Croatian band reassemble :wacko:

• Like 3

Hi there :) I posted here when this thread was in its infancy promising to check up on the contents, but then I somehow kept ignoring it and only today brought myself to revisit. I listened to some of the recently posted tracks and yeah, I liked that. The guy from Oomph has a great voice.

@miau

I heard In Extremo live a few years ago and I think "Kuss mich" was on the setlist.

An offering from me.

Spoiler

• Like 1
Sage Raven Domino

I wonder what genre this is.

<Amy Lee - Lockdown>

Yeah this is the Evanescence frontwoman and it's not rock anymore :o

Mark me disappointed if the rest of the Aftermath album is as light as this.

Edited by EMPrise
never mind, there seem to be no guitars there whatsoever
  • Like 1
J. van Deijck

@Piotrek isn't Bodycall a Polish band? :D

@EMPrise the rest is instrumental, except for three another songs, one is about sex (yes, really...), one has somehow oriental sound and is sung by the guest vocalist from Morocco, and one is even lighter and sadder than this. :P at least to my poorly working ears.

J. van Deijck

ooh I'm gonna do what @Toads suggested to me, I'll post that ultimate list of songs without links so it won't be ruining the browsers. :D

• Like 1
Sage Raven Domino

I have to confess that, even though I wouldn't listen to industrial dance music without a video, the videos are very watchable :D

Who would have thought that Korn could be made so cute? :P (There are many Pitite Oudy dance videos - watch for her name on Youtube, they're not only on her channel.)

(Edit: my pony is slow - she had been mentioned in the goth thread already, just her name hadn't appeared in the searchable text form in the current thread.)

• Like 1

@alpha decay

Indeed they are :)

@EMPrise

Omega Lithium sounds good. I need to listen to some more of their stuff.

Something more from me.

These guys are mostly associated with metal, but they also released 2 electronic-based albums. Very controversial albums, at that. It seems many people who enjoy the metal-era ToT (i.e. the majority of their output) depise this period of their activity and would rather these CDs had never been released. I really enjoy them, though, despite being a metalhead :D

Spoiler

• Like 1
Sage Raven Domino
37 minutes ago, Piotrek said:

These guys are mostly associated with metal, but they also released 2 electronic-based albums. Very controversial albums, at that. It seems many people who enjoy the metal-era ToT (i.e. the majority of their output) depise this period of their activity and would rather these CDs had never been released. I really enjoy them, though, despite being a metalhead :D

You seem an exception. Most of the metalheads that I've encountered don't like heavily processed electronic elements, partly because they're seen as an attempt to make the band more successful commercially (electronic music sells better). Compare the ToT controversy to the one around Korn's album 'The Path of Totality' ft. Skrillex or Hammerfall's song 'Last Man Standing'. There are actually 'clean' versions of some of the songs from 'The Path of Totality', remastered by fans to remove Skrillex's dubstep parts, and I find the clean versions quite listenable (I mean, about as listenable as the usual Korn) unlike the original tracks.

On a related note, I'm tempted to do a vocal cover of Centhron some time, to see whether unprocessed screamed vocals go well with the sound.

• Like 1
J. van Deijck
53 minutes ago, EMPrise said:

I have to confess that, even though I wouldn't listen to industrial dance music without a video, the videos are very watchable :D

Who would have thought that Korn could be made so cute? :P (There are many Pitite Oudy dance videos - watch for her name on Youtube, they're not only on her channel.)

(Edit: my pony is slow - she had been mentioned in the goth thread already, just her name hadn't appeared in the searchable text form in the current thread.)

oh I have heard about her so long ago XD there are some pics of her on my blog :P

the video, let me guess... Falling Away From Me? :D

(Bio Sektor is still my fave dancer ever <3)

• Like 1
J. van Deijck

@Piotrek this is an interesting share, thanks! :D

but you're not the only one here, according to what @EMPrise says. @Antihero. has been here, too :D  (yup I enjoy summoning him :P)

when it comes to the subject, there was a band named Breach the Void. they have released only one album it seems, it was melodic death metal with some industrial influence... however, the ending track was really surprising to me.

here it is:

• Like 2
Sage Raven Domino

@alpha decay I acknowledge that Bio Sektor dances better than Pitite Oudy, just for irrational reasons, I wub girls more than guys on average.

• Like 1
J. van Deijck
6 minutes ago, EMPrise said:

@alpha decay I acknowledge that Bio Sektor dances better than Pitit Oudy, just for irrational reasons, I wub girls more than guys on average.

:D I'm the opposite, now imagine how hard the life is when I'm being a guy myself :P

47 minutes ago, alpha decay said:

@Antihero. has been here, too :D 

And I am apparently here again now that you have just summoned me back  :D

47 minutes ago, alpha decay said:

(yup I enjoy summoning him :P)

You indeed do, don’t you? :lol: 
Now I will leave some music here as well ;)   

• Like 1
J. van Deijck

yay. I knew summoning you would be beneficent :D :3 was it the right moment? :D (sure I do :P)

Synapsyche started following me on last.fm, I'm slowly starting to feel famous. XD 

@EMPrise

You seem an exception. Most of the metalheads that I've encountered don't like heavily processed electronic elements, partly because they're seen as an attempt to make the band more successful commercially (electronic music sells better). Compare the ToT controversy to the one around Korn's album 'The Path of Totality' ft. Skrillex or Hammerfall's song 'Last Man Standing'. There are actually 'clean' versions of some of the songs from 'The Path of Totality', remastered by fans to remove Skrillex's dubstep parts, and I find the clean versions quite listenable (I mean, about as listenable as the usual Korn) unlike the original tracks.

I know this attitude. I find it so annoying. <_< Music is there for people to experiment with , mix and match. Just enjoy what you like and leave others to create and listen to what they like, damn it!

• Like 1

Let's think outside the box :) How about we add some operatic vocals?

Spoiler

• Like 1
J. van Deijck

I just came across this.

I don't know the guy who did it, but imo he did a great job. the original is fully electronic and he made it sound like it should belong to their newest albums (I assume people know P9 went from aggrotech to industrial metal? :P)

anyways, I felt like sharing.

• Like 2
J. van Deijck
14 hours ago, Piotrek said:

Let's think outside the box :) How about we add some operatic vocals?

Hide contents

this is an interesting discovery :D thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

@alpha decay

I just listened to this version and the original and I think I may have found my track of the day (if not week) :D

• Like 1
J. van Deijck
3 minutes ago, Piotrek said:

@alpha decay

I just listened to this version and the original and I think I may have found my track of the day (if not week) :D

the original or the remix? :D

Both :D

Also, the next track by Psyclon 9 I listened to on Spotify was this:

Spoiler

which I dig too (though I would probably like it even more, if it weren't for the vocal.).

• Like 1
J. van Deijck

oh these aggrotech vocals :D

this one is great, too. the band is awesome in general :D

this man has made more remixes. sadly, only P9 and Combichrist :( I wish he did it with other bands, too.