Any industrial music fans?

J. van Deijck

J. van Deijck

would be awesome :D (what's that documentary btw?)

I can think of four bands, one is Unter Null (been having a massive squish on her for years ♡), one is Die Braut, one is Sublagrimal, and one is Kill The Sleeper. 

never heard of anything else female fronted besides them :o

not sure anymore, I think a girl went missing during or after a concert. they interviewed said female lead cause people helped look for her including the band. but for the life of me I can't find it. 

• Like 1

Don't hate on me for this, but... Oomph! are fucking awesome, apparently even unplugged (not precisely what I'm posting though). :wub:

• Like 4
8 hours ago, miau said:

Don't hate on me for this, but... Oomph! are fucking awesome, apparently even unplugged (not precisely what I'm posting though). :wub:

I love Oomph! I've not long started listening to them but they're exactly my kind of music :D

• Like 2
J. van Deijck

yay, new contributors! :D

@miau I definitely won't hate you for this :3 

aaaaand I'm having my summer break now, so I can continue with that long post I promised :P

• Like 1
1 minute ago, alpha decay said:

aaaaand I'm having my summer break now, so I can continue with that long post I promised :P

We are waiting... :)

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, flying fish said:

what kind of person would hate you for oomph

I've heard before about how "commercial" Oomph! have become and I assume that some people would really oppose the idea of any (whatever-kind-of-)electro band playing unplugged and still being awesome.

How is that not great though?! As far as I'm concerned, Oomph! are still as brilliant now as they were when I first fell in love with them in 1999.

• Like 1

And now I'm remembering the time when "Augen auf!" hit #1 in Germany and a couple of chicks suddenly decided to talk to me, because they knew I was a fan. The topic of conversation was how sexy Dero apparently was. I answered something along the lines that I'm in love with his voice, but the topic persisted. And all I could think of was "I wonder how sexy you would have found him in 1996 when he was signing about child abuse..."

YES I love that version

and, his voice is definitely awesome before and after 96 but tbf Wunschkind IS somewhat creepy...

J. van Deijck
10 hours ago, miau said:

We are waiting... :)

not sure if it's worth waiting, but thanks :D

6 minutes ago, flying fish said:

YES I love that version

and, his voice is definitely awesome before and after 96 but tbf Wunschkind IS somewhat creepy...

Well, of course it's creepy. A lot of their lyrics have to do with social problems and openly criticizing society in general or, well, religion. It would have nowhere near the impact it does if it wasn't disturbing as hell. I actually felt offended on behalf of the band when the girl was talking about sexiness, because I felt it ignored all the issues they cared about, all their ideas or relevance or anything else, and reduced them to sex appeal.

How did it take me around 5 more years to figure out I was ace?

true. just... you know. all that really happened is those girls made themselves look dumb as hell.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Like 1
J. van Deijck

yay! :3

I just have found something new. it will be featured soon. :3

J. van Deijck

confession: I just added Evanescence vocals to this song. for lolz. XD

• Like 1
J. van Deijck

found another Polish aggrotech band :wub:

and, since I finally have faster internet, I can continue with that long post :P

• Like 1
J. van Deijck

so this long post is almost finished... okay I have made it to P already XD

J. van Deijck

So, here's the list of my all time favourites. :3
contains only songs I really like and songs I really love, so don't be surprised if some artists have only one or two songs featured here :P (ultimate favourites will be bolded)
of course I like more of each artist, it's just a party mix of special songs. :3 (WARNING: some titles, lyrics, videos etc. may be disturbing)
here we go :3

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
J. van Deijck

the post is gone? :(

I shall finally repost it in a better format so it doesn't ruin browsers, but I lack time so bad :( not to mention motivation.

On 2.8.2017 at 0:09 PM, alpha decay said:

the post is gone? :(

I shall finally repost it in a better format so it doesn't ruin browsers, but I lack time so bad :( not to mention motivation.

Maybe you could just put it here as a simple list, without Youtube links? Less work for you and it wouldn't mess up browsers.

J. van Deijck
8 minutes ago, Toads said:

Maybe you could just put it here as a simple list, without Youtube links? Less work for you and it wouldn't mess up browsers.

I've been thinking about it recently :o sure, in my free time :3

these posts were extracted from this thread as a separate thread on their own, but still, trying to open it rather doesn’t work well ._.

(can I be sent back to the future please?)

J. van Deijck

guess what, Evanescence is definitely industrial influenced. :3

• Like 2
Sage Raven Domino

I used to ride urban underground trains for 2 hours a day on average and liked the sound. Does this make me a fan of industrial? :D

• Like 1
J. van Deijck
1 minute ago, EMPrise said:

I used to ride underground urban trains for 2 hours a day on average and liked the sound. Does this make me a fan of industrial? :D

sure. :P

read the t-shirt XD

tumblr_oq27rhTXDi1upic5ho1_1280.jpg

:P

• Like 1
Sage Raven Domino

The point is that it's not just random noise - the rails are static and it's the same hour-long album every day and another album on the way back :P After a while, I learned them by heart.

• Like 1
J. van Deijck

but this would make an awesome music, :D industrial is noisy but not that random, so I guess it would fit :P

• Like 1