Any industrial music fans?

J. van Deijck

J. van Deijck

I've noticed that people here like a lot of different music genres, but I haven't seen many who would like industrial of any kind, or EBM or futurepop, or powernoise, or aggrotech or anything like this. Or even industrial rock/metal. So I don't expect many answers here.

Anyway, is there anyone who likes such kinds of music?

• Like 2

My music taste is fairly varied but I certainly dive into a bit of industrial metal. I love anything that has a good beat that I can throw myself around to :D

Nine Inch Nails is a particular favourite but what's not to like about Trent ^_^

• Like 2
J. van Deijck

Nine Inch Nails are sometimes considered "a band rivetheads listen to". I've never been listening to them much, but it doesn't mean they're bad. :3

I'm curious if you'd like aggrotech then since you mentioned good beat :D 

I'm not great at knowing a genre so relying on google for this. One of the songs I threw myself around to most last night was Combichrist This sh*t will f*ck you up. Incidentally not a song I've ever known the lyrics to til now...

Someone told me that I was an amazing dancer and that she thought 'goth trance' is awesome. I had no idea what she was talking about but knowing how I dance I imagine the compliment was unmerited :P

• Like 1

I should start listening to more music of this type, considering that the odd industrial (?) piece or two I've heard so far really caught my attention. The problem is I don't really know many artists in this genre so far, so I guess I'll be monitoring this thread from now on :) Also, can you guys recommend me something? The problem is I'm not good with the various subgenre tags, so I'm not even sure if what I like is industrial. I like Grendel, for example.

Edited by Piotrek
better wording
  • Like 2

Grendel came up in my search for aggrotech, though google is far from infallible...

• Like 2

Yes,  (thanks Nero for introducing me to the genre) 

• Like 1

I used to listen to a lot of industrial, noise, EBM, Aggrotech, Electro-Industrial, cyberpunk, etc and called myself a rivethead back in 2011 era but along the way I got bored. I haven't revisited any of them in a long time.

I was never able to get into powernoise. It's headache inducing.

By the way if anyone's interested in something odd, there's such a thing as Industrial Hip Hop. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Tainted said:

Grendel came up in my search for aggrotech, though google is far from infallible...

Thanks. Like I said, I don't know much about subgenres and I was probably too lazy to check how the artist was tagged.

• Like 1
J. van Deijck

Grendel! :wub: I love them, here's my favourite song of them:

I didn't expect so many answers, thanks everyone :3

If anyone wishes, I can put the list of my favourite bands here so you can check them out, or post links to my favourite songs aka songs I can't imagine my life without. And thanks @Fire & Rain for contributing. :3 I myself still look for new bands I haven't known before, I have a feeling you might be helpful in that. :blush:

Btw I still call myself a rivethead. I just feel I'm too old for elitism. 

Side note: I love Hocico. I just love them to death.

• Like 1
J. van Deijck

Oh and the dance is probably industrial dance? :3

tumblr_oef8r6UtOn1upic5ho1_400.gif

32 minutes ago, UVB-76 said:

Oh and the dance is probably industrial dance? :3

tumblr_oef8r6UtOn1upic5ho1_400.gif

Guessing this is a reference to me as that does look like something I do, though my head and spine generally get involved in the flailing too...

Also for my contribution to the thread...a bit of Abney Park, cos you can't talk metal with a steampunk enthusiast and not get some Abney Park...

• Like 2
J. van Deijck

Yay! :3

If I actually feel like doing anything, I dance like this, too. But I don’t think I'm good enough.

Ah well, dancing should never be about how good you are but how the action makes you feel. For me its about that feeling of being alive, feeling the music and just letting it take me on a journey. I reckon I look like a fool, but I don't care, the journey is awesome ^_^

• Like 3
J. van Deijck
21 minutes ago, Tainted said:

Ah well, dancing should never be about how good you are but how the action makes you feel. For me its about that feeling of being alive, feeling the music and just letting it take me on a journey. I reckon I look like a fool, but I don't care, the journey is awesome ^_^

QFT :3 should be more brave then. :3

J. van Deijck

Since this is my thread and I can, here's one more of my favourite songs:

Because yay.

• Like 2
J. van Deijck

Oh and I just can't stop dreaming of covering this song.

:blush:

J. van Deijck

Okay so I keep spamming my own thread instead of going to sleep.

I wonder what genre this is.

Yeah this is the Evanescence frontwoman and it's not rock anymore :O 

• Like 2
J. van Deijck

beloved Nurzery [Rhymes], how could I ever forget about them? :wub:

Oh and am I weird for finding the genre name awesome?

• Like 1

I like Nailbomb, if they count.  An industrial metal band that was the last good thing Max Cavalera did, IMO.  Godflesh's early albums  Dalek, as someone else posted, if fucking great too...  Don't like a lot of "pure" industrial.  

When it comes to "goth" music, I'm more a "deathrock" fan, especially stuff that's a lot more "punk"; TSOL's Dance With Me, Rudimentary Peni's Death Church, Christian Death's Only Theater Of Pain.  Partially because of some bad experiences with the local goth community, souring me to a lot of the scene including the music.

• Like 1
J. van Deijck

Industrial metal obviously counts in this thread. :3

Thanks for contributing! (Btw, I love Godflesh.)

Oh and for industrial metal, two bands I really like are Mnemic and Cyanotic (that last one I got to know thanks to @Nebulous :3)

Fgfc820 band or something, dont know actual genre but quick googling mentions something about industrial.

That was last years "new stuff" for me this year ive been hooked on Freakangel, quick googling mentions electronic industrial rock..whatever. Personally id describe both as electronic with growling :)

And edit, forgot Centhron, electro ebm something, dont really care of genre descriptions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIIosBOXKIg

link got me hooked on fgfc820 and to later buy more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb7oPySoxH0

Same story for freakangel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7kYSvF8D-w

centhron

• Like 1
J. van Deijck

FGFC820 is apparently aggrotech. I like them, too :3

Same for Centhron. Such a good band :wub:

For Freakangel, I've been noticing them for some time lately, but haven't checked them out yet. Are they worth it? :o

And thanks for your answer, of course! :3

9 minutes ago, UVB-76 said:

For Freakangel, I've been noticing them for some time lately, but haven't checked them out yet. Are they worth it? :o

Personally once i got hooked i bought what i could find and ive liked most of them, there were 15 or so remixes i removed from playlist but otherwise havent really been listening anything else in months (i tend to overdose on bands and then go back to older stuff or find something new). But id recommend checking their youtube channel and deciding for yourself, blindly buying isnt smart, this time i got lucky :)

• Like 1
J. van Deijck
14 minutes ago, Urishir said:

Personally once i got hooked i bought what i could find and ive liked most of them, there were 15 or so remixes i removed from playlist but otherwise havent really been listening anything else in months (i tend to overdose on bands and then go back to older stuff or find something new). But id recommend checking their youtube channel and deciding for yourself, blindly buying isnt smart, this time i got lucky :)

Thank you! :3 since I'm the same about music as you, I'll gladly check them out when I find time. :3

Just got dioxyde cae la presion playing on my random playlist, again not sure what the genre is but similar i suppose :)

Sadly links to song on youtube were restricted from me so im linking another of his, awesome as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzkOe6OfIpo

Only got that 1 album from him, there might be other 1 but didnt like that enough to buy.

• Like 1
J. van Deijck
12 hours ago, sam#2 said:

*raises hand* EBM is the best :D

Yay! :D any favourite artists maybe? :3

J. van Deijck
3 hours ago, Urishir said:

Just got dioxyde cae la presion playing on my random playlist, again not sure what the genre is but similar i suppose :)

Sadly links to song on youtube were restricted from me so im linking another of his, awesome as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzkOe6OfIpo

Only got that 1 album from him, there might be other 1 but didnt like that enough to buy.

Thanks for sharing! Yet another artist for me to check out :3