• Happiness or
    • wealth
  4. 4. Would you choose

• Happiness or
    • virtue
  5. 5. Would you choose

• Happiness or
    • wisdom

I counted every kind of enjoyment as "happiness", so to me the answer ("happiness" in everything) was obvious. What good would wisdom or knowledge be, if you were miserable.

To be more indepth. Happiness isn't really an emotion. Its a very short burst of plesant feeling chemicals that doesn't maintain very long. (maybe a day). Therefor the concept of living a "happy" life is an illusion. The only thing you can do, is alter your perception of your existance to be content with what you have. The only way to do that, is become non-materialistic and learn to like everything. 

16 minutes ago, Tofu God said:

The only thing you can do, is alter your perception of your existance to be content with what you have. 

Actually, I would count contentment as a form of happiness, maybe even the closest thing there is to happiness. After all, being "happy with" something is often used as a synonym for being content with something (as opposed to being overjoyed with it).

But yeah, I neither believe in some permanent state of happiness. A "happy life" would just be life, where you feel joy and enjoyment often enough, and contentment most of the time.

Archived