Better than sex, sexual edition

So I was looking through AVEN and talking to some asexy people and it made me realize something.

Us sexuals never talk about what WE think is better than sex. So let's start on that now:

-Garlic bread (GOOD garlic bread not that stuff that is just bread with garlic butter on top of it)

-Finishing up that TV show I was watching

-Some cake (seriously, there is some cake in this world that even I find better than sex)

-naps

-seeing cute animal videos

-REALLY good sushi

I can list so many things that are better than sex off the top of my head. Don't get wrong, I like sex but I will at least put sex off for some of the things on this list and some of the things on the list I flat out prefer to sex.

I have a feeling that the sexual BTS wouldn't be much different from the ace one. Okay, maybe not as cake-loady ;)

:( I thought this would be a fun thread.

ICE CREAM.

Ignoring the discord... SHOPPING

I would like to remind everyone that the topic of this thread is a fun natured "What do sexuals find better than sex", not to debate the importance of sex for sexuals, or the the nature of surveys/studies. If it continues to veer off topic, I will split the thread. You are welcome to create a thread to continue the other discussions.

Snow Owl

SPF&A & Census Moderator

Apologies! :)

- Hot Chocolate/Cocoa.

- Playing video games.

- Talking with friends.

- Fireworks :D

I don't think it's necessarily that I can't think of anything which is "better" than sex, but that I can't think of anything to equate to it in preference... It has no equivalent.. rival? (Finding it really difficult to find ways to explain this!)

When I want sex, there's nothing that can really replace it for which I could say, "This is better than sex! So I'm okay with this!"

I don't think it's necessarily that I can't think of anything which is "better" than sex, but that I can't think of anything to equate to it in preference... It has no equivalent.. rival? (Finding it really difficult to find ways to explain this!)

When I want sex, there's nothing that can really replace it for which I could say, "This is better than sex! So I'm okay with this!"

Put far better and more succinctly than I did.

Well said!

I like crackers and I could eat them all the time, but not if I am thirsty!

Jesus this thread though.

I remember that question about whether I'd give up oral sex or cheese, and I would absolutely give up oral sex. I'd give up sex for a lot of things, actually, though I'm glad I don't have to. For example:

Weed (OMG weed... )

Coffee

Movies

Dairy Products

The right to drive

Living in the PNW

Walking in the woods

Campfires

Dog ownership

Waking up without an alarm

So, yeah... that's only a tiny list of things that, if forced, I would choose over having sex. I'd absolutely never have sex again rather than agree to never sit by a campfire, walk in the woods, take a drive, or eat ice cream.

What's your deal, dude? WE GET IT NOTHING FOR YOU IS BETTER THAN SEX AND YOU'RE VERY, VERY BITTER.

Your point's been made.

Let me be crystal clear: I think all the stuff I listed is better than sex.

What's your deal, dude? WE GET IT NOTHING FOR YOU IS BETTER THAN SEX AND YOU'RE VERY, VERY BITTER.

Your point's been made.

So why do you whine so much about its absence?

Your point's been made.

So why do you whine so much about its absence?
I can't answer for Skullery but I'm going to say that 1) she is often trying to tell asexuals that it's normal for sexuals to not want sex all the time and/or not to think it's the best thing in the whole world and 2) she is usually trying to help people understand that sex is still very important to almost all sexuals in a romantic relationship, regardless of how often the desire sex or what they enjoy more than sex (we aren't trying to give the impression that sex doesn't matter, of course it matters to sexual people. But something can matter to you and be deeply important and there can still be things you enjoy more than that thing)

Sex is a physically and emotionally pleasurable bonding experience that can feel really amazing between a couple in love (or any sexual partners) even if there are things one enjoys more than having sex.

This thread isn't actually about "what would you give sex up forever for?" ..it's just about what you enjoy more than sex. You can still desire it and be unhappy without sex in a relationship, yet enjoy sleeping more than sex, or enjoy a morning coffee more than it, or a foot massage or whatever. That's not saying you actively want to give sex up though and wouldn't be unhappy without it.

If a sexual person likes coffee more than sex, that doesn't mean they're not going to be pretty miserable in a romantic relationship if their partner doesn't desire sex and doesn't desire them sexually..Sexuals still have an innate desire to connect sexually with their romantic partner, for varying reasons.. Seeing that person you love playing videogames naked or whatever and knowing they don't want sex with you would be pretty heartbreaking for many sexuals and they might come somewhere like AVEN to vent with other sexual partners of asexuals. Just because they might enjoy dairy products more than sex doesn't mean they aren't going to be upset and maybe want to vent if they're feeling that desire and knowing it's not reciprocated.

That aside, I haven't seen Skullery "whining" about a lack of sex for years now (unless I've missed it) ..When she *is* talking about sex she's generally trying to educate asexuals about normal sexuality as opposed to having a moan about being without it (though she's still within her rights to moan about a lack of sex if that's what she's experiencing). You can enjoy coffee more than sex, and still moan about a lack of sex. Just as you can enjoy sex more than coffee and moan about not having any coffee; feel like you're dying and can't function without that caffeine fix. Damn, now I want a coffee haha.

Anyway, I wasn't trying to speak for Skullery.. just wanted to show how it's possible to like some things more than sex and still be unhappy without it.

I wonder if there are any sexuals who like hostile conversation better than sex. :lol:

(I'm absolutely just kidding; anyone who likes it that much would incorporate it into foreplay.)

Weed (OMG weed... )

Coffee

Movies

Dairy Products

The right to drive

Living in the PNW

Walking in the woods

Campfires

Dog ownership

Waking up without an alarm

I second notions with pictures [taken from my camera roll which span back to 2013]

WP_013163.jpg

WP_007267.jpg

WP_002917.jpg

WP_009208.jpg

WP_004684.jpg

WP_007676.jpg

Deer gods, this is still going on?

Eating a really good meal on an empty stomach

Hey guys, I know I'm the OP, but since AVEN came back there have been some slight hiccups with mod buttons so I'm posting this on Serran's behalf.

Due to bugs within the system after migration, this thread is to remain locked until I am able to split it. Apologies for the inconvienence.

Binge watching shows with friends for the win. Will totally continue ditching the SO for that. 

• 4 months later...
On 11/11/2016 at 8:55 PM, Telecaster68 said:

'Rather go without' isn't the same as 'better than'.

Good point actually! but the whole question is a bit off! Nobody wants too much of anything. Coffee is better, if you are thirsty for coffee. (TMI-alert) If I am in the middle of a groundshaking, nirvana-ish, cosmic orgasm, then nothing else exists at that very point in my brain, and I need nothing else, not the world, air, my life, my children, anything. A few seconds later, I am mentally back and gradually reality comes back. I migth even say no to a new round of sex, since my needs have been fulfilled and now I need air and coffee and happy children and the rest of my life.

42 minutes ago, Pan. said:

Did half this thread go missing somewhere? :o

Somewhere is here: 

35 minutes ago, Tofer said:

Somewhere is here: 

Oh I was wondering where that comment of mine went. Kind of lame that it as moved as I made it early in the thread (it was one of the earliest replies) and I used examples of things I'd found online that regular sexual people enjoy more than sex (at least sometimes)... Yet my long, more off-topic comment was kept in this  thread while the relevant comment was split :S

On ‎12‎.‎11‎.‎2016 at 7:00 AM, Snao Çoñé said:

I wonder if there are any sexuals who like hostile conversation better than sex. :lol:

(I'm absolutely just kidding; anyone who likes it that much would incorporate it into foreplay.)

There seem to be. Or why else would they have them that frequently and stay partnered?

Archived