Ace Toronto (Un)Conference 2017!

trisarahtops

Ace Toronto is happy to announce that we will be hosting an Asexual (Un)Conference for ace community members and allies.

Date/Time: Saturday, January 21, 2017 10am-6:30pm; 9:30am check-in (with a post conference social)

Who is this conference for?: This conference is for people who are on the ace and/or aromantic spectrums or questioning whether they might be, and for their friends, partners, and family.

What is this conference about?:The goal of this conference is to create a space for more in-depth conversations among ace and/or arospec community members.

What is an (Un)Conference?: This conference will include set programming in the morning (e.g., workshops, panels, etc.) and an “unconference” format in the afternoon where programming is decided day-of.

For more information:

If you have any questions about the conference please e-mail us (ace.toronto.events@gmail.com). We hope to see many of you there!

UncommonNonsense

Oh man.... I'd love to come. I'll have to see what my work schedule is looking like... and the weather... and my accursed energy levels/pain levels. Toronto is about 2.5 hours away by car, and I'm very hesitant about driving in Toronto, but I'd still love to come...

If anyone in the Stratford/New Hamburg/Kitchener/Waterloo area would like to carpool or share driving, I'm up for that. We'd share gas/parking costs, of course.

Hey, I'm one of the organizers for this conference and there's an error with the fundraising link, the correct link is: https://www.tilt.com/tilts/ace-toronto-unconference

Ace Toronto also has a Facebook, a Tumblr, a Twitter, and an Instagram where we will be posting about (Un)conference updates!! so be sure to follow us on there for more deets!

Hey, I'm one of the organizers for this conference and there's an error with the fundraising link, the correct link is: https://www.tilt.com/tilts/ace-toronto-unconference

Ace Toronto also has a Facebook, a Tumblr, a Twitter, and an Instagram where we will be posting about (Un)conference updates!! so be sure to follow us on there for more deets!

I knew I would forget to edit it! Need to correct it on the other two posts... Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Update Re: Programming Proposals:

New Deadline: December 4th at 11:59pm.

General topic interests appear to be:

·        trans/nb stuff
·        neurodiversity & mental illness/health issues;
·        physical disability & chronic physical illness/health issues;
·        sexual violence and/or other trauma;
·        experiences with race & racism stuff

Proposal Form: bit.ly/ATUCProposal

• 1 month later...
Omnes et Nihil

By the way, the schedule and workshop descriptions are now available. If you're planning to attend, don't forget to register! (ASL interpretation provided)

Also, there's a post-conference Open-Mic event!

If anyone would like read / perform, e-mail your piece by Jan 18th-- necessary for the ASL interpreters (ace.toronto.events@gmail.com)

This looks really good. I'm curious - how many attendees are you expecting?

Omnes et Nihil

As of now, we have about 70 confirmed (+ volunteers). But we're expecting about 100.

Sorry I won't be able to make this (I don't want to plan any trips until my employment situation is a bit more secure).  I'm glad to hear you're expecting such good participation.  I hope it goes great!  :)

Archived