Asexuality and dealing with prostate health issues (warning - lots of sexual info)

martinicus

I'm 36 old male. Some time ago I noticed that I have to urinate more often than maybe 5 years ago, especially in mornings. Also I wake up to urinate once or twice during my 8-9 hours sleep.

When I bend to put my shoes on, sometimes I feel an urge to pee and I feel like some drops of urine are already flowing in my penis. For this reason, now I tend to be especially slow and cautious when bending. Sometimes I wake up at night because of feeling dull pressure at the region of the prostate. Then I go to bathroom and push some air out of my bowels, and then also the prostate pressure goes away.

I knew that there are many possible reasons for these symptoms - enlarged prostate or even cancer, so I did PSA, creatinine, hormone (testosterone, SHBG, albumin) and blood tests and visited a urologist.

My PSA is really low (0.271 ng/mL), creatinine and hormone levels are right in the middle of normal reference intervals, and all of that means that enlarged or inflamed prostate is highly unlikely.

Blood tests in general are good, although leukocytic formula is slightly out of balance and cholesterol is slightly over the norm, but that's no big deal.

The doctor did the infamous urologists favorite test - stick his fingers into my anus and inspect the prostate. While he was doing it, at some moments I felt sudden urges to urinate although I had been to WC a few minutes ago. I told the doctor about it.

At the end, the doctor scratched his head and told that he did not find any enlargement and also there are no signs of inflammation, but he found that the prostate has become somewhat thicker or harder. At this point he asked me about my sexual life and I had to admit that, well, currently I don't have it (I didn't feel comfortable enough to telling him that I don't have it at all, heh).

So, the doctor said that my situation is most probably caused by lack of sexual activity and my prostate is accumulating some substances which should not be kept there for so long. He prescribed me Dicloberl rectal suppositories and told that they might help to soften the prostate.

Later on I discovered that Dicloberl in essence is nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) which have somewhat bad side effects on stomach (and I have really sensitive stomach because of hiatal hernia), so I should avoid them, if possible. So, I'm not sure about using these.

I've been trying masturbation lately. It kinda works at times when I get sleepy and my penis starts getting that slowly pulsating feeling or during so called "morning wood". I never reach ejaculation or orgasm while masturbating but at least I get some of that sticky pre-cum (pre-ejaculatory fluid) out. For me ejaculation happens only when I'm asleep and see an emotionally overwhelming dream, but it happens only about once a month.

Next week I'm going to ultrasonography, just to make sure that urologist didn't miss anything.

Anyway, I'm curious - does any of ace males here have any experience with similar issues? How do you deal with them?

Lord Jade Cross

I havent done any more research into the matter so take what Im about to say lightly.

At least when I looked into it, lack of sexual activity leading to increased chances of prostate cancer did not add up. Whatever harmful substances that may created by the body are usually disposed off by in urine so if there is an acumulation of anything in the prostate, its unlikely to be because you dont have sex on a regular basis.

Yes, in my case the doctor did not say that it is harmful or something related to cancer. It's just that the prostate has thickened because of low sexual activity, and this is causing some pressure on nearby organs and urethra.

I had a doctor once that was adamant about stating that regular sexual activity, or masturbation was essential to keeping prostate health. Keep in mind this was during the 1990's and there wasn't much research. He had me on a "schedule" which eventually after a few years I completely abandoned and found a new doctor who was more educated about asexuality, and open to discussing health concerns more positively.

The only thing I might think of is possibly stimulation is what might be causing it. If you have a bowel movement accumulating, it might be brushing against your prostate when you bend over, causing this sensation to happen, but that's just an unexperienced guess. I'm surprised though that your urologist focused only on the prostate, and not on any of the other vessels or muscles associated with urination?

Any doctor might have suggested kegels to help build up the muscles associated with control.

Archived