New here searching for proper diagnosis of my sexuality

warrinstara

Hi Everyone,

Please don't interpret this as any sort of judgement or reflection upon anyone other than myself. I am honestly confused about my sexual orientation and am in search of friendly advice as to where I fit in in the greater scheme of the world. I know this may be a very personal and potentially an uncomfortable post, but I feel the detail I include will be useful to anyone who is interested in helping me figure this out.

Nominally, I am a straight female. However, I am pretty sure there is some bi-curiousness there. The thing is, sex doesn't excite me. Honestly, I would rather get good and drunk or good and high than f*ck someone. I know that is a crass statement, but honestly when I masterbate (which I do probably 4- 6x per month), I feel that the alcohol or the legal mu-opioids agonist I drank/ took lasted longer and was much more noticeable... So for some background: I am attracted to aethestically pleasing male forms (probably a little more than obviously female forms). Now, I have had sex with several individuals, but in every case it was either to please them or in the hopes of reaching some new high that was yet unknown to me. (I realize masterbation should have already informed me of said such high.) Anyway, I am currently in an intamiate heterosexual relationship with my boyfriend, and I have sex with him because I love him and want him to be happy. Please, I just want a diagnosis. Do you think I am asexual? I don't care whether the you say yes or no. I am just trying to figure myself out.

Spectre/Ex/Machina

Maybe.......seems so. Though it is not on me or anyone else but yourself to officially label you. Just so you know.

warrinstara welcome to AVEN 🎂 🎂

This is the place to find your sexual and romantic identity. Just look through the various forums, especially Q&A, it may take a while but you should find an identity you feel comfortable with

Welcome warrinstara - this is a good place to try to figure things out. As Skycaptain said, Q&A is a good place to gather information. Don't let anyone try to tell you what you are, that is for you to decide.

• 3 months later...

It sounds like you experience aesthetic attraction to both sexes but not sexual attraction so on that basis I'd guess at you being asexual. Only you can know for sure what you are though.

Archived