Secondary Hogwarts House

emma-can

85 members have voted

1. 1. What is your actual Hogwarts house? (Primary)

• Gryffindor
    • Slytherin
    • Ravenclaw
    • Hufflepuff
  2. 2. If you weren't in that house, which house would you be in? (Secondary)

• Gryffindor
    • Slytherin
    • Ravenclaw
    • Hufflepuff
  3. 3. What combination of houses are you? (Primary, Secondary)

• Gryffindor, Slytherin
    • Gryffindor, Ravenclaw
    • Gryffindor, Hufflepuff
    • Slytherin, Gryffindor
    • Slytherin, Ravenclaw
    • Slytherin, Hufflepuff
    • Ravenclaw, Gryffindor
    • Ravenclaw, Slytherin
    • Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff
    • Hufflepuff, Gryffindor
    • Hufflepuff, Slytherin
    • Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw

This poll is closed to new votes

It's my belief that, while your Hogwarts house says a lot about your personality, your backup house (secondary house, if you will) also says a lot. For example, Hermione (probably Gryffindor, Ravenclaw) is a very different person from Ron (probably Gryffindor, Hufflepuff) even though they're in the same house. What do you think?

For the record, I'm probably Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff

Well Pottermore keeps giving me Hufflepuff, but I'm come kind of combination of that and Ravenclaw. I'm too much of a nerd, not brave in the slightest, and have too little pride to be in Slytherin.

What are even the personality requirements for Slytherin? I thought it was just purebloods allowed.

Well Pottermore keeps giving me Hufflepuff, but I'm come kind of combination of that and Ravenclaw. I'm too much of a nerd, not brave in the slightest, and have too little pride to be in Slytherin.

What are even the personality requirements for Slytherin? I thought it was just purebloods allowed.

The adjectives "ambitious" and "cunning" are thrown around a lot for Slytherin. I'd probably also add "serious," "resourceful," "determined," "straitlaced."

Evergreen Strauss

I'm probably Slytherin/Hufflepuff!
I agree with what you said about the secondary house. In my opinion, a person never really fits in only one house. People can have traits from more houses, maybe even all four. Actually I'm a bit against this whole system, because it causes a lot of prejudice too. Like, Slytherin is the evil house, the Hufflepuffs are mostly seen as dull and weak, Ravenclaws are know-it-alls, and the Gryffindors are show-offs. These things make me so angry, like, NO you can't place people in boxes like that. So whenever someone says all Slytherins are evil, I go on an angry Harry Potter rant, god I'm such a nerd..

It is true that Salazar Slytherin only wanted purebloods, but I think it changed over time... I'm pretty sure anyone can be sorted in Slytherin now.

I'm a Hufflepuff! My secondary house would be Slytherin :twisted:

Primary is Ravenclaw, Gryffindor is secondary (after taking the test way too many times over the years)...

HUFFLEPUFF4LIFE

ravenclaw2ndlife

Did I ever tell you how much I love your Nichijou avatar :0

cavalier080854

Having been through the English school house system, there is no secondary house. Your own before all others. Mine was Piper house, colour Red, which was incidently the same colour as the school tie. The other houses were Epstein, Sutherland and Spence, colours Blue, green and yellow respectively.

I'm definitely a Hufflepuff. If I had to chose a second though, it would probably be Ravenclaw. I'm kind of a big nerd, and not nearly brave or ambitious enough to be in either Gryffindor or Slytherin.

Ravenclaw, Slytherin. I actually was a Slytherin before the Pottermore site updated and I retook the sorting had test and got Revenclaw. I can relate to both houses though.

Having been through the English school house system, there is no secondary house. Your own before all others. Mine was Piper house, colour Red, which was incidently the same colour as the school tie. The other houses were Epstein, Sutherland and Spence, colours Blue, green and yellow respectively.

I didn't know houses were a thing actual schools did :o

Well in practice, no, someone couldn't be in more than one house. But in the Harry Potter universe, which house you're in is very dependent on your personality. So a lot of Harry Potter fans use it as a personality identifier (like Meyers-Briggs types or zodiac signs). So really the poll is about which houses' personalities you have.

First Hufflepuff, second Ravenclaw. I actually thought I was Ravenclaw when I was younger, but I've gotten Hufflepuff on almost all quizzes I've taken including the Pottermore one (where I got it both times I took it), so now I am a proud Puff.

Well in practice, no, someone couldn't be in more than one house. But in the Harry Potter universe, which house you're in is very dependent on your personality. So a lot of Harry Potter fans use it as a personality identifier (like Meyers-Briggs types or zodiac signs). So really the poll is about which houses' personalities you have.

My school did houses, too! We had four houses with English-derived names. Unfortunately there wasn't much of a personality test involved; students were just sorted into random houses. I remember there being a point where one of the houses had almost twice as many students as the others, lol. At least the house-themed cakes that you could eat after certain interhouses were tasty.

Always been a definite Hufflepuff! Secondary House would be Slytherin, I guess. I feel like these two have more in common than people think, and funnily enough most of my friends are Slytherins or fellow 'Puffs. ^_^

Actually, now that I think about it, I think that I might break break your theory that secondary houses tell more about people than primary houses. For me, people who know me causally or only have a surface understanding of who I am tend to assume I am a Ravenclaw, and it's only once people have gotten to know me on a deeper level that they see I'm clearly a Hufflepuff instead. I'm kind of like Hermione in the sense that most people remember me as "the smart nerdy one" when in reality there's something more important than that to who I am as a person, and hence am not in Ravenclaw.

Actually, now that I think about it, I think that I might break break your theory that secondary houses tell more about people than primary houses. For me, people who know me causally or only have a surface understanding of who I am tend to assume I am a Ravenclaw, and it's only once people have gotten to know me on a deeper level that they see I'm clearly a Hufflepuff instead. I'm kind of like Hermione in the sense that most people remember me as "the smart nerdy one" when in reality there's something more important than that to who I am as a person, and hence am not in Ravenclaw.

I see what you mean, definitely. I don't know if I think secondary says more than primary; I think it's more that one isn't entirely enough, that two helps flesh out the personality more.

I see what you mean, definitely. I don't know if I think secondary says more than primary; I think it's more that one isn't entirely enough, that two helps flesh out the personality more.

Yeah I agree with this more. Primary is who you are, however like it's pointed out earlier then Harry is verging Slytherin, Hermione could be Ravenclaw and Ron maybe Huff's.

My school did houses, too! We had four houses with English-derived names. Unfortunately there wasn't much of a personality test involved; students were just sorted into random houses. I remember there being a point where one of the houses had almost twice as many students as the others, lol. At least the house-themed cakes that you could eat after certain interhouses were tasty.

Our school started doing houses just before I left but it was just done by what form groups you were in (like forms A and B were in one house etc). They named the houses after places in Wiltshire I think.

I think they were trying to instil pride in the students or something, but they chose the same colours as the Harry Potter houses so everyone just took the piss really.

As for houses, I'm definitely Hufflepuff, with maybe Gryffindor as secondary house.

Oh, I totally agree that the secondary house says a lot about a person and it basically gives you a better picture of them tbh.

I'm a Slytherin/Ravenclaw.

Im Ravenclaw on latest pottermore, but ive also tested Slytherin. I identify more with Slytherin. I may be smart, but im also proud and seek power and glory.

I'd say my secondary house is Hufflepuff.

I'm a Slytherin but I'm pretty sure I'm also a Hufflepuff.

I think there's a little bit of every house in everyone.

Pottermore keeps confusing me and changing my results(I'm ravenclaw and hufflepuff, but I don't know in what order)

I'm definitely a Ravenpuff.

• 1 month later...
cosmosredshift7

I'm hufflepuff 100%, so i never thought about what house I would have as a second choice. After ten minutes of contemplation, gryffindor is my backup.

Slytherin/Gryffindor.

Archived