Physical Changes Without HRT?

Starbogen

Has this happened to anyone else?

It's obviously nothing as noticeable as if I were on hormones but over the last year my voice seems to have gotten slightly deeper and my face is longer somehow and less round, my eyes look less feminine and soft according to a friend of mine, I sweat more, I've gotten like three pimples when before I got none lol. I've kinda had an increase in libido and I seem more sexual than I thought I could ever be. My facial hair seems more pronounced too, it's like ten hairs on my chin and jaw that before I could feel but couldn't really see from a normal distance, but now I can totally see them sticking out, and my body overall seems hairier too XD

Is this all just mental sugestion or something? Like wishful thinking and I'm just imagining this stuff or exaggerating little things in my mind?

Some kind of variation of placebo effect, why not ? If you were repressing your gender identity before, I think that it would make sense that your body also repressed a few things, not just your mind. And now you're more true to yourself.

Bio-women also have some level of testosterone. And therefore, the effects are much slower and less pronounced than in bio-men, but they appear. Especially the body hair. If you observe it, women tend to have lower voices with age, and get sharper faces, to the point that after 50 a lot of them look quite masculine and even get visible peach fuzz. And in common sense feminine=young. Also, the levels of hormones fluctuate a lot. Adults also tend to sweat more than teens and children, with acne I can't really tell you, three spots though, seems like within error. My own face looks like minefield after explosion right now, so that - is acne you should worry about. With libido it is the case too that adults have more libido. But it could be psychological in your case too. Because you feel better in your skin maybe, or more in touch with what you feel. That could be ovarian cysts as well. A lot of women get those.

For me, my pre-HRT transition was drastic weight loss. It made me more androgynous in general, and even changed the shape of my face, which was always so rounded before. (Granted, even that pre-T face looks pretty soft in comparison to now :lol: ) Granted, not a lot of people were perceptive to my masculinity pre-T beyond noticing that I exclusively wore men's clothes. (The long hair threw people off.)

It's possible that perception could be coming into play in some regards, and it's also possible that you're having some shifts in your hormone balance, be it through diet, exercise, stress levels, or who knows what else. Perception does some weird things to me day-by-day, and I remember having a particularly strong dissociative moment where I suddenly couldn't see any of my masculine features at all for about a day. Beyond that extreme, I tend to swing between my mind clinging to masculine features, to my mind screaming that I "look like a lesbian" instead of a man.

Hmm yeah I guess I know it probably has more to do with my own mind and perception and growing more into myself, as well as getting older, than anything else.

Haha I say the older thing as if I was in my late thirties XD

But yeah I've also lost some weight I think so that's probably why my face looks longer and leaner.. Thankfully I never personally feel like I have that "looking like a lesbian" issue because I have the short hair and the male clothes but my overall presentation and vibe isn't really "masculine" like I think that "type" of lesbian would have, so I just end up looking a lot more like a somewhat feminine guy than like a masculine girl. And it's not just me who thinks so apparently because I definitely pass a lot more often now than I did a year ago, and my brother who isn't supportive even told me that in a picture I kinda looked like one of our other brothers. Even my mom, who didn't/doesn't believe I'm trans and thought I must be a lesbian, has told me on several occasions that I look like a "pretty gay boy".

So I guess maybe I was just androgynous enough to begin with that with some presentation changes and shifts in perspective I can be perceived as whatever, and since coming out to myself as trans I've adjusted those things to align with maleness and masculinity.

I found a chin hair the other day!

Dodecahedron314

Not entirely in the same vein as the rest of the thread, but does anyone know how much of an effect your singing voice has on your speaking voice pitch-wise? One sort of semi-subconscious quasi-voice training thing I sometimes do is sing along to songs by male singers with fairly deep voices and see how many notes I can actually hit. I noticed tonight that the proportion of low notes I can reach without too much difficulty has increased somewhat, and considering that I've had my voice compared to that of two different male voice actors recently, I have to wonder if that's starting to transfer over to my speaking voice becoming lower as well. (I'd like to think I kind of already had a somewhat androgynous voice to begin with, but I'm also kind of bad at figuring out that sort of thing in general so I actually have no idea.)

Not entirely in the same vein as the rest of the thread, but does anyone know how much of an effect your singing voice has on your speaking voice pitch-wise? One sort of semi-subconscious quasi-voice training thing I sometimes do is sing along to songs by male singers with fairly deep voices and see how many notes I can actually hit. I noticed tonight that the proportion of low notes I can reach without too much difficulty has increased somewhat, and considering that I've had my voice compared to that of two different male voice actors recently, I have to wonder if that's starting to transfer over to my speaking voice becoming lower as well. (I'd like to think I kind of already had a somewhat androgynous voice to begin with, but I'm also kind of bad at figuring out that sort of thing in general so I actually have no idea.)

I think the same thing has actually happened with my voice, from singing along to song with male singers and having a kinda neutral sort of voice to begin with too.

The voice uses muscles to a certain extent, so I'm sure there's something to be said for training said muscles. It won't get you beyond a certain limitation imposed by the size and shape of your voice box, but I could see it pushing you to one end or the other. But that's purely speculative ;)

Dodec - not neccesarily. Speaking voice is something you can excersice too, but the singing vioce doesn't neccesarily impact it. The rage does stretch and the voice becomes stronger if you practice. However, if something is within your singing range, it becomes also in the speaking range, if you try, of course.

I found a chin hair the other day!

I have had chin hairs since my early 20s. It takes less then a week before they pop up again and that's only in the event that I actually pluck them.

I think that the more I accept or embrace my agender-ness, the more I've been trying out feminine things like nail polish, but hen I snap back into wanting to be read as male-agender over female. I experimented with male clothes for years (first through costuming, then gradually absorbing some things into my "normal" wardrobe. Mostly waistcoats.) or I try to get androgynous/ unisex clothing instead of the really obviously shaped female clothes. Men's slim cut shirts are brilliant.

I cut my hair short about three years ago and I love the confidence it gives me. I have thought about growing my hair out a bit longer but if I did that I don't think there is any chance people would see me as not-female.

I dealt with dysphoria and euphoria by cosplaying feminine male characters - which also meant I could buy a binder and I had a ready excuse for my parents.

On my more masculine days I try to shape my face with makeup and to stand in a less feminine way. I've also started trying to improve my upper body strength because I have none. I really want to balance out my female shaped hips but I can't afford to lose any weight which has its own dysphoria problems around fat distribution. Ugh.

Archived