Sex without masturbation: Is there a word for this?

confused_kitten

confused_kitten

So I know I'm not asexual because I like sex, but I don't masturbate. Can't. Have ~no desire to ever do so.

I can't possibly be the only person like this, but I can't find a word for it anywhere. All the online resources I like about sex/sexuality just talk about how masturbation is Good and Healthy and Normal, it's very isolating for me.

So I realize that this is probably not the right community for me, but I really don't know where to look and I hoped someone here might be able to point me in the right direction. Anyone heard of this?

Quite normal, I think! Masturbation can be a bit tame. Sometimes I feel like I am asexual regarding masturbation, but sometimes it is quite nice! No word for it! Ejaculating is healthy, though. Helps to minimize danger of prostate cancer!

Libido and sexual orientation are different and independent things.

confused_kitten

@A-Mazing thanks but I'm a female-bodied person, so prostate cancer isn't really a concern for me.

@mikeman I wouldn't say I have no libido, though, since I do feel desire for sex with other people, sometimes, but in terms of masturbation I just can't. At all. Ever. For my entire life.

Welcome to AVEN, confused_kitten. :cake: Not everybody on AVEN is asexual. It's a forum with the main topic asexuality, but it doesn't mean it cannot be a good place for you as well.

Maybe there is no word for it because it is a very common thing that does not really need to be mentioned. I did a little google search and the only thing I found was an old AVEN thread from 2011, where nobody knew any reply either. So I turned it around and looked for statistics about masturbation.

This article in Psychology Today should give you the information you need. According to this, 38 percent of women and 61 percent of men said they masturbated during the past year. In other words: it's more of a myth than reality that the majority of people masturbate.

Welcome to AVEN, confused_kitten. :cake: Not everybody on AVEN is asexual. It's a forum with the main topic asexuality, but it doesn't mean it cannot be a good place for you as well.

Maybe there is no word for it because it is a very common thing that does not really need to be mentioned. I did a little google search and the only thing I found was an old AVEN thread from 2011, where nobody knew any reply either. So I turned it around it looked for statistics about masturbation.

This article in Psychology Today should give you the information you need. According to this, 38 percent of women and 61 percent of men said they masturbated during the past year. In other words: it's more of a myth than reality that the majority of people masturbate.

Women's sexuality is a taboo subject still so it's easy to deduce that the number of women who masturbate is going to be higher than 38% on the grounds that we just don't want to admit it. Whereas it's completely normal (albeit disgusting) for a male to walk around in public making the masturbation gesture with his fist in that area.